The Student Room Group

Shall I apply for student finance? Yes/No?

So I'm on a waiting list for medicine and may possibly be given an offer after results day but the chances of that are like 0.0001%

Anyway, say I got in.. I would have no money?

I haven't got a job, my parents wouldn't be able to support me for however many weeks/months student finance take to give your £££

Aside from the waiting list thing, I don't hold any offers and I won't be going into clearing..

Also student finance would want me to send my passport in but I need it for going abroad and they would take ages to send it back.
Reply 1
Original post by letsbehonest
So I'm on a waiting list for medicine and may possibly be given an offer after results day but the chances of that are like 0.0001%

Anyway, say I got in.. I would have no money?

I haven't got a job, my parents wouldn't be able to support me for however many weeks/months student finance take to give your £££

Aside from the waiting list thing, I don't hold any offers and I won't be going into clearing..

Also student finance would want me to send my passport in but I need it for going abroad and they would take ages to send it back.

Start your application for Student Finance and if you don't get offered a place for your medicine course then just withdraw your finance application.

I didn't have to send my passport to Student Finance, they just ask for your passport number and confirm your identity this way.
Original post by OllieDS
Start your application for Student Finance and if you don't get offered a place for your medicine course then just withdraw your finance application.

I didn't have to send my passport to Student Finance, they just ask for your passport number and confirm your identity this way.

I don't have a British passport so they want me to send my passport in
Bit late?
Reply 4

Ring them up and tell them that. They'll be able to give better advice than us lot!

In that case you have the choice between applying now or going on holiday

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending