The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

If Arsenal end up signing Remy I'm going to bring up the posts by one or two on here who were absolutely certain you wouldn't be getting him :biggrin:
Reply 9381
Original post by AR_95
Arteta no questions asked :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thought he was a given :tongue: meant out of Ramsey and Wilshere basically?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FKLW
Khedira isn't what you need tbh you need a proper DM, which he isn't. How about someone like Remy then? Tbh Walcott is a good enough striker if he says fit all year with Ozil and Ramsey you guys can win it. Big if though with your medical record :tongue:

Also who drops out of the team with the new DM? Assuming you're playing a 4-2-3-1 who fits in alongside him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I'm happy at least Wenger is trying to get some deals done. Some people on here aren't happy with Debuchy I don't think he's that bad, it seems like a lot of Newcastle fans don't want him to leave. Technically Debuchy isn't bad he's better than Sagna and is a bit more effiecient in the final 3rd.
Original post by FKLW
Thought he was a given :tongue: meant out of Ramsey and Wilshere basically?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ramsey's a dead cert to start so id say Wilshere would be missing out a lot next season then

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9384
Original post by Kruz
Yeah I'm happy at least Wenger is trying to get some deals done. Some people on here aren't happy with Debuchy I don't think he's that bad, it seems like a lot of Newcastle fans don't want him to leave. Technically Debuchy isn't bad he's better than Sagna and is a bit more effiecient in the final 3rd.

Debuchy would be a solid signing. He's ok defensively and going forward and his crossing is pretty good, which is important as you guys rely on width from your fullbacks a lot atm without any proper wingers (Sanchez will change this most likely).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9385
Original post by AR_95
Ramsey's a dead cert to start so id say Wilshere would be missing out a lot next season then

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's probably good for him tbh. A kick up the backside that he needs to push on and really develop as a player.

Posted from TSR Mobile
debuchy will be a top signing and with jenkinson as cover we shouldnt worry too much. The fullback only has to face the likes of messi (in cl), hazard, ronaldo (if we play rm). the right back has to be sound and last season sagna had his worst game against liverpool AT HOME. Sterling and suarez who played wide left him ragged. Arsene must get a better rightback. If arsenal want to be a force to be reckoned with then why not bid for the likes of lahm, boateng, alves. we might not get them but it certainly shows some passion. the other main worry is cf and midfield. need to play cazorla and ozil centrally and bring in morata/ benzema/balotelli or mandzukic, thats given sanchez is already an arsenal player. also why arsenal no bid for suarez????? i know he is a player with alot of baggage but cmon he was the same last season!!!!
We don't need Remy. Just from watching Joel Campbell most can see he's currently at or very close to Remy's level. He has pace, strength, intelligence and very good technique. Granted he need to work on his conditioning but there's no point wasting money on Remy, he's never had the quality to be at Arsenal.

We need to give the boy a proper chance to show his worth for Arsenal.
Reply 9388
Original post by sevchenko
We don't need Remy. Just from watching Joel Campbell most can see he's currently at or very close to Remy's level. He has pace, strength, intelligence and very good technique. Granted he need to work on his conditioning but there's no point wasting money on Remy, he's never had the quality to be at Arsenal.

Exactly so. And Campbell is so much younger too
Original post by singhson
If arsenal want to be a force to be reckoned with then why not bid for the likes of lahm, boateng, alves. we might not get them but it certainly shows some passion.

Lool

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FKLW
Khedira isn't what you need tbh you need a proper DM, which he isn't. How about someone like Remy then? Tbh Walcott is a good enough striker if he says fit all year with Ozil and Ramsey you guys can win it. Big if though with your medical record :tongue:

Also who drops out of the team with the new DM? Assuming you're playing a 4-2-3-1 who fits in alongside him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

We don't need a proper DM who sits deep and just protects the back four. A super Arteta would be good enough, Khedira could easily play that role. Khedira can do a good job at DM if he is asked to, he's done it many times for Madrid and earlier in his career. He would be a solid addition to the team and very useful for counter attacking.
Original post by sevchenko

Remy is light years ahead of Campbell. Campbell is still very raw, he's only slightly better than Sanogo. Giroud, Remy and Campbell as our strikers next season would be ideal IMO.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9392
What do people think of giving Sanogo some games on the wing? He has pace and makes okay runs but his ball control and composure are poor. I think the team could carry him on the wing but not upfront where he has a lot of responsibility.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rixium
What do people think of giving Sanogo some games on the wing? He has pace and makes okay runs but his ball control and composure are poor. I think the team could carry him on the wing but not upfront where he has a lot of responsibility.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope Sanogo needs a loan way too Raw. That's why I am hoping another striker will come in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rixium

Posted from TSR Mobile

No. Release him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CupidStunt
Remy is light years ahead of Campbell. Campbell is still very raw, he's only slightly better than Sanogo. Giroud, Remy and Campbell as our strikers next season would be ideal IMO.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I totally disagree. I don't understand where people get these ideas about Remy from, people talk like he's world class when in reality mid table sides are his level, he would only ever be used depth at Arsenal. The only thing Remy has over Campbell is Prem experience.

Campbell isn't raw and he's way ahead of Sanogo in terms of development. You just need to watch the two really, I'm not sure you have tbh
Campbell is by no doubt a lot more developed than Sanogo. I still think Campbell is over praised however and a distance away from Arsenal quality

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9397
Original post by AR_95
Campbell is by no doubt a lot more developed than Sanogo. I still think Campbell is over praised however and a distance away from Arsenal quality

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you're missing the point irt Campbell. Eventhough people are praising him, I don't think they're saying he is Arsenal quality yet. We want him to come but NOT at the expense of any the necessary signing.
Arsenal deffo need to get Navas the goalkeeper b4 liverpool,atletico madrid and barcelona do. He is way too good

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9399
We should sign Mirallas. We could seriously do with a player like him who isn't remarkable to the eye to the eyes but coaxes every ounces of talent out of his body. Egregiously wasted at Everton.

He's got a **** aspect to his game as well.

Latest