The Student Room Group

Magaluf girl was born-again Christian!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by trustmeimlying1

the lads are as bad for doing it..if not worse if they werent drunk

She wasn't legless, the video clearly shows she was completely aware of her surroundings and what she was doing.

And no the lads weren't worse, they would be equal if they had licked 24 vaginas for a $5 drink.

Perhaps worst of all, one of the boys was probably sexually assaulted. His mates held him and forcibly pulled down his shorts and pants. The girl was impatient and said, "Get it out, hurry up"

Not a nice girl at all.
Reply 61
Her family didn't judge her in comparison to the public that seems to be a huge difference; she is young and made a mistake which she will probably regret for the rest of her life.

As for this...
When has Christian doctrine ever stopped a Christian doing what they want to do?

Catholic priests are Christian and they rape little boys. I'm surprised that you are surprised.

Many times Christian Doctrine has stopped Christians doing what they want but it is rarely reported because they did nothing wrong. As for these Catholic priest if your talking about pre-20th Century then almost everyone CLAIMED to be Christian but not all were Christians. If your talking post-20th Century you shouldn't judge all by a handful of nasty people. But, of course, you are entitled to your own opinion
Original post by Chief Wiggum
British refers to citizens of the UK.

British refers to the people of Great Britain, the people of Northern Ireland are citizens of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, not British
Original post by MostUncivilised
British refers to the people of Great Britain, the people of Northern Ireland are citizens of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, not British

No, that is definitely incorrect.

See here: https://www.gov.uk/browse/citizenship/citizenship

British refers to citizens of the United Kingdom. British does not only mean "people from Great Britain".
She wasn't legless, the video clearly shows she was completely aware of her surroundings and what she was doing.

And no the lads weren't worse, they would be equal if they had licked 24 vaginas for a $5 drink.

Perhaps worst of all, one of the boys was probably sexually assaulted. His mates held him and forcibly pulled down his shorts and pants. The girl was impatient and said, "Get it out, hurry up"

Not a nice girl at all.

you werent here...have you ever been very drunk before:?

im sure many of hem wouldve if theyre wiling to take their dicks out in a club...

again the lads forcing him too...

we both dont know her...she could very well be..or she could be a party girl who made a mistake..

she didnt kill or hurt anyone..that lad who was forced wasnt great but otherwise..she just acted like many would call a "slut"

big deal...its not something id be after personally...why care anymore:?
Original post by Bria331
Her family didn't judge her in comparison to the public that seems to be a huge difference; she is young and made a mistake which she will probably regret for the rest of her life.

She absolutely knew what she was doing. To be honest, all the people saying don't judge her are people who haven't seen the video.

She wasn't legless, she was completely aware of what she was doing and her surroundings. She was even aggressive.

One of the lads was forcibly held by his mates, they pulled down his trousers and pants. She was impatient and said, "Get it out, hurry up". That might be a sexual assault.

You are supporting and defending a girl who might have engaged in a sexual assault

almost everyone CLAIMED to be Christian but not all were Christians.

Isn't that a bit of the No True Scotsman fallacy? The fact someone does something criminal or evil doesn't mean they aren't Christian. The fact that someone does something putatively against Christian values doesn't mean they are not Christian.

You are Christian as long as you follow the Nicene Creed, end of story.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2681472/She-dropped-Godly-protection-moment-Friend-reveals-Magaluf-girl-family-born-Christians-FORGIVEN-organiser-event-claims-doesnt-know-fuss-about.html

This girl was, according to her friend, a committed Christian and from a family of evangelical Christians. I've seen this happen over and over again. Because of the emotional and psychologically repressive nature of the religion, when they rebel they really rebel.

On a more general note, it is absolutely bizarre that The Guardian and feminists are saying, "How dare you criticise this girl for having sex, and making her own decisions".

These are the same feminists who, when it comes to a sober, conscious, adult making a decision to go nude in front of a camera (page 3 girls), that is absolutely outrageous and must be stopped. But if a girl sucks off 24 guys for a wine cooler, that is her decision.

I strongly resent the users who are saying, "So what? Plenty of people do gangbangs, etc". They don't do it in public! I think it's quite sanctimonious for certain feminists to say that this behaviour cannot be criticised or judged. Also, the girl was Irish so people can stop with the "Is this British values?"

as far as I know she was from Northern Ireland rather than republic of Ireland, so she could very well be a British citizen/travel on a British passport
It's fascinating to me that so many are so desperate to defend this girl who knew precisely what she was doing, who may well have sexually assaulted a lad, and obviously has very little in the way of values.

Some ask, "Well haven't you done stupid things when you were young?". Of course I have, I've probably done far stupider things than most people.

I've even had group sex before, taken recreational drugs, and so on. But even when I was "Young, dumb and full of cum", as the saying goes, I knew a camera was trouble, and if I was having fun with half a dozen other guys, if someone got out a camera or started filming with their phone, I'd say "Either we can keep having fun without the camera, or I'm happy to get in a taxi and head home".

What I would never do is suck off 24 blokes in a public bar. I'm sorry but that's just grubby
No, that is definitely incorrect.

See here: https://www.gov.uk/browse/citizenship/citizenship

British refers to citizens of the United Kingdom. British does not only mean "people from Great Britain".

She is a "British citizen", but she is not a "British person", British culturally. She is Irish.

Otherwise that would be like you saying of an Englishman, "He's not English, he's British".

The citizenship is British, but someone is either English, Welsh, Scottish or Irish in their ethnicity/cultural orientation etc. Those of the former three are "Britons" and therefore "British". The latter are not Britons, therefore not British, but they are "British citizens"
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by bloomblaze
as far as I know she was from Northern Ireland rather than republic of Ireland, so she could very well be a British citizen/travel on a British passport

See post 69 above (no pun intended)
She is a "British citizen", but she is not a "British person", British culturally. She is Irish.

Otherwise that would be like you saying of an Englishman, "He's not English, he's British".

The citizenship is British, but someone is either English, Welsh, Scottish or Irish in their ethnicity/cultural orientation etc

I don't see anything wrong with claiming that an Englishman is British - it's true. Of course it would be silly to claim that they weren't English. I am both English and British.

Different people like to emphasise different aspects of their identity. Equally, people from Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland can also be referred to as British. That doesn't mean that they are any less English/Scottish/Welsh/Northern Irish, in my opinion.
(edited 9 years ago)
Why do people even care?

I was born in Northern Ireland.

I have lived in Northern Ireland all my life, only set foot on the island of Britain a few times.

When filling in censuses or surveys when starting a new job, I would tick the 'British' box when choosing Nationality.

I pay tax into the British system, not the Irish system.

I am looking at my passport as we speak, it states ''Nationality: British''.

(you could also say Im Irish in the sense I am from the Island of Ireland, but I dont think its entirely right to say someone from Northern Ireland is 'not British')
(edited 9 years ago)
I genuinely don't see what the big deal is. People having fun whilst people hundreds of miles away sneer in disgust. It didn't harm you in any way so what's the big issue.
Original post by bloomblaze
I was born in Northern Ireland.

I have lived in Northern Ireland all my life, only set foot on the island of Britain a few times.

When filling in censuses or surveys when starting a new job, I would tick the 'British' box when choosing Nationality

I agree with that, in the sense that you are a British citizen, but I think there's a difference between being a British citizen and a Briton. All citizens of the UK are British citizens. However, British citizens are divided into Britons and Irish.

I pay tax into the British system, not the Irish system.

Well, you pay into the UK tax system, and Northern Ireland is part of the UK.

I am looking at my passport as we speak, it states ''Nationality: British''.

(you could also say Im Irish in the sense I am from the Island of Ireland, but I dont think its entirely right to say someone from Northern Ireland is 'not British')

Of course you are a British citizen, but you are not a Briton and therefore not British in the sense that the English, Welsh and Scots are. I don't see that as being any lesser, I think Northern Ireland is a fundamental component of our union and NI inhabitants, as British citizens, are completely equal to British citizens who are Britons.
I don't see anything wrong with claiming that an Englishman is British - it's true. Of course it would be silly to claim that they weren't English. I am both English and British.

Different people like to emphasise different aspects of their identity. Equally, people from Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland can also be referred to as British. That doesn't mean that they are any less English/Scottish/Welsh/Northern Irish, in my opinion.

An Englishman is obviously English. He is also a Briton. He is also a British citizen.

A Northern Irishman is a Northern Irishman. He is also Irish. He is also a British citizen.
Original post by That Bearded Man
Why do people even care?

Would you care if your sister/daughter had prostituted herself to 24 lads in a public bar in front of a camera?
An Englishman is obviously English. He is also a Briton. He is also a British citizen.

A Northern Irishman is a Northern Irishman. He is also Irish. He is also a British citizen.

OK this is massively offtopic now lol, but I think you're making a meaningless distinction with the "Briton" thing.

As far as I know, "Briton" just means "someone who is British".

Eg from wikipedia, "Briton may refer to: British people or Britons, nationals or natives of the United Kingdom, its territories, the Crown Dependencies; and their descendants." So that would suggest that anyone who is a British citizen is a Briton.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by trustmeimlying1

big deal...its not something id be after personally...why care anymore:?

Mate, she was behaving like a prostitute. She's an adult and she's perfectly capable of making a decision. She wasn't legless.

She's capable of deciding to fellate 24 blokes in a public bar in front of a camera, and capable of dealing with the consequences when it ends up in the national media
Would you care if your sister/daughter had prostituted herself to 24 lads in a public bar in front of a camera?

First, it's up to her. Second I don't see why random people feel it their responsiblity to share this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending