The Student Room Group

Told a friend I like her.....

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Because when someone has not emotionally invested heavily into the other person, they think they can still be friends.

So in this case, he is more into her then she is into him - and I think at one point he wrote that she had a BF, so being 'just friends' is not a big deal for her, given that to top it off the girl who rejected the OP knows she can get him "any time" she wants.

It's the same deal when you break up with someone.

The dumper always finds it easier to be friends with the dumpee for a reason, because a) they wanted to end the relationship and b) if they can see that the dumpee is still v into them, she feel as though they can get that person back whenever they want.

Power , ego thing in the end.

Stupid thread making me go anon
Because when someone has not emotionally invested heavily into the other person, they think they can still be friends.

So in this case, he is more into her then she is into him - and I think at one point he wrote that she had a BF, so being 'just friends' is not a big deal for her, given that to top it off the girl who rejected the OP knows she can get him "any time" she wants.

It's the same deal when you break up with someone.

The dumper always finds it easier to be friends with the dumpee for a reason, because a) they wanted to end the relationship and b) if they can see that the dumpee is still v into them, she feel as though they can get that person back whenever they want.

Power , ego thing in the end.

And no offence to Nomes, but I don't think she has ever known what rejection feels like, or what guys go through when getting girls - which is why she couldn't properly analyse what was going on with the OP. Said it all when she wrote how she friends zoned a guy and then hooked up , meaning she has always been in the position to pick. So in that circumstance, her advice would have caused a lot of emotional trouble for the OP.

A woman's experience to a man's is so different in the dating game, which is why men should get advice from other men who have experience.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 162
Original post by Nomes89
You've completely missed my point.

And please do not pretend you are successful with women because I've seen your threads - you aren't. So you're not in any place to give advice to a guy who wants to be successful. Sorry to be harsh.

You do not understand women and arguing with someone who knows women better than you do shows your naivety and incidentally precisely why you don't do well. You assume you know best, you won't listen and you're not perceptive.

If you want a healthy relationship with a stable woman, playing these games will not work. Only insecure, immature women will seek approval from a man that has ignored them. And that attention will be short lived.

If a man ignores a female friend after he's been rejected many women will think he was only ever interested in getting in her pants and didn't value the friendship so will see the guy as a bullet well dodged.

What does it matter what you're seen as though? You're (hopefully!) not cutting her out in order to somehow trick her into drifting back into your life, you're doing it to save yourself the pain that comes from maintaining a consolation friendship with someone you find romantically attractive.

She/her friends can think whatever they want.
Reply 163
There are some harsh people in this world.

You found out now?:eek:

I hope you the worst scenario happens to so that your eyes open up to reality:mad:
Reply 164
Well divorce rates are high as ever for a reason.

Prenup lads, prenup.

Theres no prenups in UK:frown:
things are a lot easier when you let the girl do all the work while you do your own thing lel.
This thread is a complete pile of ****! Girls are not that complicated, we don't get 'turned off' if there isn't a 'challenge', and OP should most definitely not 'forget' this friend. Why was nobody's immediate reply 'maybe she's out doing something so hasn't seen your text, or maybe she's trying to think of a reply'? But no, everyone immediately says 'you've failed, you didn't play hard to get, better luck next time'?! Girls are not that formulaic. If she doesn't like OP, that means she's not attracted to him generally, not that one text immediately swayed her judgement about him. They've clearly been friends for quite a while!
Original post by paradoxicalme
This thread is a complete pile of ****! Girls are not that complicated, we don't get 'turned off' if there isn't a 'challenge', and OP should most definitely not 'forget' this friend. Why was nobody's immediate reply 'maybe she's out doing something so hasn't seen your text, or maybe she's trying to think of a reply'? But no, everyone immediately says 'you've failed, you didn't play hard to get, better luck next time'?! Girls are not that formulaic. If she doesn't like OP, that means she's not attracted to him generally, not that one text immediately swayed her judgement about him. They've clearly been friends for quite a while!

A friend doesn't flirt with you, giving you false hope in the process. OP has said that she had been from time to time flirting with him.

I also actually said that texting is good because it gave her time to think about it.

In hindsight you can say it was a simple situation, and that she was not attracted to him - but put yourself in the OP's situation, he had to deal with mixed signals during their rship, which is why it got to this point.
Original post by paradoxicalme

You being serious here?

Girl asks him via text to tell her whats up, pressures him to tell her. He tells her and he gets no response for over 2 days, while sending snapchats etc so to show she clearly has time to talk to him. She only responds to him the day before she has to meet him, meaning that she actually didn't give the text much thought until she realised she had to respond to it.

We'll see how she feels.
Original post by fat_hobbit
It is clear that he was being strung along.

I was not the only one in this thread that could see that.

If by bad advice, you mean hiding all of her status updates from facebook and going no contact - so he can try and get over her. Fair enough.

At the end of the day, if someone wants to be with you, they will try and make it happen. It's simple.

You live in a very non-confrontational place, the world isn't like that all. If you want something you have to be proactive and get it. You have to develop some sort of alphamale characteristics or people will walkover you.
you checked your dms btw?

Whats dms? Stands for drugs/money/sex
OP, take what he says with a pinch of salt.

He has a tendency to fabricate things.

Your the one hiding behind anonymous,lol. Whatever i say is accountable for, LMAO. You cost the kid the girl. You can't fabricate fact, its right in front of you, you either choose to accept it or not.
Original post by Nomes89
Your experience is just as anecdotal as well. There are no rules to these situations, people need to become emotionally intelligent enough to analyse each situation/person as they come. You don't know the OP to say how best he should deal with his feelings.

My readings compliment my experience. I should have made that clearer.
Original post by SloaneRanger
You live in a very non-confrontational place, the world isn't like that all. If you want something you have to be proactive and get it. You have to develop some sort of alphamale characteristics or people will walkover you.

Yes, and that is by working hard on self improving yourself. Women generally like men who are sure of themselves and have direction in their lives.

Confronting someone (if this is the point that you are trying to get) solves nothing. If anything it gives her more of a reason not to be with you.
Your the one hiding behind anonymous,lol. Whatever i say is accountable for, LMAO. You cost the kid the girl. You can't fabricate fact, its right in front of you, you either choose to accept it or not.

This thread keeps on setting the anon feature automatically.

You what?

I haven't spoken to nerd2 for like a year, and when I did it was about the NBA. Don't know why you keep bringing him up.
Original post by VeniViciVidi
My readings compliment my experience. I should have made that clearer.

Ignore her, her advice has been exposed as being poor since the OP's latest rejection came to light.

OP - keep your head high bro,plenty of fish in the sea.
(edited 9 years ago)
Yes, and that is by working hard on self improving yourself. Women generally like men who are sure of themselves and have direction in their lives.

Confronting someone (if this is the point that you are trying to get) solves nothing. If anything it gives her more of a reason not to be with you.

If you don't confront someone you can't overturn their objections. Like......

"I don't like the fact you smoke" for example, if you don't ask you don't get. Btw you can't improve or change if you don't know what to change,lol. Hence the probing of the individual in question, "no recon work", no ***** - fact. Improving your own self is subjective, because people want to see want they want, so in fact you could be in a worser position afterwards. So therefore you really need to ask the questions as to why they might find you attractive.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by fat_hobbit
This thread keeps on setting the anon feature automatically.

You what?

I haven't spoken to nerd2 for like a year, and when I did it was about the NBA. Don't know why you keep bringing him up.

It happens because you like to post things anonymously, i don't see the point of even doing it.
Original post by jam278
You being serious here?

Girl asks him via text to tell her whats up, pressures him to tell her. He tells her and he gets no response for over 2 days, while sending snapchats etc so to show she clearly has time to talk to him. She only responds to him the day before she has to meet him, meaning that she actually didn't give the text much thought until she realised she had to respond to it.

We'll see how she feels.

I think paradoxicalme just doesn't like how the girl the OP is describing is being ripped apart - because she is a girl as well.
If you don't confront someone you can't overturn their objections. Like......

"I don't like the fact you smoke" for example, if you don't ask you don't get. Btw you can't improve or change if you don't know what to change,lol. Hence the probing of the individual in question, "no recon work", no ***** - fact. Improving your own self is subjective, because people want to see want they want, so in fact you could be in a worser position afterwards. So therefore you really need to ask the questions as to why they might find you attractive.

Point 1:

Well the OP asked her out, indirectly, didn't he? So what's your point?

Point 2:

Which is why you will attract people who are similar to you.

With that said, if you have real status, like David Beckham, do you think it will hurt your chances with women - no it will increase them generally. Beckham wasn't born with that status or fame, he worked really hard at it.

That Columbian guy, James Rodriguez - since the World Cup all the girls on my facebook are crazy about him, do you think they would act that way if he was a window cleaner?
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending