The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hello101010
damn that's brutal

Hardly brutal when you consider the things he has said to me in the past :tongue:

I'm only being honest; everybody knows we don't get along.
But arsenal fan or not, he knows what he's talking about, even if people don't want to hear it.
Original post by C.Almasy
Huh? Pardon the ignorance.

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
haha, feels good man. we're talking about a people here who reclaimed 50% of the land from the sea without modern technology, like it was nothing. After finishing conquering nature it was time to start playing some football on the side :cool:

I find it so hard to fully get behind Netherlands because of posts like this.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
I find it so hard to fully get behind Netherlands because of posts like this.

Completely understandable, the Dutch are shockingly poor winners in all honesty and the team is heaving with grade A *******s.

There will be no charm or humility in victory, just Robben sneering and doing the 'hand to ear' celebration thing to the relentless beat of cheesy trance music while De Jong tries to maim Messi with his studs :coma:

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Not big on the posts along the 'sanchez is basically an Arsenal player' lines. Till it's made official I'm not getting too ahead.
(edited 9 years ago)
Instead of Schneiderlin and Khedira what about Luiz Gustavo?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kruz

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very good player, however I think we need more physical presence in midfield. Would have been nice to get him when we were heavily linked last summer, but not for me this summer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9427
Original post by Kruz

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't really understand why we allowed Wolfsburg to hijack the deal last summer :/ he would have been good for us. Thing with Scheiderlin is that 1. He's more defensive out of the three and has that real presence and 2. He'll compliment Ramsey more, and'll allow him to burst forward as he does

Also, he has prem experience so he can literally hit the ground running

I was wondering what everyone would think if these were Arsenals summer signings:

Sanchez
Debuchy
Scheiderlin
A cover GK
A striker/rotation striker

Bearing in mind we got Walcott, Ox, potentially Campbell and.. As much as it makes me laugh to say it but Diaby aswell (hoping this time all injuries are behind him) all returning from injury?
Original post by SHOO
I didn't really understand why we allowed Wolfsburg to hijack the deal last summer :/ he would have been good for us. Thing with Scheiderlin is that 1. He's more defensive out of the three and has that real presence and 2. He'll compliment Ramsey more, and'll allow him to burst forward as he does

Also, he has prem experience so he can literally hit the ground running

I was wondering what everyone would think if these were Arsenals summer signings:

Sanchez
Debuchy
Scheiderlin
A cover GK
A striker/rotation striker

Bearing in mind we got Walcott, Ox, potentially Campbell and.. As much as it makes me laugh to say it but Diaby aswell (hoping this time all injuries are behind him) all returning from injury?

If we get the players you've mentioned, we can't really complain. Wenger would have addressed the areas which needed addressing. Of course if Vermaelen does leave, we'll also need a CB. And let's hope the deals are done before the season starts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nah, I think Damian Martinez has a shot at being number two/Wojciech's understudy, if that doesn't work out there's still Matt Macey and Dejan Iliev

I wonder how the media would react if all four participants of this "Emirates Cup" become Champions League group rivals just weeks later? (I know it won't happen this year)
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9430
Original post by qwerty_mad
If we get the players you've mentioned, we can't really complain. Wenger would have addressed the areas which needed addressing. Of course if Vermaelen does leave, we'll also need a CB. And let's hope the deals are done before the season starts.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, because from last season, I don't think we need a significant amount of talent.. We need to adress the injury situation (which has been done so) and inject a bit more pace into our attack which would naturally be restored with walcotts return.. And would be added to with the arrival of Sanchez & Campbell.

So, if Verm leaves then we'll need to add a CB too but apart from that I think it'll be a good summer if we get the above
Original post by SHOO
Yes, because from last season, I don't think we need a significant amount of talent.. We need to adress the injury situation (which has been done so) and inject a bit more pace into our attack which would naturally be restored with walcotts return.. And would be added to with the arrival of Sanchez & Campbell.

So, if Verm leaves then we'll need to add a CB too but apart from that I think it'll be a good summer if we get the above

I doubt we'll be seeing Campbell in an Arsenal shirt this season - he'll more than likely be sent out on loan again.

Quite happy about the Debuchy talk - solid RB, and £10m~ is a fair price.

If we can wrap up Sanchez, bring in a DM (Khedira's been mentioned a fair bit), a GK and CB if TV5 leaves, we'll have done some excellent work.

Szcz
Debuchy Mert Kos Gibbs
Ramsey DM
Walcott Ozil OX
Sanchez
Reply 9432
Original post by Stalin
I doubt we'll be seeing Campbell in an Arsenal shirt this season - he'll more than likely be sent out on loan again.

Quite happy about the Debuchy talk - solid RB, and £10m~ is a fair price.

If we can wrap up Sanchez, bring in a DM (Khedira's been mentioned a fair bit), a GK and CB if TV5 leaves, we'll have done some excellent work.

Szcz
Debuchy Mert Kos Gibbs
Ramsey DM
Walcott Ozil OX
Sanchez

As much as I want it to happen, I don't think Ox will be played on the left.

For some reason, Wenger doesn't do that anymore.. I remember he did a few times, namely when we trashed I think soton 6-0? And he was excellent then :/ but Wenger sees him playing in the centre and that's where I think the Ox would like to play too :/ sad really, he's an excellent winger.

Also, I have a feeling Sanchez may be put on the left? So..

Szcz
Debuchy Mert Kos Gibbs
Ramsey Schiederlin/Khadera
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Giroud

Maybe, for rotation he may be played up top?
If we do miss out on Sanchez (which wouldn't be surprising) who would you like to see? Who even is there? I'm not too keen on Mandzukic tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Shiiit we're close to the next thread
Original post by SHOO

For some reason, Wenger doesn't do that anymore.. I remember he did a few times, namely when we trashed I think soton 6-0? And he was excellent then :/ but Wenger sees him playing in the centre and that's where I think the Ox would like to play too :/ sad really, he's an excellent winger.

Szcz
Debuchy Mert Kos Gibbs
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Giroud

That MF looks awesome, we'll tear some teams up in the way Liverpool did last season. If only we had someone more ruthless and better than Giroud up top...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
Shiiit we're close to the next thread

Haha! Even the off-season hasn't stopped us!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9437
Original post by PGtips
We don't need a proper DM who sits deep and just protects the back four. A super Arteta would be good enough, Khedira could easily play that role. Khedira can do a good job at DM if he is asked to, he's done it many times for Madrid and earlier in his career. He would be a solid addition to the team and very useful for counter attacking.

I disagree personally. If your gonna have a fairly weak team around the midfield area (strength wise) need somebody who is purely there to break up play forcefully. Also considering your likely to play a 4-2-3-1 formation and the DM is next to Ramsey/Wilshere who both go forward, having someone like Khedira will just mean your defence is exposed. Don't think counter attacking is even the problem tbh considering you got Walcott, Ozil and Chamberlain, and you guys like to control possession anyway so your game is more focused on build up play towards the oppositions goal.

Why did Gustavo go to Wolsfburg? Did you guys just not go in for him or something? Seems baffling really he went on the cheap and was a player that you needed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qwerty_mad

Mandzukic would've been a great acquisition.
Original post by SHOO

Szcz
Debuchy Mert Kos Gibbs
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Giroud

The problem with that line up, and that is ignoring the fact I don't think you'll get Sanchez or Khedira personally (although you have a decent shout with Sanchez), that will rarely be an available 11 IMO.

You need alot more depth because I think Ramsey and Walcott will be out for large periods injured. It's something I think you need to be prepared for.

Like with United, there has got to be preparation and acceptance that out of Jones Evans and Smalling, there will be a hell of a lot of periods of the season spent on the side line.

Also lacks that world class 30+ goals a season striker.

Whether Wenger will spend the 20 million for a DM, 25 million + for Sanchez and another 20-30 million on top for a striker remains to be seen.

But that is what you need to do IMO.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest