The Student Room Group

Pharmacy or chemistry or ?

I have been wanting to do pharmacy for years but after extensive research the job market is poor, and i am being regularly reminded about it. All of my work experience is pharmacy and healthcare orientated so if i changed to chemistry or a science degree now wouldnt my chances of getting in be poor too? i'm not sure what to do.. Any help would be great. I'm applying for university to start the course in 2015
Original post by Anon12345678
I have been wanting to do pharmacy for years but after extensive research the job market is poor, and i am being regularly reminded about it. All of my work experience is pharmacy and healthcare orientated so if i changed to chemistry or a science degree now wouldnt my chances of getting in be poor too? i'm not sure what to do.. Any help would be great. I'm applying for university to start the course in 2015

Would you rather do something you love and face a difficult job market, or cope with a course you really don't like very much just for the purpose of getting a better job? Your passion for the subject is the most important thing when it comes to degrees. The job prospects are irrelevant if you regret not taking pharmacology every day and hate your course and the jobs attached.

Quick Reply

Latest