The Student Room Group

British gas medical?????

Does anyone know what the medical for British gas/centrica incurs ?
I was close to getting an apprenticeship with BG but was unsuccessful a few months back. I had stopped smoking weed prior to this incase of a drug test. However after I was unsuccessful I began to smoke again.
Last week I had a phone call offering me the position and I start in august now. The problem is they said in an email a medical will be required. Is this just a physical fitness thing or perhaps a test for drugs?? I have stopped smoking however I believe it can take up to 8 weeks for weed to leave your system.
If anyone is an employee of BG or knows some one who can advise me on this I would he most grateful

O yeah it's an engineering apprenticeship. Thanks
Original post by Yasmar10
Does anyone know what the medical for British gas/centrica incurs ?
I was close to getting an apprenticeship with BG but was unsuccessful a few months back. I had stopped smoking weed prior to this incase of a drug test. However after I was unsuccessful I began to smoke again.
Last week I had a phone call offering me the position and I start in august now. The problem is they said in an email a medical will be required. Is this just a physical fitness thing or perhaps a test for drugs?? I have stopped smoking however I believe it can take up to 8 weeks for weed to leave your system.
If anyone is an employee of BG or knows some one who can advise me on this I would he most grateful

O yeah it's an engineering apprenticeship. Thanks

Might include drug test, can't say for sure. Drink loads of cranberry juice. Also, if your drug use does come up or get brought up, have an excuse ready. You said you've stopped a while back? Maybe say you were silly and at a house party or something where people were smoking weed. You didn't join in with them, but you inhaled some second hand smoke. Say how much of a mistake it was and hopefully they are lenient.
Reply 2
Thanks for the advise i was un aware cranberry juice was useful lol yeah my brother said that about second hand smoke. Hopefully after 4 weeks of working out and now drinking some cranberry juice I will be drug free. But it's a constant worry : (
Reply 3
DId you manage to find out if they did a drug test ?
I am in the same position as you , i start in about a month
Reply 4
They normally check your pipes.
Reply 5
Did any of you or has anyone else had a drug test ?or do they even do it?thanks
Reply 6
Original post by Oreoegg
Did any of you or has anyone else had a drug test ?or do they even do it?thanks

Most companies reserve the right to request one.
Reply 7
Thanks.
Reply 8
Has anyone actually had a drug test from British Gas themselves ?
Was there ever a definitive answer to this question?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending