The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Keele Applicants 2014/2015

Hey,
I'll be studying Biomedical Science at Keele in September.
Was just wondering is anyone else going Keele? If so, what course? :smile:
Also, what accommodation have you chosen?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Hiya :smile:
I'll hopefully be going to Keele this September to study medicinal chemistry major with human biology.

Accommodation I chose was
Shared premier flat
Shared flat
Standard room with washbasin band b

How bout you? You looking forward to going to keele ? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 2
Omg finally someone going Keele! Yay! Haha
Yes, I'm really nervous though!
Ohh, I chose shared flat at first but changed my accommodation application :frown:
I've chosen a room with a washbasin, due to financial circumstances, I just think I'll struggle badly lol
That's cool :biggrin: will you be in the science building then? Also did you attend the open days? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by SHINeexo
Omg finally someone going Keele! Yay! Haha
Yes, I'm really nervous though!
Ohh, I chose shared flat at first but changed my accommodation application :frown:
I've chosen a room with a washbasin, due to financial circumstances, I just think I'll struggle badly lol
That's cool :biggrin: will you be in the science building then? Also did you attend the open days? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha :wink:
Oh you can change your application? Didn't realise that. Cool, yea its gonna be a pain to budget. Yup defo will be :wink: good to see a fellow scientist lol. I attended one in August last year and loved it. How bout you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Ismira
Haha :wink:
Oh you can change your application? Didn't realise that. Cool, yea its gonna be a pain to budget. Yup defo will be :wink: good to see a fellow scientist lol. I attended one in August last year and loved it. How bout you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, erm you could change it before but not sure anymore because the deadline for accommodations gone? Oh cool that's good :biggrin: yeah I loved it too! But I didn't get a chance to check out the accommodation so I'm a bit worried about that. Did you look at the accommodations? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Yeah, erm you could change it before but not sure anymore because the deadline for accommodations gone? Oh cool that's good :biggrin: yeah I loved it too! But I didn't get a chance to check out the accommodation so I'm a bit worried about that. Did you look at the accommodations? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah ok
Yea I saw Barnes which was ook it was without the washbasin etc. It was alright tho small. But guess they all will be. Seemed a lil worse for wear tho. Then saw I think the holly whatever one and they were the most expensive with ensuite etc. And the bigger bed. They were really nice tho. Tho I think super expensive. The barnes was ok just think the block we saw wasn't that great.

(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah ok
Yea I saw Barnes which was ook it was without the washbasin etc. It was alright tho small. But guess they all will be. Seemed a lil worse for wear tho. Then saw I think the holly whatever one and they were the most expensive with ensuite etc. And the bigger bed. They were really nice tho. Tho I think super expensive. The barnes was ok just think the block we saw wasn't that great.

[SIZE="1"]

Ohh okay, haha, I hope it's not too bad then! Btw do you know when we pay our deposit? I hope Keele is really as great as it was on Open day :smile: I really want accommodation by Holy cross, my friend had an ensuite there and she loved it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
[QUOTE="SHINeexo;48458154"]Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah ok

Ohh okay, haha, I hope it's not too bad then! Btw do you know when we pay our deposit? I hope Keele is really as great as it was on Open day :smile: I really want accommodation by Holy cross, my friend had an ensuite there and she loved it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you have to pay the deposit before the 31st of august unless you receive offer after that date in which case its some later date before you move in.
Me too :smile: I can't wait to start, fingers crossed. Oh nice, would be nice to get accommodation there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Ooh okay, that's not so bad then :smile:
Have you made any friends there yet? Ahah I think it'll be more exciting when we find out where our accommodation is located :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Ooh okay, that's not so bad then :smile:
Have you made any friends there yet? Ahah I think it'll be more exciting when we find out where our accommodation is located :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, I havent. Don't think anyone from the year above at my school went to Keele. Yea definitely :biggrin: do you have a conditional offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Ismira
No, I havent. Don't think anyone from the year above at my school went to Keele. Yea definitely :biggrin: do you have a conditional offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh okay :smile:
Aw, I'm sure you'll make plenty when you go anyway :wink:
Yes, my offer is conditional. Is yours? Or is yours unconditional? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Oh okay :smile:
Aw, I'm sure you'll make plenty when you go anyway :wink:
Yes, my offer is conditional. Is yours? Or is yours unconditional? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hehe I hope so :wink: cool, mine is too. :smile:
What are you looking forward too most at Keele?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by Ismira
Hehe I hope so :wink: cool, mine is too. :smile:
What are you looking forward too most at Keele?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats such a tough question! Haha. I think I'm most excited about the Keele walk :biggrin: I'd love to be able to go for runs and stuff, because I haven't done that for so long! Lol I sound like a physique freak but seriously! Lol what about you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Thats such a tough question! Haha. I think I'm most excited about the Keele walk :biggrin: I'd love to be able to go for runs and stuff, because I haven't done that for so long! Lol I sound like a physique freak but seriously! Lol what about you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hehe, sounds nice :smile: defo lookin forward to the walks since I've heard they're really pretty :smile: I'm prolly looking forward to joining the sports most to be honest lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
When do you get your burseries and grants etc do we get that before you pay your deposit
Reply 15
Original post by Aneesah_May
When do you get your burseries and grants etc do we get that before you pay your deposit

They will contact us about bursaries/scholarships if you have obtained the required grades. I'm not sure whether we get the bursaries before we pay deposits, but we definitely get our grants after paying deposit. I think paying deposit would be around end of August/start of September. We get the first grant (they are divided into 3 instalments) around the 29th of September, and the tuition fees will be paid to the University in 3 instalments. The first instalment will be paid by the first 2 weeks of October :smile: I hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile
They will contact us about bursaries/scholarships if you have obtained the required grades. I'm not sure whether we get the bursaries before we pay deposits, but we definitely get our grants after paying deposit. I think paying deposit would be around end of August/start of September. We get the first grant (they are divided into 3 instalments) around the 29th of September, and the tuition fees will be paid to the University in 3 instalments. The first instalment will be paid by the first 2 weeks of October :smile: I hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok thank you im still in first year of college though but was just wondering how i would pay for the deposit. Does keele look good from inside as I am considering applying there
Reply 17
Original post by Aneesah_May
Ok thank you im still in first year of college though but was just wondering how i would pay for the deposit. Does keele look good from inside as I am considering applying there

Oh okay, I see :smile: You still have time then! Yes, Keele is quite beautiful and very peaceful. I haven't started yet, so I can't tell you about Keele life, but I'm sure it'll be just great!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest