The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Just had a look at the new league tables. Oh dear :frown: I know I shouldn't be worried... but I am
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by Aspiring Medic 7

Hey man ... If they are done they are done but if not .. Jus make up for it in your next one ...
Exams and this feeling of doing badly is so annoying ... It usually turns out u has done fairly well ... But yes this feeling is so so so bloody annoying ... May be u can do a mini research on it once u start medicine.... Cheeky wink ...
Remeber unis do tend to like people they have given offers to ... That is why sometimes they accept people even if they dont quite meet the grade ... Whilst i hope ... Na i know this wont happen to u and neither should this be relied upon .... Jus ace these bloody exams best of luck .....

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by GCSE-help
Just had a look at the new league tables. Oh dear :frown: I know I shouldn't be worried... but I am

League tables don't mean a thing. Imperial is 15th, which is bull! Also bear in mind that KCL is ranked in the top 20 medical schools in the world.
Hey, when you submitted your application for accommodation, did you guys rank all of the choices? Or just most of them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, when you submitted your application for accommodation, did you guys rank all of the choices? Or just most of them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

All of them :smile: it tells you when you apply that if you don't rank them they get equal weighting i.e. if you pick 3 the rest are all equally your 4th choice

Posted from TSR Mobile

I ranked about 5 or 6 then left the rest :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

All but the intercols, they say there's a 90% of getting somewhere in the top 3 so fingers crossed 4 down don't matter!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay thanks for the replies- I ranked 6 and left the rest, hopefully that's enough :smile: which are your first choices?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Moonraker, GDSA and Julian Markham. location wise they look amazing plus the 3/4 beds in moonraker win it for me, yes it's expensive but should be worth it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay thanks for the replies- I ranked 6 and left the rest, hopefully that's enough :smile: which are your first choices?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Great Dover Street, Wolfson and Moonraker Point in that order :smile: what did you choose?
Original post by Flobie
Great Dover Street, Wolfson and Moonraker Point in that order :smile: what did you choose?

GDS, Julian Markham and Stamford Street :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
GDS, Julian Markham and Stamford Street :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why Julian Markham? Think I'm going to do GDS, SSA, Wolfson, and some other **** after that.
Original post by Hugby1
Why Julian Markham? Think I'm going to do GDS, SSA, Wolfson, and some other **** after that.

I've heard SSA is antisocial, it's about the same distance from Waterloo - Guys as E&C - Guys and JM is a bit cheaper (by like £2 a week) so I thought, 'meh why not!' Everyone I know in kings had their accommodation messed about with so I'm not holding out much hope tbh :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hugby1

I wanted ensuite for sure, so Wolfson was my fifth choice I think... and Julian Markham looks really nice :smile: it's also not too far from Guy's!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4774
When do you think they will tell us about which accommodation we have been placed in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zeddem
When do you think they will tell us about which accommodation we have been placed in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

From results day till 1st sept

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4776
Original post by callummj6747
From results day till 1st sept

Posted from TSR Mobile

Damn that feels like ages! Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
so do u need AAAA for your AS results to apply for medicine
Original post by coolgamer
so do u need AAAA for your AS results to apply for medicine

No, kings looks at your GCSE A*s and UKCAT, some unis looks for AS results so 4As is very good for them but others GCSE, looks online for which :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by callummj6747
No, kings looks at your GCSE A*s and UKCAT, some unis looks for AS results so 4As is very good for them but others GCSE, looks online for which :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

i didnt get A*s only 8 As but i thought of applying to extended medical programme at kings ? so am i less likey to get in

Quick Reply

Latest