The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Stuff to do over the summer

Anyone got any suggestions for what to do over the summer in Soton? I'm staying down and hoping to get a job somewhere but am already bored out of my tiny little mind!

I know there's a 80s rock festival at the Common next weekend and a bit of stuff for Wimbledon/World Cup but I'm clueless as to what to do after that.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated :smile:
Don't know how old you are, but my plans were IOW festival, going to Ibiza in August, learning to play guitar, learning a little Italian, picked up extra hours at work, started next level studying...that last one is depressing.
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by Dani California
Don't know how old you are, but my plans were IOW festival, going to Ibiza in August, learning to play guitar, learning a little Italian, picked up extra hours at work, started next level studying...that last one is depressing.

Until I manage to get a job I reckon I need to keep expenditure to a minimum :P I've got a weight bench/rack being delivered soon so I can start doing things properly rather than just dumbbell workouts.

I suppose I could start writing the lit review for my dissertation but I'm more of a last minute kind of guy :wink:
Original post by TheWalkinDude
Until I manage to get a job I reckon I need to keep expenditure to a minimum :P I've got a weight bench/rack being delivered soon so I can start doing things properly rather than just dumbbell workouts.

I suppose I could start writing the lit review for my dissertation but I'm more of a last minute kind of guy :wink:

Is that last bit supposed to sound filthy? :mmm:
Is that last bit supposed to sound filthy? :mmm:

Haha, it wasn't intended as such, I just have a serious procrastination problem :tongue:
Haha, it wasn't intended as such, I just have a serious procrastination problem :tongue:

Haha, happy accident then. It's summer, until September your dissertation doesn't even exist.
Haha, happy accident then. It's summer, until September your dissertation doesn't even exist.

At the moment I'm still trying to figure out what a 'last minute kind of guy' would be in a sexual manner...

Don't tell me that! It'll be left until next April!
At the moment I'm still trying to figure out what a 'last minute kind of guy' would be in a sexual manner...

Don't tell me that! It'll be left until next April!

Haha, if you don't see it, I'm not pointing it out! :tongue: And procrastination to that extreme takes some serious dedication!
Haha, if you don't see it, I'm not pointing it out! :tongue: And procrastination to that extreme takes some serious dedication!

Wait, I think I have it! 'Last a minute kind of guy'? :tongue: I once talked to a bird for 20 minutes to procrastinate...
Wait, I think I have it! 'Last a minute kind of guy'? :tongue: I once talked to a bird for 20 minutes to procrastinate...
Wehey, got there eventually! :tongue: And how the hell did you just find a bird to talk to?
Wehey, got there eventually! :tongue: And how the hell did you just find a bird to talk to?

My brain is mush from boredom at the moment! It isn't functioning properly :tongue: It had a nest in a bush outside my window so I starting tweeting at it...

Quick Reply

Latest