The Student Room Group

Owners of The Student Room

Poll

I would like to know more about the TSR leadership.

This is a TSR eating itself thread! Would you like to know more about the owners of the student room. i.e. the people in charge of this website?

Like Facebook everyone knows all about Mark Zuckerberg.

But does anyone know about TSR Chief Executive Officer, Jason Geall, along with his leadership team, Jo Redfern(Chief Commercial Officer and former UCAS Commercial Director), Pete Barnes (Chief Operating Officer and Chief Finance Officer), Pete Kelly (Chief Technical Officer), Tom Corfield (Chief Learning Officer, former PWC management consultant & entrepreneur). (from Wikipedia)

Interesting they are all men, incidentally... unless Jo is short for Josaphine (which apparently it is).

Would you like to see what they look like? What their politics are? Why their policies say certain posts are banned and certain posts are allowed hence setting the agenda of TSR?

Or do you not really care.

Poll!

(I wonder if they will allow this thread or they will supress freedom of speach?)

For starters here is the CEO:

edit: I've just found a link to more about the team here:

http://tsrmatters.com/find-out-about-us/meet-the-team/

Why do all CEOs have such fake smiles? Maybe because they're stinking rich! First thing I'd like to know is "What is your net worth?" I reckon 100 million pounds.

Age 38: from here Office in Brighton, UK. I didn't know that!
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

If you want to find anything out just go on here:

http://companycheck.co.uk/company/04666380/THE-STUDENT-ROOM-GROUP-LIMITED/company-summary

It has everything you could ever want to know about TSR and its directors.
TSR is owned by giant lizards.
Reply 3
Original post by thunder_chunky

:yep:

The Royal Family. The 'S' doesn't actually stand for 'Student', it means 'Subjects' '.
You can know anything you want to know about TSR if you google it. I don't think the people who run it are "top secret". :erm:

It is. It is also moderated by giant lizards :yep:
Wikipedia is your best bet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Drewski
:yep:

The Royal Family. The 'S' doesn't actually stand for 'Student', it means 'Subjects' '.

People used to think It was Jews who controlled everything, but no. It was the Lizards all along, and they will have the last laugh.

Original post by Tilly-Elizabeth

It is. It is also moderated by giant lizards :yep:

You wish. You're merely a henchman (or "henchperson") for the giant Lizards.
Reply 7
People used to think It was Jews who controlled everything, but no. It was the Lizards all along, and they will have the last laugh.

But what about those suspect entertainers and politicians, I thought they controlled the thoughts and actions of everybody! Suppose the lizarders are a better deal.
Original post by 48:13
But what about those suspect entertainers and politicians, I thought they controlled the thoughts and actions of everybody! Suppose the lizarders are a better deal.

Maybe they work for the lizards as well.
I don't mind the fact there are owners, CEOs, etc. I am certainly grateful they provide a service I don't have to pay for, and which I enjoy using.

What I do slightly resent is that they are increasingly orienting the site to younger and younger users. This used to be, remains in theory and should remain a website oriented towards adults. Undergraduates, postrgraduates, PhD students. And in a pinch, those studying for their A-levels

We should not have threads censored on the basis that "This is unsuitable for 13 year olds" and they should not orient the rep system around the fact that young teenagers are hypersensitive and can't handle getting negged
Reply 10
Original post by MostUncivilised
I don't mind the fact there are owners, CEOs, etc. I am certainly grateful they provide a service I don't have to pay for, and which I enjoy using.

What I do slightly resent is that they are increasingly orienting the site to younger and younger users. This used to be, remains in theory and should remain a website oriented towards adults. Undergraduates, postrgraduates, PhD students. And in a pinch, those studying for their A-levels

We should not have threads censored on the basis that "This is unsuitable for 13 year olds" and they should not orient the rep system around the fact that young teenagers are hypersensitive and can't handle getting negged

I agree with your last paragraph, so much. Such moderation, in my opinion, is not conducive for honest debate and discussion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They weren't so gianty and lizardy when I met them. I think you may be mistaken (unless some sort of lizard coup has occurred).
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
They weren't so gianty and lizardy when I met them. I think you may be mistaken (unless some sort of lizard coup has occurred).

They are well disguised as humans.

Nooooooooooooooo! How on earth did you find that out?!!?

You're right I'm actually a Komodo dragon - the wifi in the Indonesian islands has really improved in the last couple of years. It's brilliant, the commute from Rinca to Brighton was just getting a little too much for me :wink:
Original post by MostUncivilised

What I do slightly resent is that they are increasingly orienting the site to younger and younger users. This used to be, remains in theory and should remain a website oriented towards adults. Undergraduates, postgraduates, PhD students. And in a pinch, those studying for their A-levels

Actually, the Majority of the users are in fact A level students of 16/17.
This is the key audience for TSR because it's largely focused around A level results day and people going through the uni application process.

Also have a lot of GCSE students on as well as the adults of university age.
http://tsrmatters.com/find-out-about-us/meet-the-team/

Page all about everyone on the team. :smile:

Contains photos and information about most people i think.

Anyone want to see She-Ra?

COO and CFO Pete Barnes?

CEO Jason?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 16
It would be the financial director and commercial director who enjoyed school the most and the developer and community director who enjoyed it the least. Who said those old stereotypes weren't true!
Original post by She-Ra
Nooooooooooooooo! How on earth did you find that out?!!?

You're right I'm actually a Komodo dragon - the wifi in the Indonesian islands has really improved in the last couple of years. It's brilliant, the commute from Rinca to Brighton was just getting a little too much for me :wink:

And I for one welcome our new lizard overlords.
Reply 18
Original post by ineedhelp .
i'm going to have a word with the owners about the poor quality of the mods

Well you might have to post them a letter:

TSR
INTERNATIONAL HOUSE QUEENS ROAD
BRIGHTON
UNITED KINGDOM
BN1 3XE

Or they have a "get in touch" form here

Or maybe give them a ring!

Tel: 0800 999 3222
Fax: 0127 364 6301

Or the CEO'stwitter

Wow. They have so many ways to get in touch! I'm sure I've been to in that building before for a party. Small world.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by noobynoo
Wow. They have so many ways to get in touch!

So do most companies with any web presence nowadays, to be honest :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending