The Student Room Group

Worst Accents?

Ok so seeing as there is a "Sexist Accents" topic (of which i've posted in), i thought i'd go the other way and create one for the worst accents or "Turn off Accents"

Me:

German
Russian
Typical American
Redneck American
Greek
Ukraine

As you can see most of them (for me at least) are mainly very punchy, sharp sometimes angry languages, i've always said that even if you're complimenting someone in German, it sounds like you're insulting them cos of the brutality of the words compared to those of Italian, French or Spanish

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Tomsta

As you can see most of them (for me at least) are mainly very punchy, sharp sometimes angry languages, i've always said that even if you're complimenting someone in German, it sounds like you're insulting them cos of the brutality of the words compared to those of Italian, French or Spanish

How can you not love how German compliments sound?

"Du siehst wunderschön, heute." :laugh:

I know what you mean though, ahah... American accents and most of the others you've mentioned are 'annoying'.
Accents are lovely though, they make people unique
:h:

Reply 2
Original post by Caitlin_3008
How can you not love how German compliments sound?

"Du siehst wunderschön, heute." :laugh:

I know what you mean though, ahah... American accents and most of the others you've mentioned are 'annoying'.
Accents are lovely though, they make people unique
:h:

Oh i know it's what makes people themselves, but still just as people are attracted to different physical traits, people are attracted to certain accents (although for the most part it's Italian and Spanish)
Reply 3
Original post by Tomsta
Oh i know it's what makes people themselves, but still just as people are attracted to different physical traits, people are attracted to certain accents (although for the most part it's Italian and Spanish)

I completely get what you mean, yes :smile:

I'm just saying that accents in general are pretty awesome.
Reply 4
Original post by Caitlin_3008
I completely get what you mean, yes :smile:

I'm just saying that accents in general are pretty awesome.

Loving the gif btw, making me chuckle
I find the polish accent quite unattractive, but that may be because most of the polish women i've met were unattractive and I just associate the accent with them.
I can't stand the Geordie accent personally...
Reply 7
I hate the typical American accent like the way the Kardashian's speak. Ugh. I also don't like Northern accents to an extent - they sound very lazy.
Welsh, German, Nigerian, Really Really deep south American
American accents really distract me.. I just can't pay attention.
Essex
Reply 11
Original post by Tomsta
Ok so seeing as there is a "Sexist Accents" topic (of which i've posted in), i thought i'd go the other way and create one for the worst accents or "Turn off Accents"

Me:

German
Russian
Typical American
Redneck American
Greek
Ukraine

LIVERPOOL and GEORDIE..

The latter has been epotimised by Cheryl Chav Cole..
American, liverpool, geordie, essex accent even though i go to college in essex and anything up north of london except scotland

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tomsta

Me:

German
Russian

Typical American
Redneck American
Greek
Ukraine

Ahh I love the German and Russian accents, particularly Russian :O

But agreed so much with typical American. And the like Texan accent, urgh

And scouser.
Reply 14
Original post by toonervoustotalk
American, liverpool, geordie, essex accent even though i go to college in essex and anything up north of london except scotland

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm from Essex, i don't have the accent people say i sound posh :tongue:
Liverpool

Why do they say 'me nan'?
Original post by Tomsta
I'm from Essex, i don't have the accent people say i sound posh :tongue:

I dont recognise the Essex accent anymore but on the first few days of college it was annoying for me.
Yeah i can understand why people would think you sound posh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nigerian
Indian
Pakistani
American
Brummie english accent...ughh

Oh and French and German
Reply 18
Original post by toonervoustotalk
I dont recognise the Essex accent anymore but on the first few days of college it was annoying for me.
Yeah i can understand why people would think you sound posh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why is that?
Original post by Tomsta
Why is that?

Idk why lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest