The Student Room Group

Failed dates

Recently been on two dates with different people and afterwards both have said they're not looking for a relationship, how have I had such bad luck with this?

Just find it annoying that they agree to go out with me then turn around and say they don't want to get into anything
Reply 1
How did you meet them? This is quite common with blind dates..
Reply 2
Original post by Zarek
How did you meet them? This is quite common with blind dates..

Neither were blind dates, one I met at a party and got her number then asked her out, seemed like she was interested but then I was pretty surprised when she said she wasn't looking for a relationship at the moment
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Neither were blind dates, one I met at a party and got her number then asked her out, seemed like she was interested but then I was pretty surprised when she said she wasn't looking for a relationship at the moment

In my experience first and second dates are often pretty tentative and it is perfectly possible to be blown out at this stage. But I think the hit rate should be >50%. Probably just a run of bad luck. Dust yourself down and get back in the saddle..
Reply 4
Original post by Zarek
In my experience first and second dates are often pretty tentative and it is perfectly possible to be blown out at this stage. But I think the hit rate should be >50%. Probably just a run of bad luck. Dust yourself down and get back in the saddle..

That's kinda what I needed to hear I guess haha, cheers
Reply 5
I have a sure-fire way of avoiding bad dates, don't go on dates.

If you're playing the game then you need to expect to lose.
Finding a RuneScape girlfriend is probably more successful than going on a date for the first or the second time, it's okay OP :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by lilypear
Finding a RuneScape girlfriend is probably more successful than going on a date for the first or the second time, it's okay OP :smile:

Runescape girlfriend? Haha
Reply 8
I went on 3 dates with this one guy, he kissed me, told me how much he liked me then he told me that he didn't want a relationship, I know it sucks
Reply 9
Original post by esjae
I went on 3 dates with this one guy, he kissed me, told me how much he liked me then he told me that he didn't want a relationship, I know it sucks

Feel sorry for you :frown: sounds worse than my situation
Reply 10
Feel sorry for you :frown: sounds worse than my situation

Kinda used to it now haha
Reply 11
Original post by CJKay
I dated a girl for 3 months before she turned around and said she wasn't ready for a relationship - no doubt there's somebody in an even worse situation than that somewhere in the world too. :colonhash:

Ouch
Reply 12
Original post by esjae
Ouch

Just accidentally deleted my post on my phone - sorry you now look like a double poster. :tongue:
Reply 13
Original post by CJKay
Just accidentally deleted my post on my phone - sorry you now look like a double poster. :tongue:

Make me look insane why dontcha :P Nah it's okay haha
I will admit I've done this. But then again, I wasn't too sure. He did also turn up 30 odd minutes early (which meant I had to rush) and then informed me he had no money. He then wanted to discuss "our future". He'd asked me out a week before...

And then he got it into his head that we were together and was talking about marriage and moving in together.

Oh, and then I was informed that he has a girlfriend...

There was the issue of a 14 year age gap too.
Recently been on two dates with different people and afterwards both have said they're not looking for a relationship, how have I had such bad luck with this?

Just find it annoying that they agree to go out with me then turn around and say they don't want to get into anything

Well it's better than saying "You're ugly and I do not want a relationship" yes? :wink:

Move on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SMEGGGY
Well it's better than saying "You're ugly and I do not want a relationship" yes? :wink:

Move on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers mate

Quick Reply