The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

:toofunny:
Original post by jam278
Schurrle has done well when he's come on for Germany.
Lukaku beasted it in his last game in the space of a few minutes but then people will use that Giroud game vs Switzerland.
Also Omeruo has had a good tournament.
Although yeah, our players are having **** world cups too.

Hazard will do the ting today though don't watch.

Schurrle and Ozil refusing to shoot and instead playing 1-2's about 8 yards from goal was pretty funny though tbh.
Original post by TheEssence
:/:/:/? Nigeria ****?

Tbh the moment mikel set foot in chelsea he was ruined. Converted from a mobile and technically gifted cam to a defensive midfielder under Mourinho, big shame.

Nigeria are a **** international team. I don't see why anybody has to argue about that.

Lol, how can you lose so much pace even if you move to a DM position, Fernandinho has played a variety of positions yet he's still got a lot of pace on him. I reckon he's probably older than he really is, usually you move into deep lying positions when you get older anyway. Also how do you lose so much technical ability just by playing a deeper lying role. Look at Yaya Toure e.g.

Don't see why you're so butthurt. If he was good enough he'd have displaced Essien in the team.
Original post by jam278
Schurrle has done well when he's come on for Germany.
Lukaku beasted it in his last game in the space of a few minutes but then people will use that Giroud game vs Switzerland.
Also Omeruo has had a good tournament.
Although yeah, our players are having **** world cups too.

Hazard will do the ting today though don't watch.
Tbh, I didn't think Cahill had a bad WC, I thought he was the best of our back 4. Courtious isn't having a bad one, and neither is Oscar.
Original post by Fizzel
Tbh, I didn't think Cahill had a bad WC, I thought he was the best of our back 4. Courtious isn't having a bad one, and neither is Oscar.

Cahill did poor in marking Balotelli for that goal in the Italy game. But yeah wasn't a bad WC. Oscar has been anonymous, but because he was playing ahead of Mata he's being compared unfairly.

Not really a team that has had players do well for them in general. Barca have 2 players having great world cups and the rest play for the spain squad.
Ornstein:

"Arsenal still in market for other targets, primarily holding midfielder & back-up goalkeeper, but Sanchez & Debouchy current priorities"

"Arsenal in talks to sign Sanchez & Debouchy. AS complicated by #FCB Suarez move but #AFC confident. MD advanced but no fee agreed #LFC #NUFC"

We're at least in for Sanchez then...
(edited 9 years ago)
Looks promising for Alexis then. Just imagine the scouse meltdown when Sanchez picks Arsenal. ''You sell Suarez, we sign Alexis Sanchez, Alexis Sanchez, Alexis Sanchez'' :coma:

If we get him for £25m then we'll have had done a brilliant piece of business, wonder if Wenger would play him as a striker actually
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
Looks promising for Alexis then. Just imagine the scouse meltdown when Sanchez picks Arsenal. ''You sell Suarez, we sign Alexis Sanchez, Alexis Sanchez, Alexis Sanchez'' :coma:

If we get him for £25m then we'll have had done a brilliant piece of business, wonder if Wenger would play him as a striker actually

Don't jinx it Zurich, this time last year I was saying Higuain is ours look what happened.
Original post by Zürich

What about a 2 striker partnership with Giroud :wink:

Although Giroud has really been abysmal at times this cup
Original post by 419
Getting Debuchy would be weird. Relative no age difference between him and Sagna and he's inferior to Sagna. Sagna is known to the club and has ability to cover at CB.

It suggest that the club is still functioning frugally in terms of wages. Surely overall, Debuchy would cost us more than giving Sagna 120k over 3 years.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not that keen on Debuchy either but he is a pretty decent RB. I think he would suit the team a lot more than Sagna because of his attacking instincts, Sagna tended to stifle our attacks on the right flank by passing back or sideways instead of crossing. The Newcastle fans I know are disappointed at him leaving and they rate him quite highly, if he can do a good job defending in their **** system then he should have little problem in Arsenal's.
Original post by PGtips
I'm not that keen on Debuchy either but he is a pretty decent RB. I think he would suit the team a lot more than Sagna because of his attacking instincts, Sagna tended to stifle our attacks on the right flank by passing back or sideways instead of crossing. The Newcastle fans I know are disappointed at him leaving and they rate him quite highly, if he can do a good job defending in their **** system then he should have little problem in Arsenal's.

I think Sagna had some good crosses last season but what with Giroud being in the box...

dont get me gassed lol
Inb4 Chelsea buy Sanchez
Apparently Liverpool are offering Alexis 150k a week, topping our offer of 135k.

Posted from TSR Mobile
calm
Original post by AR_95
dont get me gassed lol

No need to he's not joining us anyway...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by PGtips

Tbf we should have given Sagna what he wanted instead signing Debuchy. I don't like the idea of sacrificing our defensive stability for the sake of a few good crosses. In Sagna we've lost a player that has already gelled with the team, has more Prem experience and our 4th choice CB. Keeping Sagna would have still allowed Jenks to develop. Given Sagna waht he wantyed would still have been cheaper than Debuchytransfer fee and wages for 3 years

But if Debuchy can provide the same competence in defence Sagna has plus some more attacking thrust I have no complaints. I just have to wait to see him play for Arsenal before making a judgement. It much better to have best defensive record in the league than the attacking record. Proof ?

Dat collapse :coma:
Original post by jam278
Inb4 Chelsea buy Sanchez

I wouldn't even be surprised at this point. Jose man...
Original post by jam278
Inb4 Chelsea buy Sanchez

Possibility. Would be sickening. Proper.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest