The Student Room Group

Are NVQ's worth UCAS points?

Hey guys,
Next year I will probably be taking a GAP year and am currently looking for a Health Care Assistant Job to help my application into university next year. (Dependent on Clearing and Grades obviously) Recently, I had an interview for a Health Care Assistant Job and I was told that if I get the position I would have to undergo an NVQ in Health and Social Care at either Level 2 or Level 3 (Unsure which) and that most HCA employers will want me to undergo this qualification whilst working (I don't mind, extra qualification and all that :smile: ) But that got me thinking, does anyone know how many UCAS points I) NVQ Level 2 and ii) NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care are worth?

I've looked at all the Tariff tables and am still very confused as to whether they are worth UCAS points and how many they are worth. I've heard from various forums that they are worth UCAS points but no where has specified how much.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You :smile:
Reply 1
Bump
Reply 2
Original post by LouieSax
Hey guys,
Next year I will probably be taking a GAP year and am currently looking for a Health Care Assistant Job to help my application into university next year. (Dependent on Clearing and Grades obviously) Recently, I had an interview for a Health Care Assistant Job and I was told that if I get the position I would have to undergo an NVQ in Health and Social Care at either Level 2 or Level 3 (Unsure which) and that most HCA employers will want me to undergo this qualification whilst working (I don't mind, extra qualification and all that :smile: ) But that got me thinking, does anyone know how many UCAS points I) NVQ Level 2 and ii) NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care are worth?

I've looked at all the Tariff tables and am still very confused as to whether they are worth UCAS points and how many they are worth. I've heard from various forums that they are worth UCAS points but no where has specified how much.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You :smile:

yes they are, check with the universities individually, i think they are called EDI's now not NVQs i got to university to study social work as long as i completed the EDI so they are desirable.
Reply 3
Original post by nath0408
yes they are, check with the universities individually, i think they are called EDI's now not NVQs i got to university to study social work as long as i completed the EDI so they are desirable.

Thank you so much for the help. Would I be able to place EDIs on my application form on the education section, alongside my A levels, so to speak i.e. do they go in the same section? Also by any chance do you know what EDIs stand for and how much they are worth at each level?

Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by LouieSax
Thank you so much for the help. Would I be able to place EDIs on my application form on the education section, alongside my A levels, so to speak i.e. do they go in the same section? Also by any chance do you know what EDIs stand for and how much they are worth at each level?

Thanks in advance :smile:

On the UCAS form, everything is a big list. So no, they don't go in the same section, because each qualification has its own title to be entered under. GCSEs, iGCSEs and double award GCSEs also have their own sections.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending