The Student Room Group

Will I get paid for working only 2-3 days?

Hi,

Recently I found my first job, however it is not what they told it's gonna be during the interview. Additionally, one of the managers keeps complaining about everything whereas the second manager says that everything is fine.

I've worked there for 2 days but I'm afraid that they might fire me just before I receive my first salary or maybe I will not be able to survive working for that manager.

I just wanted to ask if I will get paid if I will work for less than one week? For example, 3-4 days?
I don't want to ask them right now because they will know that something's wrong.

I apologize if this is stupid question but this is my first job.

Thank you for your time and help.
Original post by Ravex
Hi,

Recently I found my first job, however it is not what they told it's gonna be during the interview. Additionally, one of the managers keeps complaining about everything whereas the second manager says that everything is fine.

I've worked there for 2 days but I'm afraid that they might fire me just before I receive my first salary or maybe I will not be able to survive working for that manager.

I just wanted to ask if I will get paid if I will work for less than one week? For example, 3-4 days?
I don't want to ask them right now because they will know that something's wrong.

I apologize if this is stupid question but this is my first job.

Thank you for your time and help.

You should be paid for every shift that you do, otherwise it is essentially free labour (which can be seen as slavery). I think how often you get paid depends on the company, though. Some employees for company X get paid fortnightly, whilst some employees for company Y get paid monthly (like me). I would check with your company's payscheme to see how often you get paid.

But yes, you should be paid for the 2-3 shifts you do - regardless of if you're fired or you quit.
Reply 2
Original post by MalteseMalteser
You should be paid for every shift that you do, otherwise it is essentially free labour (which can be seen as slavery). I think how often you get paid depends on the company, though. Some employees for company X get paid fortnightly, whilst some employees for company Y get paid monthly (like me). I would check with your company's payscheme to see how often you get paid.

But yes, you should be paid for the 2-3 shifts you do - regardless of if you're fired or you quit.

Thank you, they told me that I'll get paid every Friday.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending