The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Do you know anyone who got into Kings college London x

Did you or do you know anyone who got into kings without getting the grades, if so, what subject and what grades did they get, please share as I'm lacking any motivation and have no positivity, thanks x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The answer is no.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by zizi.karl
The answer is no.

I have to agree.

Sorry OP but KCL is a very prestigious university and if is unlikely that they will accept people who don't meet the entry requirements unless you have good reasons.
Reply 3
The problem for applicants that don't fulfil the minimum entry requirements is that there are enough candidates for the admissions tutors to select from that do fulfil them.
Seriously, it is really easy to get into. Don't you worry and try to do your best.
Original post by MichelBraga
Seriously, it is really easy to get into. Don't you worry and try to do your best.

I disagree.
Original post by Melon girl
I disagree.

I respect your opinion, but your course may have a bigger demand than the one I was accepted to.

It is not the same thing for all courses, but generally, you don't have to beg to get into King's with lower grades. I know one UK student and 3 International ones that were in the same position as the OP and they all managed to get accepted with lower grades.
Reply 7
My offer for law is A*AA, I think I at least have A*ABB, would KCL let me in with that?
Reply 8
I have to agree.

Sorry OP but KCL is a very prestigious university and if is unlikely that they will accept people who don't meet the entry requirements unless you have good reasons.

Haha the professors at my uni call it "The Polytechnic on the Strand". So prestigious.
Original post by Jam'
Haha the professors at my uni call it "The Polytechnic on the Strand". So prestigious.

Thats a bit mean, considering the fact that KCL usually holds its own when compared to other unis
Original post by Jam'

After Oxbridge, Imperial, UCL, LSE, St Andrews, Durham and maybe Warwick, KCL does a good job, it's not the crème de la crème, but it's surely a great uni.
I have to agree.

being very prestigious would suggest they are actually very prestigious - which they're not

quite a few people on TSR have been let into KCL after missing their offer by 1 grade
Don't worry, just contact admissions.

I find it interesting that people on here are stating their opinions about KCL like they are facts. LSE can have more blah blah blah than KCL and UCL may do blah blah blah differently than KCL but that does not mean in the general sense that one is better than the other. When you say UCL, LSE, Warwick etc is better than KCL, that is based on your own individual expectations and should not be used as general facts.

For example, I am beyond thrilled that I got in my program of choice because it is a well-known program in my field of interest and it has everything I need to pursue the career of my dreams. Someone else who looks at the same program with different career aspirations may find something else that fits their needs better at another university, but that does not discredit the program from being a good program.

King's is a good university compared to hundreds of others in the world. It may not be Oxford, but don't discredit a university's prestige because it does not fit your definition of the word. The fact that a student can have access to impactful academic experiences and great career resources on a level that surpasses many universities around the world is reason enough to believe that KCL is just as great as LSE, UCL and the others.
I've been quoted a few times, regardless, I believe KCL is a very prestigious university and one of the best in England, especially in London. So I believe if an offer is missed by a grade maybe you may be accepted, but it isn't the type of university to just accept anyone.

Also, let's try not to get off topic as I believe the OP is still waiting for answers aha.
Reply 14
I've been quoted a few times, regardless, I believe KCL is a very prestigious university and one of the best in England, especially in London. So I believe if an offer is missed by a grade maybe you may be accepted, but it isn't the type of university to just accept anyone.

Also, let's try not to get off topic as I believe the OP is still waiting for answers aha.

Kings was in clearing 2 or 3 years ago if I remember correctly.
Just throwing it out there.

OP,don't spend too much time stressing over it 'cause there's not much you can do anyway. There's a perfectly good chance they'll still take you either way if the rest of your application requirements suffice. You didn't mention the course you're applying for-if there's an entrance exam (i.e. LNAT;UKCAT) I know the uni places lots of emphasis on that.So they might just go over your score over there, to make a decision
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by P357
Kings was in clearing 2 or 3 years ago if I remember correctly.
Just throwing it out there.

OP,don't spend too much time stressing over it 'cause there's not much you can do anyway. There's a perfectly good chance they'll still take you either way if the rest of your application requirements suffice. You didn't mention the course you're applying for-if there's an entrance exam (i.e. LNAT;UKCAT) I know the uni places lots of emphasis on that.So they might just go over your score over there, to make a decision

So what if it was in Clearing? I don't get it?
Reply 16
So what if it was in Clearing? I don't get it?

Ultra-prestigious universities don't usually end up there.
Reply 17
Original post by MichelBraga
I respect your opinion, but your course may have a bigger demand than the one I was accepted to.

It is not the same thing for all courses, but generally, you don't have to beg to get into King's with lower grades. I know one UK student and 3 International ones that were in the same position as the OP and they all managed to get accepted with lower grades.

Hi Michel, I suspect this one's a would-be undergrad. Admissions at this level are a very different ball game, with a much larger applicant pool. I wouldn't understate the the difficulty of King's, but it's certainly not out of reach if you meet the basic requirements.
Reply 18
I also have firmed kings and am worried I may have a more likely chance of getting A* AB than the required AAA
However I did ask the admissions woman when I went to kings on the offer holders day and she said last year a few AAB were excepted and so was a few A*AB she said it's different every year but with A*AB I can be confident but not certain

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Eve Joy
Hi Michel, I suspect this one's a would-be undergrad. Admissions at this level are a very different ball game, with a much larger applicant pool. I wouldn't understate the the difficulty of King's, but it's certainly not out of reach if you meet the basic requirements.

Perhaps, my experience and the one of all those 4 friends is for a postgrad course.

But, in my case, my course had almost 10 applicants per place, so there's a reasonable demand, but since I have a strong background, I was accepted, even with a lower grade than other applicants.

Therefore, based on my experience with its admissions policy, I believe KCL can still accept the OP.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest