The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Is University of Liverpool good for mechanical engineering??

Hi..

I wanted to know whether University of Liverpool is good for Mechanical Engineering or not??
Are the tutors kind and excellent in teaching Mechanical Engineering??
If not, Plzz suggest me with any good universities
Original post by salmanups
Hi..

I wanted to know whether University of Liverpool is good for Mechanical Engineering or not??

Hey, I've moved this to the University of Liverpool section for you :smile:
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
Original post by Changing Skies
Hey, I've moved this to the University of Liverpool section for you :smile:

thank u very much..:smile::smile:..

And one more thing.. I m a muslim, and i jst wanted to know whether they allow for all friday prayer?? And are there many muslim students studying??
Hi..

I just finished first year Aerospace at UoL and its pretty good for Engineering, good opportunity for mechanicals to do Formula Student. Majority of lecturers are really good, obviously a couple of **** ones.
But I'd definitely recommend it! The cities amazing (y)
Reply 4
Hi..

I've just finished my 2nd year of Mech. Eng. at Liverpool.

As has been said above there are some really good staff but also some at the opposite end of the spectrum. You will be assigned a tutor (around 6 students per tutor, per year). in 1st year and have a regular timetabled slot with them for the whole of semester 1 (this is removed from semester 2 onwards). The onus really is on you to see them if you want/need help/guidance - they will not force you.

I'll happily try and answer any questions you might have about the rest of the course.
Reply 5
Original post by WhiteWash
I've just finished my 2nd year of Mech. Eng. at Liverpool.

As has been said above there are some really good staff but also some at the opposite end of the spectrum. You will be assigned a tutor (around 6 students per tutor, per year). in 1st year and have a regular timetabled slot with them for the whole of semester 1 (this is removed from semester 2 onwards). The onus really is on you to see them if you want/need help/guidance - they will not force you.

I'll happily try and answer any questions you might have about the rest of the course.

Thank u very much for your kind reply's.. Actually i m frm india and here majority of teachings will be on lectures only..
Will it be easy for me to study a course in uk or i will struggle to pass??
Reply 6
Thank u very much for your kind reply's.. Actually i m frm india and here majority of teachings will be on lectures only..
Will it be easy for me to study a course in uk or i will struggle to pass??

Oh don't you worry - it's majority lectures here as well. Around 250 people per lecture during first year. The tutorial slots I mentioned account for around 30 minutes per week.
Reply 7
Original post by WhiteWash
Oh don't you worry - it's majority lectures here as well. Around 250 people per lecture during first year. The tutorial slots I mentioned account for around 30 minutes per week.

hey i've sent you a private msg.. could u reply me there??
Reply 8
Hi , I can see you studied at Liverpool a couple of years ago. My son is on this course and really struggling, he seems to have lost all confidence could you help
thank u very much..:smile::smile:..

And one more thing.. I m a muslim, and i jst wanted to know whether they allow for all friday prayer?? And are there many muslim students studying??

allah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending