The Student Room Group

Who do you want to see in the final?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jam278
I'm predicting Brazil Argentina, but if that doesn't happen then I wanna see Holland vs Germany. That'll be a mad final.

Argentina beating Brazil on home soil would cause a riot real talk.

Also, liking the world cup now. All the joke teams are out finally and we actually have good footballing sides in the semi finals. It's picked up.

You mean gutsy over-achieving underdogs, as opposed to ref-favoured Brazil, one-man team Argentina, easy route to the semis Holland and efficient but dull Germany.

The tournament started going downhill when the likes of Chile, Colombia and France went home.
Reply 21
Ghana and.........

Oh wait.
Yeah want to see Holland keep going, but seeing Argentinian's cry as they lose in the final to a 93rd minute David Luiz 40 yard screamer with a massive deflection off Messi, would just be too much.
Such good semi finals both cracking games anyone can go to the final

I think it will be a Germany VS Holland final (Silva and Neymar out helps Germany out so much) (Gaal is a manager who knows how to win any game even the most difficult game he is the type of person to find a winning result)

But I would love Brazil VS Argentina so would many others..
Original post by jam278
I'm predicting Brazil Argentina, but if that doesn't happen then I wanna see Holland vs Germany. That'll be a mad final.

Also, liking the world cup now. All the joke teams are out finally and we actually have good footballing sides in the semi finals. It's picked up.

I wouldn't call Chile, Colombia or Costa Rica "joke teams" they played much better than Spain, Italy, England and others

Chile were unlucky against Brazil, Colombia were close vs Brazil as well the tactics was basically attack James Rodriguez and Costa Rica have been enjoyable to watch.

Surely if Chile were a joke team Brazil should have beaten them in 90mins, Colombia were defo the most exciting team to watch for a neutral and even a big team like Germany struggled against Algeria just goes to show we can't call these teams a joke
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Fizzel
Yeah want to see Holland keep going, but seeing Argentinian's cry as they lose in the final to a 93rd minute David Luiz 40 yard screamer with a massive deflection off Messi, would just be too much.

On the other hand, if Argentina scored a fluke 94th minute winner against Brazil there would seriously be a riot I think.
Reply 26
Scotland vs England
Germany v Brazil or Holland v Argentenia
Brazil x Argentina would destroy South America.
Reply 29
Brazil v Holland or Germany v Holland. Argentina don't play good football.
I want;

Brazil vs Argentina

or

Holland vs Germany

Out of the four, I'd like to see Holland win because of RVP/LVG. I think it would make RVN and VDS happy too, so that would also make me happy.
Original post by scotttb
Germany Argentina, 2 best teams in it IMO especially with Neymar and Silva out in the semi's.

lol wat

Argentina have looked poor this world cup. They've only made it this far thanks to having easy fixtures
All European final! Germany vs Holland & hopefully then Germany to win!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Original post by jam278

They are now. They weren't when you posted that :lol:
Messi Vs Germany :biggrin:
Original post by jam278

Are you joking? That's what has made this world cup so good. Underdogs with a lot of passion have been smashing it and playing far better football than most of the big teams. Or are you one of those that just bums teams with big names like Spain, Brazil etc.?

The joke teams of this tourney so far have been: Spain, England, Brazil, Portugal, Italy, Belgium and Argentina.

Not one of them has put in a convincing display and lived up to their expectations/potential
Reply 36
Original post by Scratchyjam
Are you joking? That's what has made this world cup so good. Underdogs with a lot of passion have been smashing it and playing far better football than most of the big teams. Or are you one of those that just bums teams with big names like Spain, Brazil etc.?

The joke teams of this tourney so far have been: Spain, England, Brazil, Portugal, Italy, Belgium and Argentina.

Not one of them has put in a convincing display and lived up to their expectations/potential

Not even.

I just think that most of the top teams have played **** this tournament, the underdogs have done well tbf, but it's not great football I'm witnessing, or moments of brilliance. I'd carry on watching Chelsea matches(who I support) if I wanted to watch a team just run around for 90mins, stay solid in defence and get one goal to defend.

Like I've said many times, the top international teams are generally terrible in comparison to the teams that their club play for. There are exceptions. This leads to crap football from the bigger international teams, which I'm disappointed about. Italy haven't even been a joke team. They got cheated by the ref. Belgium won every game in their group, Argentina are in the semis despite every team parking the bus against them. Brazil have been poor the whole tournament though and Spain obviously were terrible as were England and Portugal.

Btw, Colombia have been the most interesting team to watch, I like them a lot. Belgium are boring to watch, but tbh their team isn't as great as people make it out to be. That team wouldn't even get top 6 in the prem and they've been shoehorning the big name players(although Lukaku got dropped) to fit a system.
Reply 37
Original post by samba
They are now. They weren't when you posted that :lol:

Sorry, I forgot about Brazil. :colonhash:

I'm on the fence about who will win this semi final though.
Reply 38
Original post by jam278
Sorry, I forgot about Brazil. :colonhash:

I'm on the fence about who will win this semi final though.

Logically I'd say Argentina. My heart says the Netherlands :redface:
Reply 39
Original post by samba
Logically I'd say Argentina. My heart says the Netherlands :redface:

There isn't too much difference in strength to the teams personally, the defences are both terrible so they use 5atb. the midfields are pretty unbalanced with players playing out of position and the forward lines are both world class.

You'd say Argentina are slightly better though. I'm torn between wanting to see Messi win the world cup and cementing his status as the best player of all time and watching a Holland Germany final.

Quick Reply

Latest