The Student Room Group

Two dads meet their newborn son

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It is abnormal to me, almost alien..
Reply 2
No matter what sexuality, you should be able to have a child.
Well, I bet this is gonna divide opinions quite quickly.

Personally, I think that's a wonderful picture and, as the above poster said, your sexuality shouldn't restrict your right to parenthood.
I'm curious as to why people consider it disturbing and abnormal.

Those men will hopefully provide a loving and stable environment for the baby, something that can't be said about every heterosexual parent.
I'm gay and I want kids some day, but this photo is a bit creepy.

Why are they naked o.O
Original post by Skip_Snip

Why are they naked o.O

In the article, the men stated that they're shirtless because skin-to-skin contact is beneficial for newborn babies. :smile:
Original post by Skip_Snip

Why are they naked o.O

It states in the article that skin on skin contact is believed to be beneficial for the baby. They aren't naked, merely topless.
Err they are touching someone elses vagina juices.. :K:
The child is looking for a breast but all it can find is hair. I don't mind the two men raising the child but at the same time, no child should be denied a mother. It's controversial but as long as the child is raised well, I don't see the issue.
Reply 10
Original post by NicCx
No matter what sexuality, you should be able to have a child.

God designed it so that only a woman can give birth with a man. So why should homosexuals be able to have children?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Xcalibur
God designed it so that only a woman can give birth with a man. So why should homosexuals be able to have children?

The world doesn't revolve around religion you know, why can't you just let two people be happy?
(edited 9 years ago)
It is abnormal and unnatural for two men to procure a child in this manner.

If you believe that God designed the world and everything in it, then you believe that he designed the human mind and endowed us with the intelligence to permit the development of reproductive science and technology. Indeed, if an omniscient omnipotent God designed reality then everything that happens in the world (including IVF) was his intention all along.
(edited 9 years ago)
I feel sorry for the baby

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Limpopo
It is abnormal and unnatural for two men to procure a child in this manner.

Well no, it's normal for to men to procure a child in this manner as its the only way they can get a child.

Many species of animals have forms of adoption and surrogate parenting so adoption isn't really unnatural either.

Wrong on both accounts I'm afraid.
Original post by Gwilym101
Well no, it's normal for to men to procure a child in this manner as its the only way they can get a child.

Many species of animals have forms of adoption and surrogate parenting so adoption isn't really unnatural either.

Wrong on both accounts I'm afraid.

I guess it depends what your definition of normal and natural is.

God doesn't definitely exist, while gay people definitely do. Whose needs should be considered first?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Limpopo
I guess it depends what your definition of normal and natural is.

Same as most people I'd imagine.

Normal is the typical way in which an event happen. Gay couples can't have children through sexual reproduction like a lot of straight couples, so they adopt. This is the normal way it happens.

Natural is something that exists in nature, not solely man-made constructs.

Also begs the question of even if it was abnormal and unnatural, so what?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 19
God may have designed it or ****ing aliens from the planet venasaur could have designed it for all I care. The point was that while men and women are biologically compatible, two men are not. This is how it has been from the beginning of time.I don't give an actual **** why or how that came to be but that's just how it is.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending