The Student Room Group

Magaluf girl was born-again Christian!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tom78
Wine Cooler?! £2 bottle of Cava was what I heard through the grapevine

That was on Twitter, a joke account has been set up. Check out this pic :wink:

https://twitter.com/MagalufGirl/status/484746521934852097/photo/1
Original post by Phoebe Buffay
No it doesn't demonstrate this 'isn't a gender thing'. You base what you say on the things guys on TSR say:rolleyes:

Guys on TSR are guys. Presumably they are permitted to express an opinion, why should they be disqualified? Thus far, except for the guy who made the video, I haven't seen anyone applauding these lads. I think these days, except for the most uncouth, obnoxious chav types, most dudes can see this for what it is.

You know, look at the 'LAD' culture that even reaches TSR. If you look at the ordinary guy, and his friends, i think it would be more likely that he would be applauded and be called a 'lad'.

I don' really know any lads socially, almost all of my friends are post-university and in the workforce, the only access I have to that kind of culture is what people say on TSR.

As for the comparison with a gay guy fellating so many guys, I think it would be of a similar reason to why the girl is taking so much flak

But it proves it is not a gender thing, right? Gay men are men, last I heard.
Reply 22
Original post by MostUncivilised
That was on Twitter, a joke account has been set up. Check out this pic :wink:

https://twitter.com/MagalufGirl/status/484746521934852097/photo/1

Haha, respect to the girl, gotta be a new record. Maybe she should get in touch with Guinness.
Guys on TSR are guys. Presumably they are permitted to express an opinion, why should they be disqualified? Thus far, except for the guy who made the video, I haven't seen anyone applauding these lads. I think these days, except for the most uncouth, obnoxious chav types, most dudes can see this for what it is.

I don' really know any lads socially, almost all of my friends are post-university and in the workforce, the only access I have to that kind of culture is what people say on TSR.

Indeed but the point is that the sort of people on TSR are not the sort of people that go to Carnage, and of sort of people that do go to Carnage (the males), I think the LAD culture would play a big part in their lives

But it proves it is not a gender thing, right? Gay men are men, last I heard.

In theory yes, but in practice this wouldn't make much difference.
This Lady decided in her own mind to rebel and to hell with the vids .God help her family when she goes home .
Reply 25
Religion is like an open door, you only need to press and it swings wide open. Religion is so ridiculous I don't need to try very hard;

Impressed that you've picked a subject as broad and diverse as religion to attack.

putatively celibate priests raping little boys and then having the gall to say that they are in a position to lecture other people about their sexuality

Don't assume that all priests are pedophiles. Just because most priests have sinned, does that exclude them from teaching on sin? Hypocrisy is no argument.

telling people condoms are bad but AIDS is worse.

Of course, it's a well known fact that the teachings of Catholicism are shared by all religions.

telling us that the earth is 4,000 years old

A fading doctrine. They actually teach that it's 6000 years old, not 4000.

and despite God's mandate for genocide and slavery in the old testament, he is actually a really good guy.

Genocide I concede but slavery in the Bible is not how we know it today.

Oh and their condemnation of anyone who isn't heterosexual.

A pedantic point, but Christianity condemns homosexual acts, not homosexuality.

And their depiction of women as being fundamentally inferior to men.

Christianity is more quesitonable on this one due to the specificity of the letters from which those verses were contained.

Should I stop now or keep going?

I think that you should. It's peculiar: you criticise "religion" and then proceed to malign Christianity - two completely different things. Just because you don't like pizza doesn't mean that you don't like food. Buddhism is simply a way by which somebody lives their lives without appeal to any deity of any kind - nothing worthy of contempt.

You've also confused a few theological points, few which I agree with, but still, if you're going to be arrogant, please get it right.
:smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by THUNDERPANTS12
This Lady decided in her own mind to rebel and to hell with the vids .God help her family when she goes home .

Would be interesting to know if she regrets it at all... and how people's opinions would change if she did.
xxx"

Why are you so obsessed with this slut you thirsty guy
People keep asking why the guys aren't being shamed like the girls.

It's obviously because putting 24 dicks in your mouth is more nasty than having someone put their mouth around your dick. :rolleyes:

It's not sexist, it's common sense. She's the one likely to get some kind of disease.
Reply 29
I don't see the problem, if she wants to do it that's her prerogative.
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Why is the girl the only person being judged here?

Why is there so little comment on the 24 guys who conducted public sex acts with a clearly pretty damn drunk girl?

Are they suddenly morally irreproachable?
Original post by tengentoppa
People keep asking why the guys aren't being shamed like the girls.

It's obviously because putting 24 dicks in your mouth is more nasty than having someone put their mouth around your dick. :rolleyes:

It's not sexist, it's common sense. She's the one likely to get some kind of disease.

People seem to be implying that the guys were somehow passive in this; that they just sat there blameless while she initiated everything. That is a load of ****! She was clearly pretty drunk and I would bet £100 that this didn't just 'happen' - the guys clearly had some say in convincing her to do it. It takes two people - or in this case, 25 - to conduct a sex act publically, and if you're going to vilify the girl (which I don't personally agree with), you have to vilify the guys too. They had a drunk chick suck them off in public.
Reply 32
What I don't get is why its been such a big shock to the users of facebook and twitter, the majority of people know what Magaluf is like, this has been going on for years. The bloody media hyping it up.
yeah but tbh, what do you expect when you go to magaluf? i mean, it's MAGALUF for christ's sake.
Original post by Phoebe Buffay
Indeed but the point is that the sort of people on TSR are not the sort of people that go to Carnage, and of sort of people that do go to Carnage (the males), I think the LAD culture would play a big part in their lives

Doesn't that then beg the question that the sort of people who go to Carnage are not representative of males generally?

In theory yes, but in practice this wouldn't make much difference.

But it demonstrates that it has nothing to do with gender. Men would judge someone who did this, whether man or woman, whether they were a man sucking off 24 men in a public bar, or a man licking 24 vaginas in a public bar, or a woman suckinjg off 24 men in a public bar.
Original post by Pussy Galore
Why are you so obsessed with this slut you thirsty guy

What are you talking about? Is that supposed to be an insult?

Explain yourself
Just because her family are Christians, doesn't make her one
What about the sexual assault on the man at the end of the uncensored video?

This girl willingly took part in a sexual assault on an unconsenting man. And feminists dare complain about the criticism she has received?
Original post by paradoxicalme
She was clearly pretty drunk and I would bet £100 that this didn't just 'happen'

Have you even seen the video, she is not "clearly pretty drunk". She is obviously completely aware of her surroundings.

and if you're going to vilify the girl (which I don't personally agree with), you have to vilify the guys too

She sexually assaulted a guy who clearly was not consenting to the sex act.For that she deserves to be vilified (in addition to her utter lack of self-respect, blowing 24 guys in a public bar)

They had a drunk chick suck them off in public

Hardly sucked off, though, were they? It was like a two second blow, and most of them weren't even hard
Original post by DCFCfan4eva
Just because her family are Christians, doesn't make her one

She's definitely a Christian, the article made that clear

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending