The Student Room Group

HELP!

Hi,... I just need help with organisation.I am a lazy person and I need to start getting more organised as I'm nearly in year 11.. Was wondering if anyone had any tips or tricks and let me know what your results were by doing this method? :smile: x
Reply 1
Original post by Megan_austinn
Hi,... I just need help with organisation.I am a lazy person and I need to start getting more organised as I'm nearly in year 11.. Was wondering if anyone had any tips or tricks and let me know what your results were by doing this method? :smile: x

I haven't received my results yet (just finished year 11) and I didn't start getting ready for exams (revising) until the half term in the spring term, and only then it was little. I'd recommend getting revision books and finding exercise books as well with all your work in as it will save you time for when the exams come to be looking for them. But for now, I wouldn't start revising yet as it is considered too early and you will 'burn out' and no longer want to revise when the exams actually come up. You could possibly look over some more difficult content you have done this year so you understand it, but overall just chill for now and have a nice summer :smile:
Original post by ozzie2
I haven't received my results yet (just finished year 11) and I didn't start getting ready for exams (revising) until the half term in the spring term, and only then it was little. I'd recommend getting revision books and finding exercise books as well with all your work in as it will save you time for when the exams come to be looking for them. But for now, I wouldn't start revising yet as it is considered too early and you will 'burn out' and no longer want to revise when the exams actually come up. You could possibly look over some more difficult content you have done this year so you understand it, but overall just chill for now and have a nice summer :smile:
. Thankyou this really helped me and fingers crossed for results day :smile: X
Reply 3
Original post by Megan_austinn
. Thankyou this really helped me and fingers crossed for results day :smile: X

haha no worries and thanks :smile: Hope all goes well for you too
Reply 4
-Write notes consistently throughout the year (use class notes, internet, textbooks and revision guides)
-Read over what you learn't in class every few weeks to refresh your memory. I'd advise revising over everything you've done this year during the summer. Don't study hard core or anything but just like read over your notes or whatever.
-Never cram for any class tests etc. Always do any coursework you've got in advance. (To make this possible, Hint: DON'T Procrastinate)
-Slowly practice doing past papers over the year so you get used to the format of questions
-Get a folder for each subject to keep at home. Take one with you to school to store all your notes, worksheets etc then when you get home put everything into their respective folder. That way you'll have all your notes etc in one place and you won't need to look around for missing sheets of paper.
-Start studying 3-4 weeks in advance for your GCSE's. Spend around 2 weeks revising over everything and spend the next week or so practicing past papers.

Haven't got my results yet but I've been consistently getting A/A*'s in all my term/class tests, mid/end of year exams, homework, projects etc throughout the two years.

Hope I Helped!

Quick Reply

Latest