The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sevchenko
It better to have best defensive record in the league than the attacking record. Proof

Well, I got some stats from statto, taking into the top 3 teams for each year and there position.

2013/14

Spoiler

2012/13

Spoiler

2011/12

Spoiler

Both show a trend of finishing in the top 3 attacking or defensively will lead to a top 3 finish. However, finishing in top 3 of goals scored led to a similar finish in the final table, while in 2011/12 the team who conceded the third least goals, I.e. Everton/Liverpool finished 7 & 8 respectively.
Reply 9361
If you guys get Sanchez that's a huge statement tbh. Could still do with a RB, CB, DM and ST though.

Also baconbutty is not a troll. If you read his posts objectively he's probably in top 5 posters in terms of knowledge.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FKLW
If you guys get Sanchez that's a huge statement tbh. Could still do with a RB, CB, DM and ST though.

Also baconbutty is not a troll. If you read his posts objectively he's probably in top 5 posters in terms of knowledge.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well Sanchez and Debuchy is a decent start, plus a DM and then backup CB/GK and we'll be laughing.

He started off very trolly in his posts though, better now I will admit.
Reply 9363
Original post by Pete_91
Well Sanchez and Debuchy is a decent start, plus a DM and then backup CB/GK and we'll be laughing.

I'm scared that Wenger is waking up in the market :tongue: if Madrid really are in for Falcao and you get Benzema.... Think your a dead cert for top 4 anyway. Your the best flat-track bullies in the league so your more likely to win the league than drop out of top 4, tbh once you get a midfield general and a clinical striker you'll start to win big games which is all your lacking.

Yeah I've noticed that, nowadays he speaks more sense though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pete_91

I don't think signing Sanchez will stop Wenger buying a striker. Someone not too pricey like Remy maybe.

Glad he's not going to Liverpool. They're going to be put back in their place next season.
Original post by sr90
I don't think signing Sanchez will stop Wenger buying a striker. Someone not too pricey like Remy maybe.

Glad he's not going to Liverpool. They're going to be put back in their place next season.

I'd take Remy in a heartbeat (if we got Sanchez) because of Girouds recent performances
Original post by FKLW

Posted from TSR Mobile

Definitely not an Arsenal fan though, or if he is then he's a pure masochist. One thing being unhappy with the direction of the the club, quite bizarre to relish in it's failings and belittle it at every opportunity.
Original post by FKLW

Posted from TSR Mobile

You finished exams now ini.

Baconbutty knows his stuff personally. May seem that he's a bit cynical about his own club but he generally has things spot on and puts thought into his posts.
Original post by Pete_91

I reckon Newcastle will ask for too much.

I find it weird that you guys tried to buy Cabaye for 10M as well, that's ridiculous personally.

He's not actually trolled people, generally his posts are highly objective but people refuse to see his points without bias because they think he has an agenda against them.
Reply 9368
Original post by Zürich
Definitely not an Arsenal fan though, or if he is then he's a pure masochist. One thing being unhappy with the direction of the the club, quite bizarre to relish in it's failings and belittle it at every opportunity.

Agree he can be extreme, sometimes I think he does it to wind you guys up. Also the way he's been alienated on this thread by certain posters (not you) means that even if what he's saying is spot on he will he ridiculed/reprimanded for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9369
Original post by jam278
You finished exams now ini.

Baconbutty knows his stuff personally. May seem that he's a bit cynical about his own club but he generally has things spot on and puts thought into his posts.

Finished ages ago man, certain people thought I should take an extended holiday though :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FKLW
Agree he can be extreme, sometimes I think he does it to wind you guys up. Also the way he's been alienated on this thread by certain posters (not you) means that even if what he's saying is spot on he will he ridiculed/reprimanded for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Name names please :teeth:
Reply 9371
Original post by jam278
Name names please :teeth:

Fairly obvious who I mean tbf. There's only a handful or Arsenal posters who occasionally take their tinted glasses off anyway, so basically Kruz, Zurich and Pete (AR is neutral a lot tbh).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FKLW
(AR is neutral a lot tbh).

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's this? :tongue:
Original post by FKLW
Fairly obvious who I mean tbf. There's only a handful or Arsenal posters who occasionally take their tinted glasses off anyway, so basically Kruz, Zurich and Pete (AR is neutral a lot tbh).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sigh what have I done this time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So if we get Sanchez and Debuchy, I think that's already a great start to the window. Debuchy isn't exactly your Phillip Lahm but he's a solid player and RB isn't one of the positions we've needed some one world class in, but more just depth. It will be interesting to see how we would play Sanchez next season, possibly taking Podolski's spot on the left wing or even up front with/out Giroud? Kinda doubt our bid for Khedira will be accepted since even if the player were to leave, I'm sure another club would out bid us for him. He hasn't had the best season or recent performances but I think around 24m is fair and 30m is stretching it, since we can probably get some one more defensive-minded cheaper.

As far as strikers go, I really hope that even if the Sanchez deal falls through, we don't miss out on a striker (again). Giroud, even after being rested, has really been unconvincing (bar the friendlies against lesser teams). Tottenham are meant to be more likely to sign Remy and they probably will since we've been stalling, and apparently Wenger doesn't approve of Mandzukic's 20m price tag. Ballotelli is now out of the question so I'm really starting to wonder what we're going for. At this point I wouldn't mind Morata + Sanchez as long as the stupid buy out clause isn't involved in the deal.
Reply 9375
Original post by Kruz
Sigh what have I done this time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's a good thing! Was essentially naming the list of Arsenal fans on this website who are capable of having an unbiased discussion wrt the team.

Also same for you AR.

Also, how would you guys feel with Sanchez being the marquee buy and no ST? Giroud, Walcott and Podolski should get 45-50 league goals between them and Sanchez can probably offer 15, add to that Ramsey's 15-ish and that's a lot. Get a DM and would that suffice for you guys? Can also play Sanchez up front if need be or even a false 9 formation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by FKLW
It's a good thing! Was essentially naming the list of Arsenal fans on this website who are capable of having an unbiased discussion wrt the team.

Also same for you AR.

Also, how would you guys feel with Sanchez being the marquee buy and no ST? Giroud, Walcott and Podolski should get 45-50 league goals between them and Sanchez can probably offer 15, add to that Ramsey's 15-ish and that's a lot. Get a DM and would that suffice for you guys? Can also play Sanchez up front if need be or even a false 9 formation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't be very happy I'd like another striker at least, supposedly I'm hearing we're in for Loic Remy and Sami Khedira. Also reports are saying Toni Kroos will move to Real Madrid after the World Cup, that might force Madrid to sell. I wouldn't mind Khedira but some of the guys on here aren't fans of him.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kruz
I wouldn't be very happy I'd like another striker at least, supposedly I'm hearing we're in for Loic Remy.

This

Tottenham are more likely to get Remy though tbh they'll approach him directly instead of beating around the bush like us

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9378
Original post by Kruz
I wouldn't be very happy I'd like another striker at least, supposedly I'm hearing we're in for Loic Remy and Sami Khedira. Also reports are saying Toni Kroos will move to Real Madrid after the World Cup, that might force Madrid to sell. I wouldn't mind Khedira but some of the guys on here aren't fans of him.

Khedira isn't what you need tbh you need a proper DM, which he isn't. How about someone like Remy then? Tbh Walcott is a good enough striker if he says fit all year with Ozil and Ramsey you guys can win it. Big if though with your medical record :tongue:

Also who drops out of the team with the new DM? Assuming you're playing a 4-2-3-1 who fits in alongside him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FKLW
Khedira isn't what you need tbh you need a proper DM, which he isn't. How about someone like Remy then? Tbh Walcott is a good enough striker if he says fit all year with Ozil and Ramsey you guys can win it. Big if though with your medical record :tongue:

Also who drops out of the team with the new DM? Assuming you're playing a 4-2-3-1 who fits in alongside him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Arteta no questions asked :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest