The Student Room Group

I hate being a black girl.

I live in the uk and you hardly ever see black girls being dated.
Black men go with white girls ( which is cool)
but no other races want black girls. Even the quiet black girls.
In school this guy (hes black) said something that really put me down.
'' Black girls are ALL ugly, i would never date them, white girls are beauties'' .

I WISH I COULD DRAIN ALL THE BLACK BLOOD OUT AND RIP THE BLACK SKIN OFF ME
This is really sad to see, because you should never hate your skin colour or who you are.
You said your school, so perhaps it's your area? There are millions of people out there with different beliefs to that boy and to black girls, so the best advice I can give is maybe to wait it out, and then find a new area. Not everyone thinks like that.
Stay strong, you're beautiful :smile:
Such self-hatred.
Honestly OP, it's sad to see somebody who hates themselves so much simply because they haven't dated anybody yet.
Start to see the positive in yourself and your appearance, rather than the negatives. A while back, I did think like you did. I was ashamed to be black and thought of myself as 'undateable'. What I found helped was just taking time to work on myself and focusing on me and my education. I started to spend more time on deciding what I would wear, insteading of chucking anything random on. Now I actually like how I look and I'm a lot more confident about myself.
I definitely think you'd benefit from this OP. Take a step back and start working on yourself before worrying about your relationship situation. I hope that helped :smile:
Can't be as bad as me...

Pale white
Near black hair
Skinny as ****...

Only redeeming feature I have is green eyes because hardly anyone has green eyes...
Either blue or brown.
Aww OP love yourself the way you are:wink:
Reply 5
Stop focusing on your skin colour and what you look like in general. You can't control those things, so why even bother to worry? You have so much more to offer than what you look like anyway.
There is nothing unattractive about being black in itself. Plenty of attractive black people.

Don't base your happiness off what you heard some moron say. Do you think that's sensible?

The best thing you can do apart from the obvious is to differentiate yourself as much as possible. Black people in my previous area, along with other ethnic minorities, have a habit of sticking to their groups, often which are collectively loud and boisterous. If you start being more aware of this and how you invest your time and resources then you should have a much better chance of finding dates. Try and break away from these social norms and try and discover who you really are as a person.

Obviously this is very presumptive, with a good chance of being wrong, but it's an accurate observation from my previous area (which had a significant black community).
(edited 9 years ago)
I used to hate being Pakistani because I felt like I was missing out in all the fun that my white friends had. But then I began to like myself and realised that it isn't the colour of my skin that's the problem, its my perception that's wrong. People shouldn't hate the race they are and in fact should be proud of it. It is easier said than done, but in time once you begin to gain more self confidence and grow older, you realise that you had nothing to worry about in the first place.
Original post by Blackgirlneedhel
I live in the uk and you hardly ever see black girls being dated.
Black men go with white girls ( which is cool)
but no other races want black girls. Even the quiet black girls.
In school this guy (hes black) said something that really put me down.
'' Black girls are ALL ugly, i would never date them, white girls are beauties'' .

I WISH I COULD DRAIN ALL THE BLACK BLOOD OUT AND RIP THE BLACK SKIN OFF ME

Either you are trolling (wouldn't see the point of but hey some people are ****ed up) or you live in a seemingly closed off area. Unfortunately its all the media that has changed peoples view on what is beautiful. So it's down to peoples preferred type everyone has a preferred type of person they want to be with (Those who say you should look at the person underneath and not what race/religion etc they are, are lying) Everyone has a type it's simple as that. Now don't get me wrong everyone has a preferred type but only a racist would only go for 1 type of person.

Easiest way to find this out is to ask someone to name a list of say 5 beautiful people (non superstar celebrities) they would like to date chances are they are all generally the same type. But however this is not the main problem me for example I would say my 'ideal/perfect' woman (physically) would probably not be black (or from the UK for that matter) but that's stupid its just a made up image in your head. Reading that I will get hate for being 'racist' and 'all women are beautiful' bull****. Down to pure physical attraction its a personal thing.

Now this is to say I am not racist nor a bigot. If I met a nice girl and I was attracted to her I would date her regardless of race/religion/culture.

Let's take religion for an example. I would prefer not to date anyone who is strongly religious. I'm not gonna convert, I aint gonna go to chruch or get my child baptaised/christened whatever, I am not gonna grow a beard and pray 3 times a day, I am going to drink alcohol and hell yea i'm going to eat bacon. So being with someone like that would present a problem for us, but if I loved the girl then hell yea i'd try my best to make it work.

To sum up on my rant - People do have preferred types or perceptions of beauty, but none of that matters because of all the people in the world everyone likes something and there is definitely somebody for everyone if they let them.

And now to play me out

The Beatles - All you need is love.

Inc - Racist,feminist,bigot,sectarian,bull**** hate. :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending