The Student Room Group

I got chased last night and now I am scared... :(

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GoatsInATree
:wink: Happy to help..
You said the walk is 5 minutes, running would half that time so just add 2 minute part as your warm down from the gymnastic :wink:. Yeah about the keys, if you have anything sharp ie. pen or pencil just keep that in hand for when a situation requires it.
Some do, but I would imagine attackers would want someone defenceless so if you're screaming that means you're more likely to put up a fight, and that's more hassle than its worth for them. Think about it this way if the person is really wants to get you regradless, you'd rather go down screaming so that would alert people that could help, whereas not screaming you're not giving yourself a chance to get help. Makes sense? :smile:

Oh I meant, you scream if you find that someone is actively chasing you. The other times just run.
Yes, definitely having your mum at the door would help immensely especially for your peace of mind (even hers)

Yeahh that's true :smile: I think I might actually be too scared to do anything D:
It does? I thought it'd make you look more scared? Yeahh I do get that!!
I'm going to ask her to do that then :smile:
Original post by LillyLisaa
It doesn't sound as scary as it is until it happens to you does it? :frown: omg really? :frown: there was more than one guy? A couple of cars drove past me but didn't stop or anything.. :/ I don't know anyone there and at that time it's just not possible... :frown: does being on the phone with someone really help? Like if someone saw you were on the phone would it make the, not go after you??

I'm not sure about the talking on the phone thing my friends say it works for them but I've never tried it and in some cases I think it makes you more of a target. However if something was to happen the person on the other side would know straight way and could raise the alarm so it's worth a try. Yeah it was two guys but in a way it sounds less scary than your incident as I'm pretty sure they wanted to mug me rather than anything more sinister and didn't make any attempt to chase me though probably because of the taxi driver. Changes are it was a one off incident as it had never happened to me before and hasn't since but yeah it can really shake you up and I'd consider myself a pretty strong person as well.
Original post by QuantumOverlord
Is there any possibility you could get a lift with a friend and perhaps stay over that day? It might be a big ask, but some people can be very accommodating if you tell them your reasons. Are you old enough to drive? That is another option, and is a good reason to get insurance. If you really have to walk down on your own at night, then try walking by a busy, well lit road and don't wear headphones.

I don't know anyone that lives on their eon and my friends parents wouldn't be happy about me going at that time... :/ I don't know how to drive plus I can't afford lessons yet.. My street is pretty lit but there's no one out to see...
Really? :frown: where do you get them? They sound quite helpful if they'd get peoples attention...

My sister was given hers by the police I think, however a quick google search tells me you can buy them for about £8, worth the money in my opinion, better to be safe than sorry!
Original post by katbob
I'm really sorry. That was me... I didn't mean to scare you. I needed some money for a bus home.
I had a bad headache and just wanted to catch you so I could ask for some money but you kept running away :s-smilie:

If that was supposed to be a joke it's not funny...
I don't know anyone that lives on their eon and my friends parents wouldn't be happy about me going at that time... :/ I don't know how to drive plus I can't afford lessons yet.. My street is pretty lit but there's no one out to see...

You don't know your friends parents wouldn't be okay with it if you haven't asked. Tell them the reasons, people can be very understanding; anyway you have nothing to loose by asking. Is there any possibility you could go to a more local gym class? Its no use enjoying the class if it is ruined by the journey.
Original post by littleangel9914
I'm not sure about the talking on the phone thing my friends say it works for them but I've never tried it and in some cases I think it makes you more of a target. However if something was to happen the person on the other side would know straight way and could raise the alarm so it's worth a try. Yeah it was two guys but in a way it sounds less scary than your incident as I'm pretty sure they wanted to mug me rather than anything more sinister and didn't make any attempt to chase me though probably because of the taxi driver. Changes are it was a one off incident as it had never happened to me before and hasn't since but yeah it can really shake you up and I'd consider myself a pretty strong person as well.

That's true I suppose and yeahh it's really good he was there!!
Original post by Annaleigh_B
My sister was given hers by the police I think, however a quick google search tells me you can buy them for about £8, worth the money in my opinion, better to be safe than sorry!

I think I'll try and get one!!
Reply 48
If that was supposed to be a joke it's not funny...

Sorry :hugs:

Can't you learn to do a cartwheel then knock then out with your legs? Especially if you do gymnastics?
Are you sure when he followed you it wasn't just a coincidence what do you mean by roar. ALso could you learn how to drive or get your parents to pick you up from the bus stop. Maybe you should complain to the police if he follows you again.
You don't know your friends parents wouldn't be okay with it if you haven't asked. Tell them the reasons, people can be very understanding; anyway you have nothing to loose by asking. Is there any possibility you could go to a more local gym class? Its no use enjoying the class if it is ruined by the journey.

But I'd still have to get to their house... And they're streets are more dangerous D: not for adults :frown:
Original post by katbob
Sorry :hugs:

Can't you learn to do a cartwheel then knock then out with your legs? Especially if you do gymnastics?

I can do a cartwheel but I don't think it would hurt them? :biggrin:
But I'd still have to get to their house... And they're streets are more dangerous D: not for adults :frown:

Could you try and organise a carpool with a group of friends? Perhaps encourage other people to go to the same class and have one person drive everyone else about and divide the costs of the petrol. Even if they don't go to your gym class, you may still be able to organise a carpool with friends that do other activities in the area.
Original post by Guy Secretan
Are you sure when he followed you it wasn't just a coincidence what do you mean by roar. ALso could you learn how to drive or get your parents to pick you up from the bus stop. Maybe you should complain to the police if he follows you again.

Yeahh... I mean he just stood there and stared at me and then walked really fast then ran after me :/ he just stood there and starred straight at me and said roar in this creepy serious voice before running after me again. It'd take more than a week to learn how to drove plus I don't have the money for lessons and a car... They won't go to the bus stop at that time :/ what would I say though??
Could you try and organise a carpool with a group of friends? Perhaps encourage other people to go to the same class and have one person drive everyone else about and divide the costs of the petrol. Even if they don't go to your gym class, you may still be able to organise a carpool with friends that do other activities in the area.

I don't have friends that drive :frown:
I don't have friends that drive :frown:

Are you a university student? I ask because most universities have gym clubs, so if you did sacrifice this summer you would still be able to pick it back up in October or whenever term starts. I know you shouldn't have to think about not going, but unfortunately you are going to have to weigh up the risk (which people have offered some suggestions about how to reduce it) and discomfort of the journey versus the enjoyment of the activity. If you are in a situation where you only have to loose this summer, then honestly I would drop it; but that's just my opinion.
Are you a university student? I ask because most universities have gym clubs, so if you did sacrifice this summer you would still be able to pick it back up in October or whenever term starts. I know you shouldn't have to think about not going, but unfortunately you are going to have to weigh up the risk (which people have offered some suggestions about how to reduce it) and discomfort of the journey versus the enjoyment of the activity. If you are in a situation where you only have to loose this summer, then honestly I would drop it; but that's just my opinion.

I'm not at university... I'm actually starting college in September and there's no where else I can go.. :/
Report it. Seriously, report it to the police (on 101, since it isn't an emergency). If it's happened once, chances are it's happened multiple times, to multiple people. The more information you can give the police, the better the chances they have of being able to deal with it. They'll also be able to give you much better information/help/advice than some random people on the internet can.
Original post by BlueSam3
Report it. Seriously, report it to the police (on 101, since it isn't an emergency). If it's happened once, chances are it's happened multiple times, to multiple people. The more information you can give the police, the better the chances they have of being able to deal with it. They'll also be able to give you much better information/help/advice than some random people on the internet can.

Isn't it too late now? I don't have a description of him.. :frown:
Buy a taser, or dress like a guy with a hoodie on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending