The Student Room Group

I'm a moody guy...

Yea. I'm a moody guy. But i always try to be happy when i meet people. Its just that i don't have enough control over my emotions. Its not like i rage at people. I never hit anyone or call people names when i'm angry or when i'm feeling down. I just go silent and emotions ebb, rise and rustle inside of me. And that pretty much shows in my face and i give off a very aggressive vibe (siblings told me). I have learn't to accept myself for who i am.

Actually, in my university, there's this girl who steals glances at me. People usually don't talk to me at uni and i have very few acquaintances. So, a lot of my classmates sometimes just stare at me expressionless, because i always walk ALONE in class or in an exam hall. I know because i've seen this happen. But this girl has been stealing glances at me whenever she sees me. But i'm 100% sure a girl would never want a relationship with me.

My question is...

Would a girl stay with me? I mean, would a girl ever think of having a relationship with a guy like me? Will i be able to sustain a relationship with a girl? :frown:

P.S: I'm not trying to pity myself. I'll take any answer you give me as an advice. But please don't troll. Not today.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Yes, it's possible. I know someone like that and he's been in a relationship for over two years. He's a complete social leper and he does despise most people.
Reply 2
Original post by Mystery Me
Yea. I'm a moody guy. But i always try to be happy when i meet people. Its just that i don't have enough control over my emotions. Its not like i rage at people. I never hit anyone or call people names when i'm angry or when i'm feeling down. I just go silent and emotions ebb, rise and rustle inside of me. And that pretty much shows in my face and i give off a very aggressive vibe (siblings told me). I have learn't to accept myself for who i am.

Actually, in my university, there's this girl who steals glances at me. People usually don't talk to me at uni and i have very few acquaintances. So, a lot of my classmates sometimes just stare at me expressionless, because i always walk ALONE in class or in an exam hall. I know because i've seen this happen. But this girl has been stealing glances at me whenever she sees me. But i'm 100% sure a girl would never want a relationship with me.

My questions is...

Would a girl stay with me? I mean, would a girl ever think of having a relationship with a guy like me? Will i be able to sustain a relationship with a girl? :frown:

P.S: I'm not trying to pity myself. I'll take any answer you give me as an advice. But please don't troll. Not today.

No reason why not. As long as you aren't... Violent or anything and can at least be a little happy around her (and her parents :s-smilie:) you should be fine
Reply 3
I think you should stay optimistic :smile: who knows? Maybe she can bring the light in you? That sounds corny, I know. But I know a lot of people who have changed their partners for better and made them a better person, vice versa. Regardless of you spending time alone, I think it wouldn't be too bad if you spoke to her :smile: just see what her intentions are, if she wants to be a friend or what? If she does, she'll probably carry on from there and pick up on the conversations and stuff. Maybe she thinks that you won't be interested in her, so she doesn't try talking to you. Try talk to her and see what happens :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by AdamCee
No reason why not. As long as you aren't... Violent or anything and can at least be a little happy around her (and her parents :s-smilie:) you should be fine

Haha. Nah, i don't hurt people. I just go silent.

Original post by Genocidal
Yes, it's possible. I know someone like that and he's been in a relationship for over two years. He's a complete social leper and he does despise most people.

Social leper? Yea, you've used the right term. I think people just shun me and ignore me since i'm not really that interesting. But it doesn't matter, since life is full of surprises :biggrin:

I might occasionally hold a grudge against people for hurting me, but it goes away as easily as it comes. I don't despise people.
Reply 5
I knew someone who was on the dole, stayed in a damp basement and spent 18 hours a day on WoW. He had a girlfriend, I'm sure you'll get one. Sometimes girls like the moody look you know.
Do you think this has something to do with hormones? I'm just wondering as I am 24 years old and a male, yet I have mood swings akin to a teenage girl. It would be cool if there were a way to fiddle around with the hormone levels without it being dangerous.
There's nothing wrong with that, like you said you've accepted yourself for who you are. So any girl thats worth and see that will too! :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by SHINeexo
I think you should stay optimistic :smile: who knows? Maybe she can bring the light in you? That sounds corny, I know. But I know a lot of people who have changed their partners for better and made them a better person, vice versa. Regardless of you spending time alone, I think it wouldn't be too bad if you spoke to her :smile: just see what her intentions are, if she wants to be a friend or what? If she does, she'll probably carry on from there and pick up on the conversations and stuff. Maybe she thinks that you won't be interested in her, so she doesn't try talking to you. Try talk to her and see what happens :smile:

Of coarse, i'll definitely stay optimistic. I'm moody but a very strong guy on the inside :smile:. Well, i don't know about that... It might look good in a movie but life is... strange, Lol. She has a lot of friends. And i've seen her talk to lot of guys and she's friends with every one of them. She's very attractive as well, so i doubt she would think, i wouldn't be interested in her. Its me who thinks an attractive girl like must be in a relationship already :ashamed2: . But that's just life, i guess.

Original post by Autistic Merit
Do you think this has something to do with hormones? I'm just wondering as I am 24 years old and a male, yet I have mood swings akin to a teenage girl. It would be cool if there were a way to fiddle around with the hormone levels without it being dangerous.

I don't know. When i was in school, i had some friends. And they would laugh at my jokes. I was never alone there. But uni has not been a good experience for me, that much i can say.
Personally I wouldn't have the patience for someone like that. I'd much rather someone talk to me and explain their feelings than go silent on me. However, that's not to say other people wouldn't be happy in a relationship like that. While you know what you are like, you have to remember that a relationship does not mean your partner will instantly understand and know everything about you. You need to explain that you are like that, it's just how you are and it's nothing against them. Otherwise your next thread will be "my girlfriend keeps getting upset with me just because I'm quiet"
Of coarse, i'll definitely stay optimistic. I'm moody but a very strong guy on the inside :smile:. Well, i don't know about that... It might look good in a movie but life is... strange, Lol. She has a lot of friends. And i've seen her talk to lot of guys and she's friends with every one of them. She's very attractive as well, so i doubt she would think, i wouldn't be interested in her. Its me who thinks an attractive girl like must be in a relationship already :ashamed2: . But that's just life, i guess.

It doesn't matter :smile: it's cliche but even the most attractive girl has her own taste lol, she might like you, she might not. If you get an opportunity to speak to her, I think you should :smile: just see what she's like, if she is completely the opposite of what you thought of her (in a bad way) then don't speak to her again, but if she's nice then learn to accept her and let her in :smile: also, that way maybe you can learn to interact with her friends, and come out of your shell. :smile: you'll find yourself a lot happier, in my opinion and from experiences :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by sliceofcake
Personally I wouldn't have the patience for someone like that. I'd much rather someone talk to me and explain their feelings than go silent on me. However, that's not to say other people wouldn't be happy in a relationship like that. While you know what you are like, you have to remember that a relationship does not mean your partner will instantly understand and know everything about you. You need to explain that you are like that, it's just how you are and it's nothing against them. Otherwise your next thread will be "my girlfriend keeps getting upset with me just because I'm quiet"

I talk a lot, but i would never talk about my feelings to people so easily. Who does? That's something intimate and i can only talk about it with someone who is close to me.

I am very well aware of the fact that we human's do not communicate psychically. And relationships takes time to build up.

Observing the two bolded statements above, you say you don't have the patience for someone like that, yet you immediately make a statement saying "relationship does not mean your partner will instantly understand and know everything about you". It seems like you're contradicting yourself.

Next thread? Well, you don't have to reply to my next thread if you're so annoyed. Thank you for your answers anyways. Kudos.
Go for a coffee with the girl who is peeking at you. You will feel much happier.
Reply 13
Haha. Nah, i don't hurt people. I just go silent.

Social leper? Yea, you've used the right term. I think people just shun me and ignore me since i'm not really that interesting. But it doesn't matter, since life is full of surprises :biggrin:

I might occasionally hold a grudge against people for hurting me, but it goes away as easily as it comes. I don't despise people.

My complicated friend does this too sometimes when I piss him off on the phone. Or if he's upset.
I always manage to get it out of him though. By just saying
"tell me, tell me, tell me.. You're wasting time just tell me"
Yeah so eventually I'd just annoy him into telling me.
But there's a certain tone he uses so I know when to drop it.

I personally like moody guys. They're a good challenge :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by SHINeexo

It doesn't matter :smile: it's cliche but even the most attractive girl has her own taste lol, she might like you, she might not. If you get an opportunity to speak to her, I think you should :smile: just see what she's like, if she is completely the opposite of what you thought of her (in a bad way) then don't speak to her again, but if she's nice then learn to accept her and let her in :smile: also, that way maybe you can learn to interact with her friends, and come out of your shell. :smile: you'll find yourself a lot happier, in my opinion and from experiences :smile:

Lol, thanks ^^ I'll try.

Original post by Old_Simon
Go for a coffee with the girl who is peeking at you. You will feel much happier.

Thanks for your reply. I'll try.
Lots of girls get massively taken in by snowflakes guys who give the "I am so moody, I hate the world around me" schtick. Just make sure you are well dressed and give off that part of the aware, elite vibe and it will probably work in your favour.
Reply 16
Original post by yo radical one
Lots of girls get massively taken in by snowflakes guys who give the "I am so moody, I hate the world around me" schtick. Just make sure you are well dressed and give off that part of the aware, elite vibe and it will probably work in your favour.

Snowflakes? LOL!!! :happy2: Alright, mate. Thanks.
Haha you sound like a guy whose just come out of a book. Go up to a girl who reads paranormal fiction and I'm sure she'll fall in love haha I know I would xD
Original post by yo radical one

yeh great advice this will totally work, especially as you don't have the courage to talk to anyone so they'll immediately clock those moody 'vibes' and be into it
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by rugbyladosc
yeh great advice this will totally work, especially as you don't have the courage to talk to anyone so they'll immediately clock those moody 'vibes' and be into it

I was giving him legitimate advice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending