The Student Room Group

How many UMS points will I need to achieve an A? Anyone good at arithmetic?

For the subject in question, I received 154 UMS points out of a total of 200 at AS-Level, i.e. 77%, a B.
A2 is also worth a total of 200 UMS.
My A2 coursework was worth 40% of A2-level (therefore 20% of the entire A-level). I achieved 77/80, which is 96% of the module. How much do I have to get in my exams, which are worth 60% of A2-level and therefore 30% of the entire A-level, in order to get an a A grade?

I've already done my exams by the way, but I can't get over it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by thefailure
For the subject in question, I received 154 UMS points out of a total of 200 at AS-Level, i.e. 77%, a B.
My A2 coursework was worth 40% of A2-level (therefore 20% of the entire A-level). I achieved 77/80, which is 96% of the module. How much do I have to get in my exams, which are worth 60% of A2-level and therefore 30% of the entire A-level, in order to get an a A grade?

Hey, is the 77/80 in UMS? :smile:

Edit: I think it must be :smile: right, so at the moment you have 231 UMS, and for an A you need 320/400, meaning you need 89 UMS :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Changing Skies
Hey, is the 77/80 in UMS? :smile:

Edit: I think it must be :smile: right, so at the moment you have 231 UMS, and for an A you need 320/400, meaning you need 89 UMS :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh thanks, 89/120 x 100 = 74% in my exams...so a B.
I hope I get the marks.
Oh thanks, 89/120 x 100 = 74% in my exams...so a B.
I hope I get the marks.

Yep :biggrin: I hope so too! What subject is this for? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4

Assuming that your coursework mark isn't changed by moderation (and the raw to UMS conversion doesn't change) then you already have 154+77=231UMS out of a possible 280. To get an A overall you need 320/400, so another (320-231)=89 out of the 120 in the remaining unit. That's a high B.
Original post by Changing Skies
Yep :biggrin: I hope so too! What subject is this for? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Looks to me like English Lit?
Original post by paradoxicalme

Very true, could also be history :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by paradoxicalme

Could be English lit, English Lang, Media, History....

Quick Reply

Latest