The Student Room Group

Told a friend I like her.....

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Clip
I'm not a Clinical Psychologist or anything, but I know crazy talk when I see it. And that, madam...is crazy talk.

Annoying how she tried getting personal on me, by trying to bring my sex life into the equation.

Anyway - won't derail the thread.

OP - listen to Clip, if not me, she knows what she is talking about. Don't be a mug.
Reply 141
Original post by fat_hobbit
Annoying how she tried getting personal on me, by trying to bring my sex life into the equation.

Anyway - won't derail the thread.

OP - listen to Clip, if not me, she knows what she is talking about. Don't be a mug.

I'm secure about these things, but *she*?
Original post by Clip
I'm secure about these things, but *she*?

lol, you are not a girl?

Sorry dude, must have been the signature.
Original post by VeniViciVidi
I heard a very compelling argument that if you want advice on how to get girls, do not listen to girls.

Yup. Spot on here.

Original post by fat_hobbit
lol

What talking about my ex gf??? - btw I didnt do this longwinded friends game to get her, Attraction was there.

BTW, i am not the only one on here who voiced a similar opinion. Clip has as well and she is a girl.

You are giving this man terrible advice when he has overly emotionally invested in her. You cant be friends with someone you are really into, so dont even try it.

I don't see the point of playing these games.

Honestly I think these games are just people's way of being shy and being scared to make a move. Or if they're unsure about the guy. Is it really that hard ffs?
Original post by jam278
Yup. Spot on here.

I don't see the point of playing these games.

Honestly I think these games are just people's way of being shy and being scared to make a move. Or if they're unsure about the guy. Is it really that hard ffs?

Not all women play games. The one's that don't are the ones I generally get along with.

But every now and again, you get the ones that do.
They do it, because they like the attention and the idea of having that guy being into them, even if they have no attention in sleeping with them. It's a quick and cheap ego boost.

One of my mates, who is a girl, she basically does something similar. She goes out with guys, despite knowing they are into them and uses them for a free meal (the date). She admitted doing this.

Bit mental and sick really.
Reply 145
Original post by Anonymous
Weird thing is it kind of just happened I didn't go looking for this.....despite all the flirting we do.

Some girls are just cock tease bro, move on.
Not all women play games. The one's that don't are the ones I generally get along with.

They do it, because they like the attention and the idea of having that guy being into them, even if they have no attention in sleeping with them. It's a quick and cheap ego boost.

One of my mates, who is a girl, she basically does something similar. She goes out with guys, despite knowing they are into them and uses them for a free meal (the date). She admitted doing this.

To add the, the one's who play games are REALLY EASY to spot.

They are the ones who constantly go hot and cold and flake on you.

With all this said - in the end, this is less likely to happen to a guy , if there is attraction at the start. It's when you like someone more then you like them, that's when you are ****ed. Hope it works out for the OP, but I suspect that she is going to screw him over.

Yeah playing games is generally an ego boost. But I also think it's down to shyness and unconfidence. The reason why somebody needs validation is mainly down to not being fully confident in themselves. Narcissists who constantly want to be validated are like that because they don't fully have confidence in themselves, so use the narcissism as a defence mechanism.

"The people highest up have the lowest esteem" Kanye West knows the score.

Using them for a free meal takes the piss personally.
Why is it weird?

If a girl told me she liked me through a text, I would be flattered.

Maybe, you girls are a bit weird?

Nope. I'm not fond of those kind of conversations via text. But I'm not fond of those conversations full stop.
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
Nope. I'm not fond of those kind of conversations via text. But I'm not fond of those conversations full stop.

Can't win with you lot can we?
Original post by jam278
Can't win with you lot can we?

A lot of girls aren't like that, I just don't want to date, even with guys I do like.
I got a snapchat of her desert late last night, a bowl of ice cream. What the hell?

Sounds like she's just going to pretend it never happened. I'd just cut your losses personally, dick move from her.

Interested to see today's update though.
its fine, i got a txt and everything is ok. Wouldve been better in a perfect world, but we'll see.

Atleast its over and I can move on with my life.

Can everyone please stop arguing btw, everyone is different.
maybe she's just nervous?

Everyone is telling you "not to play games" but they are also telling you to "act nonchalant". Yeah that's not playing games.
its fine, i got a txt and everything is ok. Wouldve been better in a perfect world, but we'll see.

oh no :frown:

sorry to hear that it's over..

Sorry to hear that.

Thanks for implying that I was an naive idiot Nomes89.

I saw this coming.

OP, back to you - cut her out from your life. She clearly strung you along, played with your feelings and isn't worth it. Next time, do not emotionally invest into a girl until you are dating.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mockery
Trust me, you're not going to accurately read a woman through texts. The 'game' is insensitive, I'm only directing you towards future success.

Mockery is pretty damn right. Next time you want to express to a girl that you like her, don't make a song and dance. Ask her casually to hang out, and show her you like her through your actions. Taking this whole "urgent news" approach really doesn't work, it freaks girls out and makes you seem needy. And remember, rule #1 of dating in the 21st century, texting is a complete head **** and what may seem like an easy to read text could have a whole number of meanings. The lack of facial expressions, tone of voice and body language makes trying to interpret a girls feelings through text near on impossible, you interpret it in the way you wish to interpret it, and from your point of view, you have though she was being flirty, but from her point of view, she might have just been joking. Never base a relationship off of texting, phone a girl dude! She might be weirded out the first time you call her, but one call or so a week really is a good thing.

Don't worry, most of us have done exactly what you've done. I most certainly have! Just learn from it man and don't make the same mistake twice :smile:
Reply 157

Too bad. Cut her out of your life.
Original post by Nomes89
You've completely missed my point.

And please do not pretend you are successful with women because I've seen your threads - you aren't. So you're not in any place to give advice to a guy who wants to be successful. Sorry to be harsh.

You do not understand women and arguing with someone who knows women better than you do shows your naivety and incidentally precisely why you don't do well. You assume you know best, you won't listen and you're not perceptive.

If you want a healthy relationship with a stable woman, playing these games will not work. Only insecure, immature women will seek approval from a man that has ignored them. And that attention will be short lived.

If a man ignores a female friend after he's been rejected many women will think he was only ever interested in getting in her pants and didn't value the friendship so will see the guy as a bullet well dodged.

Why would anyone that has been rejected by someone they like male or female, want to remain in the same vicinity as them for the foreseeable future? That is akin to mental masturbation.

Maybe I'm not understanding something but if someone rejects me, I move on - what am I staying in contact with them for? :s-smilie:

Do people think you can simply just become friends the second you get rejected? It doesn't work that way, you need time - alone.. to reflect, but most importantly to work on yourself, and keep yourself busy until the feelings wane.

During the latter stages of this process, you will instantly know whether or not you want to remain friends with them.

I've been rejected several times, but it's really not as bad as people make out. I've also decided to remain friends with two of the girls, one of which has become my best female friend to date.

Also its not game-playing to cut contact with someone that rejected you, it's actually very healthy for your mental health and your relationships.
Original post by Advanced Subsidiary
Why would anyone that has been rejected by someone they like male or female, want to remain in the same vicinity as them for the foreseeable future? That is akin to mental masturbation.

Maybe I'm not understanding something but if someone rejects me, I move on - what am I staying in contact with them for? :s-smilie:

Do people think you can simply just become friends the second you get rejected? It doesn't work that way, you need time - alone.. to reflect, but most importantly to work on yourself, and keep yourself busy until the feelings wane.

During the latter stages of this process, you will instantly know whether or not you want to remain friends with them.

I've been rejected several times, but it's really not as bad as people make out. I've also decided to remain friends with two of the girls, one of which has become my best female friend to date.

Also its not game-playing to cut contact with someone that rejected you, it's actually very healthy for your mental health and your relationships.

Because when someone has not emotionally invested heavily into the other person, they think they can still be friends.

So in this case, he is more into her then she is into him - and I think at one point he wrote that she had a BF, so being 'just friends' is not a big deal for her, given that to top it off the girl who rejected the OP knows she can get him "any time" she wants.

It's the same deal when you break up with someone.

The dumper always finds it easier to be friends with the dumpee for a reason, because a) they wanted to end the relationship and b) if they can see that the dumpee is still v into them, she feel as though they can get that person back whenever they want.

Power , ego thing in the end.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending