The Student Room Group

Why don't US leaders lay it on the line?

http://www.ibtimes.com/germany-arrests-bnd-employee-double-agent-spying-us-1619748

Germany has arrested an employee of the German Federal Intelligence Agency (BND) for alleged spying on behalf of the United States, the German Federal Prosecutor's office said.

Why does Uncle Sam act just like a peeper? Has he ever called a spade a spade?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Every country in the world spies on every other. It's just unlucky for the US that it was the one caught in the act on this occasion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Arbolus
Every country in the world spies on every other. It's just unlucky for the US that it was the one caught in the act on this occasion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So we're pretending to be friends? Actually, we don't trust each other? It's time to say goodbye to true peace? WoW... True friendship doesn't really exist.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by skunkboy
So we're pretending to be friends? Actually, we don't trust each other? It's time to say goodbye to true peace? WoW... True friendship doesn't really exist.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Serious question:

How are you so naïve? Of course we and the USA spy on Germany, just like how the Germans spy on us. The USA spy on us too. How are you surprised by this? :s
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why would you have friendship in international politics? At the end of the day nations look out for themselves and throughout history the only thing that has held countries together is mutual interest. That might be somewhat changing now, though slowly.
Reply 5
Original post by the mezzil
Serious question:

How are you so naïve? Of course we and the USA spy on Germany, just like how the Germans spy on us. The USA spy on us too. How are you surprised by this? :s

Lol. The same question to you... How are you so naive? Have you ever studied history?

That means all of agreements between countries are just pieces of trash? Meaningless? We don't trust each other so we should spy on each other,right? Who cares about peace treaties or about peace talks? They're just fairy tales for little kids? WoW!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Aj12
Why would you have friendship in international politics? At the end of the day nations look out for themselves and throughout history the only thing that has held countries together is mutual interest. That might be somewhat changing now, though slowly.

Have you ever read this?

"A nation's hope of lasting peace cannot be firmly based upon any race in armaments but rather upon just relations and honest understanding with all other nations."

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron. ... Is there no other way the world may live?"

-Eisenhower-

You and those big leaders don't want lasting peace? It's impossible?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7

Oh yes, Ike, the guy who got out of the Korean war by threatening to nuke them, and who refused to apologise for U2 spy planes because they were vital to US defense... great source to call upon.

Are you so naive that you think politicians always tell the truth to the public? Spies are an unfortunate reality, just as war is. The world would be better without them, but it's quite a long way off.

Edit: Also, is there a reason for your capitalisation of WoW? Because unless you mean World of Warcraft, it's all lowercase.
Recently Angel Merkel received an award from the ADL.ADL of course claim to be fighting anti-semtiism, when in reality they are simply there to silence those who speak truth to power.Not only that they're known for promoting multiculturalism, race mixing of white people.Anyone who receives awards from those Jewish supremacists is not a friend of the German people or any other white people.
Lol. The same question to you... How are you so naive? Have you ever studied history?

That means all of agreements between countries are just pieces of trash? Meaningless? We don't trust each other so we should spy on each other,right? Who cares about peace treaties or about peace talks? They're just fairy tales for little kids? WoW!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I study the subject.

And spying does not mean and end to peace? Its like how women stalk their friends on social media sites, just because they "spy" on them, it does not mean they aren't friends.

Moreover, who says we will be allies with the USA or Germany in 5 years time? You do realise the USA has invasion plans for us too? Its not a "secret", just do some digging.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by lerjj
Oh yes, Ike, the guy who got out of the Korean war by threatening to nuke them, and who refused to apologise for U2 spy planes because they were vital to US defense... great source to call upon.

Are you so naive that you think politicians always tell the truth to the public? Spies are an unfortunate reality, just as war is. The world would be better without them, but it's quite a long way off.

Edit: Also, is there a reason for your capitalisation of WoW? Because unless you mean World of Warcraft, it's all lowercase.

1. You're against Eisenhower? You don't like lasting peace? You prefer wars?

2. Politicians are not supposed to tell the truth? They should behave just like Pinocchio? And their voters want them to lie every day? Where do they live? In the third world?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Yes I study the subject.

And spying does not mean and end to peace? Its like how women stalk their friends on social media sites, just because they "spy" on them, it does not mean they aren't friends.

Moreover, who says we will be allies with the USA or Germany in 5 years time? You do realise the USA has invasion plans for us too? Its not a "secret", just do some digging.

Posted from TSR Mobile

1."There is nothing more dreadful than distrust. Distrust separates people. It is a poison that disintegrates friendships and breaks up pleasant relations. It is a thorn that irritates and hurts; it is a sword that kills."

- Gautama Buddha-

If people in your family don't trust each other, there would be peace in your home?

2. US has invasion plans? Lmao. Okay, stop joking. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
1."There is nothing more dreadful than distrust. Distrust separates people. It is a poison that disintegrates friendships and breaks up pleasant relations. It is a thorn that irritates and hurts; it is a sword that kills."

- Gautama Buddha-

If people in your family don't trust each other, there would be peace in your home?

2. US has invasion plans? Lmao. Okay, stop joking. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes there would be. Distrust does not equate to violence, but obviously sometimes it does.

http://www.ihr.org/jhr/v12/v12p121_HNAC.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Plan_Red

They were planning for a war with us, 10 years later we were best mates fighting alongside each other.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 13
Yes there would be. Distrust does not equate to violence, but obviously sometimes it does.

http://www.ihr.org/jhr/v12/v12p121_HNAC.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Plan_Red

They were planning for a war with us, 10 years later we were best mates fighting alongside each other.

Where in the universe was I between 1920 and 1930? Whatever. Who cares?

Okay, actually, US army & navy made the plan. And I understand why. But US president & Congress didn't approve of it. So it's just a piece of junk. Do you care about it? Something on your mind?

Thanks for the info. I thought you were joking. Lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Where in the universe was I between 1920 and 1930? Whatever. Who cares?

Okay, actually, US army & navy made the plan. And I understand why. But US president & Congress didn't approve of it. So it's just a piece of junk. Do you care about it? Something on your mind?

Thanks for the info. I thought you were joking. Lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No it goes shows how things can change so quickly. As I said, nothing is certain. How do you know we will still be allies with the USA in 5 years time?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 15
1. You're against Eisenhower? You don't like lasting peace? You prefer wars?

2. Politicians are not supposed to tell the truth? They should behave just like Pinocchio? And their voters want them to lie every day? Where do they live? In the third world?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you joking? I can't tell whether you're insanely naive or whether you're just a troll.

I don't know that much about Eisenhower to be honest, what I do know of him I'm not the biggest fan of to be honest, but that's not really the point. One quote taken out of context from him is in no way 'proof' that he's against spying. Considering he publicly declared US spies to be of the utmost importance to their defence strategy.

Politicians are supposed to tell the truth. They don't. I never said that they shouldn't tell the truth, and your (hopefully mock) outrage is a straw man. The third world is actually a cold war term to refer to countries not allied with the US (1st world) or the Soviet bloc (2nd world). I'm not really sure why you've brought it up, politicians lie everywhere, they get elected based on how well they come across- of course they're going to lie. Some lie a little, others lie a lot. I don't understand how you don't get this.
Reply 16
No it goes shows how things can change so quickly. As I said, nothing is certain. How do you know we will still be allies with the USA in 5 years time?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Of all Uncle Sam's friends, who's the closest? It's not UK? What if Uncle Sam lose the closest friend? Terrorists will be delighted & stronger? US & UK will be safer? So US & UK should trust each other? They should spy on each other?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by lerjj
Are you joking? I can't tell whether you're insanely naive or whether you're just a troll.

I don't know that much about Eisenhower to be honest, what I do know of him I'm not the biggest fan of to be honest, but that's not really the point. One quote taken out of context from him is in no way 'proof' that he's against spying. Considering he publicly declared US spies to be of the utmost importance to their defence strategy.

Politicians are supposed to tell the truth. They don't. I never said that they shouldn't tell the truth, and your (hopefully mock) outrage is a straw man. The third world is actually a cold war term to refer to countries not allied with the US (1st world) or the Soviet bloc (2nd world). I'm not really sure why you've brought it up, politicians lie everywhere, they get elected based on how well they come across- of course they're going to lie. Some lie a little, others lie a lot. I don't understand how you don't get this.

Okay, thanks for your responses. If you think I may be a troll or too naive to talk to, just ignore me. It's not hard to quit replying to me, right? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Of all Uncle Sam's friends, who's the closest? It's not UK? What if Uncle Sam lose the closest friend? Terrorists will be delighted & stronger? US & UK will be safer? So US & UK should trust each other? They should spy on each other?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whether you approve of it is irrelevant. The fact is it occurs. We spy on the USA, France, Germany et al. They spy on us. There is no such thing as a gentleman's agreement.
Reply 19
Okay, thanks for your responses. If you think I may be a troll or too naive to talk to, just ignore me. It's not hard to quit replying to me, right? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Right. (BTW, I do agree that lying and war is bad,but yeah... anyway......)

:goodnight:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending