The Student Room Group

How much do you reckon you've spent in the last week on petrol/diesel ?

In the last 2 weeks I've spent about £140 so about £70 a week on PETROL . I usually spend about £70 a week petrol sometimes more.

How much do you think you've spend in the last week on petrol/diesel?

I don't work but get DLA and ESA because I genuinely need it, I drive because I can't face other people sometimes and having a car does that

Scroll to see replies

I probably fill up once every two weeks and thats at £40 a tank so around £20 quid a week on average.
About £80 a week. Gets me about 550-600 miles local

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by natninja
I probably fill up once every two weeks and thats at £40 a tank so around £20 quid a week on average.

WOW, does you car run on water or are you a peasent lol.

how many miles do you think you drive per week then?
Depends, on average about £0 or something like that, seeing as I don't drive :P
Original post by I'm Lazy Bones
WOW, does you car run on water or are you a peasent lol.

how many miles do you think you drive per week then?

Somehow it does better than the advertised mpg... manage to get 60mpg out of the damn thing on a 7 gallon tank.
Reply 6
In the last 2 weeks I've spent about £140 so about £70 a week on PETROL . I usually spend about £70 a week petrol sometimes more.

I don't work but get DLA and ESA because I genuinely need it, I drive because I can't face other people sometimes and having a car does that

On a £40 diesel tank, probably £15 every 2 weeks. Don't use my car too often for long hauls these days (filler)
Original post by natninja
Somehow it does better than the advertised mpg... manage to get 60mpg out of the damn thing on a 7 gallon tank.

so how many miles about?

my car only seems to be getting 29 mpg
Original post by Dodgy Git
On a £40 diesel tank, probably £15 every 2 weeks. Don't use my car too often for long hauls these days (filler)

why do you even have a car then if you never use it ? £15 you use every 2 weeks I use in a day easily everyday
Reply 8

I don't get the bottom statement? You drive because you can't face other people? Does that mean you don't like public transport?

I spend about £20 a week. That gets me to work and back 5 times a week. To the gym and back 3 times a week. And any trips to the supermarket etc (maybe 1 or 2 times a week)
Reply 9
I put in around £30 a fortnight petrol :smile: I don't drive an awful lot though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
so how many miles about?

my car only seems to be getting 29 mpg

why do you even have a car then if you never use it ? £15 you use every 2 weeks I use in a day easily everyday

I dunno, maybe to use to carry Building equipment from A to B? Large shopping from Tesco? ... £15 fills just over a quarter of the tank, and that gets me quite far.

And I didn't say "never" use, you just pt words into my month ... I said I "barely" use it at the moment -_-
About £50 every three/four weeks. I do about 550 miles a month.
About 50-60 a week...my daily commute to work is about 40 miles round trip so I rack up a fair few miles over a 2 week period

Posted from TSR Mobile
£0 - I don't drive; I'm a terrible driver (although I've never crashed) so I try to get lifts when possible, or I walk/skate
Last week...... 5 tank fulls at 60l a pop.
I fill up every 2-3 weeks or so and pay about £40-£50. I do around 230-330 miles a month.
Reply 16
I put £35 in my tank last week, and I have approximately half of it left in my tank. I will put in another £20 next week. I drive to work every day and also out of town as I live in a village, and my family live in towns.
I spent just over £60 over the last week (since friday 4th) on diesel. That was about 500miles, 300 of which were well loaded and towing a half tonne trailer.
I've not put petrol in my car for the past 2 weeks :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
£25 per week, approx 200 miles.

Quick Reply

Latest