The Student Room Group

Slightly paranoid with my girlfriend....

....basically my girlfriend has just travelled a few hours away to a volunteering job...she is alone (as far as I'm awake) since the accommodation she was to stay at was cancelled...therefore I felt obliged to help her out, since her parents weren't in a position too. I paid for her to stay in a hotel for three days since I didn't want to see her on her own.

Now, she hadn't been on Facebook all day, as I assume she is sat in her room chilling or something, not sure if she'll have wifi there. But I login to Skype and see she is online. We haven't texted for a few hours..but the last text was an hour ago and she was talking dirty to me. She made some reason as to why she isn't replying quick, saying she's distracted.

I seem to assume this is because she is on Skype, potentially Skyping someone else.
I'm not sure whether to let this drop, or be bothered by this.

I just don't know who she would be chatting too on Skype or if she's out because she has little money. I just recently today arranged for her hotel, so this isn't something she pre-planned
I'm not suggesting she's getting off over someone else over Skype, but it seems odd she is on there and not Facebook.

Scroll to see replies

I think your being obsessive paranoid if she has done nothing to make you suspect anything and I mean something a little more concrete than not being on Facebook while on Skype than just let it go. If my boyfriend confronted me on something as trivial as this or tried to accuse me of something honestly I'd be a bit weirded out as it seems like very jealous/controlling behaviour like I'm not "allowed" to talk to other people.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I'm not suggesting she's getting off over someone else over Skype, but it seems odd she is on there and not Facebook.

So then what exactly are you suggesting?
ITT: OP is a jealous b-itch.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can understand your angle as I'd feel the same but the truth is it's one of those things you just have to led slide.
Reply 5
The reason I feel a little sort of confused is because she seems to be taking absolutely ages to respond, normally we text fairly rapidly (given the conversation were having- sexting), normally she'd be pretty excited etc etc.

So whatever she is doing she is obviously distracted, she texted me telling me she was, but I mean, I just find it odd (get a funny feeling), I'm not going to text back for The rest of the evening. I just find it strange she isn't on Facebook either. She is very much a social media butterfly, always on Facebook, Twitter etc. if she is on Skype it shows that evidently she does have a connection.

She can talk to other people that's fine. As long as I know it's platonic and nothing more. Obviously I have no 100% certainty of this...which is probably my issue.

Admittedly if something were to be going on then id be pretty annoyed, since I would be the fool that paid for the hotel for her.
The reason I feel a little sort of confused is because she seems to be taking absolutely ages to respond, normally we text fairly rapidly (given the conversation were having- sexting), normally she'd be pretty excited etc etc.

So whatever she is doing she is obviously distracted, she texted me telling me she was, but I mean, I just find it odd (get a funny feeling), I'm not going to text back for The rest of the evening. I just find it strange she isn't on Facebook either. She is very much a social media butterfly, always on Facebook, Twitter etc. if she is on Skype it shows that evidently she does have a connection.

She can talk to other people that's fine. As long as I know it's platonic and nothing more. Obviously I have no 100% certainty of this...which is probably my issue.

Admittedly if something were to be going on then id be pretty annoyed, since I would be the fool that paid for the hotel for her.

I can see where you're coming from and understand your concern, but maybe she's simply just tired? why don't you try texting her tomorrow? good luck, :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by littleangel9914
I think your being obsessive paranoid if she has done nothing to make you suspect anything and I mean something a little more concrete than not being on Facebook while on Skype than just let it go. If my boyfriend confronted me on something as trivial as this or tried to accuse me of something honestly I'd be a bit weirded out as it seems like very jealous/controlling behaviour like I'm not "allowed" to talk to other people.

She always talks about some guy that lives in the place she's staying. He knows her from our uni. She talks about him, telling me he's like "a brother" to her, always talks light heartedly about him.

She even told me that, after having found out she was unable to find a place to stay, that she asked him if she could stop at his house. But she later told me he was busy so she couldn't. When she told me I never reacted, I just simply suggested I would pay for a hotel.

I dunno, I am uncomfortable about this guy being so close by to her. I know he I away for sometime for a few days (so she tells me) but I can't help but think she is Skyping him or messaged or with him. I have no way of really knowing .
Is it possible she left her computer at home logged on to skype? I know that my partner is apparently ALWAYS online on skype even when he's at home on the sofa next to me, having left his work computer on.
Reply 9
Original post by happysmile
I can see where you're coming from and understand your concern, but maybe she's simply just tired? why don't you try texting her tomorrow? good luck, :smile:

Perhaps it is this. That she is tired. It's hard not really knowing. She will most likely reply tomorrow...but it's just a mix of my trust issues and also my slight inclination that she is taking to some guy who lives in the area.

She talks fondly of him, and talks of him showing her around the area, and of her stopping over at his (though he is away so she can't), but also, I forked out for her hotel. So it wasn't necessary.
Original post by Musie Suzie
Is it possible she left her computer at home logged on to skype? I know that my partner is apparently ALWAYS online on skype even when he's at home on the sofa next to me, having left his work computer on.

Yes that did cross my mind...who knows...
Yes that did cross my mind...who knows...

Why not just send her a message/try to call her on skype and see if she replies/answers?
Perhaps it is this. That she is tired. It's hard not really knowing. She will most likely reply tomorrow...but it's just a mix of my trust issues and also my slight inclination that she is taking to some guy who lives in the area.

She talks fondly of him, and talks of him showing her around the area, and of her stopping over at his (though he is away so she can't), but also, I forked out for her hotel. So it wasn't necessary.

I guess I understand why you're worried - well, good luck. :smile:
....basically my girlfriend has just travelled a few hours away to a volunteering job...she is alone (as far as I'm awake) since the accommodation she was to stay at was cancelled...therefore I felt obliged to help her out, since her parents weren't in a position too. I paid for her to stay in a hotel for three days since I didn't want to see her on her own.

Now, she hadn't been on Facebook all day, as I assume she is sat in her room chilling or something, not sure if she'll have wifi there. But I login to Skype and see she is online. We haven't texted for a few hours..but the last text was an hour ago and she was talking dirty to me. She made some reason as to why she isn't replying quick, saying she's distracted.

I seem to assume this is because she is on Skype, potentially Skyping someone else.
I'm not sure whether to let this drop, or be bothered by this.

I just don't know who she would be chatting too on Skype or if she's out because she has little money. I just recently today arranged for her hotel, so this isn't something she pre-planned

She is secretly a web cam girl

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, just send a message on skype to see if she replies back?

Has it occurred to you she might be Skyping family?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't think you have anything to be paranoid of. Right now I'm on Skype and not on Facebook, it's just easier to have one open because then you don't have lots of people talking to you at once - and you can concentrate on a couple of conversations. I doubt she is hiding anything from you, but just go online yourself and just start talking to her and see what she says
I think it may be quite likely she has just left herself logged into Skype...since she is on Facebook on her mobile, and hasn't responded to any texts. I think she may well be asleep. I'll see tomorrow when she replies.
Sometimes skype keeps people signed in no matter what btw. It shows me as online 100% of the time, even if i'm not signed in on my laptop or ipod, I have no idea why but it just does so hell she mightn't even be on skype. Why not ring her and see?
I think it may be quite likely she has just left herself logged into Skype...since she is on Facebook on her mobile, and hasn't responded to any texts. I think she may well be asleep. I'll see tomorrow when she replies.

I thought I was a paranoid boyfriend, but come on, give her some room!

Quick Reply

Latest