The Student Room Group

Told a friend I like her.....

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fat_hobbit
Point 1:

Well the OP asked her out, indirectly, didn't he? So what's your point?

Point 2:

Which is why you will attract people who are similar to you.

With that said, if you have real status, like David Beckham, do you think it will hurt your chances with women - no it will increase them generally. Beckham wasn't born with that status or fame, he worked really hard at it.

Its like asking for a girlfriend, your not specifying further needs.... asking more questions to specific things you need to know to develop a chemistry and bond. You can't get someone to be emotionally dependent on you if you don't make them reliant you, so the more information the better.

Status and fame is one thing. But we are all human beings at the end of the day, we have the ability to communicate and relate to people. There is no reason why two different people from two entirely different backgrounds can't get together. Everyone has fears and objections, if you reassure someone that is half the battle. Even if its small things "oh my mum might not like you". That is where asking questions and giving them positive feedback enhances your odds.

Btw rodriguez was a pin up before the world cup....he was £40mill before at porto to monaco... Bad example. He is a pretty boy from day one.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SloaneRanger
Its like asking for a girlfriend, your not specifying further needs.... asking more questions to specific things you need to know to develop a chemistry and bond. You can't get someone to be emotionally dependent on you if you don't make them reliant you, so the more information the better.

Status and fame is one thing. But we are all human beings at the end of the day, we have the ability to communicate and relate to people. There is no reason why two different people from two entirely different backgrounds can't get together. Everyone has fears and objections, if you reassure someone that is half the battle.

I highlighted that point when I was arguing with nomes. I.e. Relationships are based on need, and in this case the reason why it probably didn't work out is because she knew that he needed her more then she needed him, so used the opportunity to use the guy for a quick ego boost..

That's why he has to draw the line, and go no contact.

You are just repeating what I have said.

Btw rodriguez was a pin up before the world cup....he was £40mill before at porto to monaco... Bad example. He is a pretty boy from day one.

Yeah and the world cup has amplified his status.

So many pretty boys at the world cup, dont see them getting the same attention.
I highlighted that point when I was arguing with nomes. I.e. Relationships are based on need, and in this case the reason why it probably didn't work out is because she knew that he needed her more then she needed him, so used the opportunity to use the guy for a quick ego boost..

That's why he has to draw the line, and go no contact.

You are just repeating what I have said.

Thats not about need its about overcoming an objection. Like whatever comes out a girls mouth you need to be prepared to give a positive objection, whether its true or not. Forget the need, if a girl says you have bad career prospects, its for you to lie your way through or make it look better then it is,lol. You can't tell what someone is thinking without asking them, hence "recon work". Nothing to do with needs, its subjective, you can pretend they are there without them being there. Its about reassurance, so many guys have relationships built on sand.
Original post by Anonymous

You don't read a newspaper of follow sport enough he was £45 million for monaco, he was already sort after at porto and over the continent. Like years ago and yes he did, i don't know what you have been watching. Yeah you do, cristiano ronaldo? neymar? He was still massive all over europe and south america. The world is bigger then england.
Thats not about need its about overcoming an objection. Like whatever comes out a girls mouth you need to be prepared to give a positive objection, whether its true or not. Forget the need, if a girl says you have bad career prospects, its for you to lie your way through or make it look better then it is,lol. You can't tell what someone is thinking without asking them, hence "recon work". Nothing to do with needs, its subjective, you can pretend they are there without them being there. Its about reassurance, so many guys have relationships built on sand.

Faking it till you make it to impress someone else.

So you are qualifying yourself to her because that is what she wants - it is a need/requirement that she looks for when dating a guy. In this case, she wants a guy who has good career prospects, which is why you have resorted to lying. (Btw I would never do that, because I am a strong minded guy)

What is your point?
You don't read a newspaper of follow sport enough he was £45 million for monaco, he was already sort after at porto and over the continent. Like years ago and yes he did, i don't know what you have been watching. Yeah you do, cristiano ronaldo? neymar? He was still massive all over europe and south america. The world is bigger then england.

Well you know what, a lot of these women on my facebook are crazy about him since the media have started going bang on about him. After that brazil game I was seeing a **** load about status updates about him and not Neymer because he has been labelled as the darling of the world cup. I never saw these same girls going bang on about him in the group stages.

The point I am making, media influences perception - if you develop status like that, it will help your chances big time. He is a good looking guy I agree - so he probably would have got girls anyway, but you can't go around acting like this hurts his chances or has no effect.

To quote peter crouch, when asked what he would be if he wasn't a footballer:

"I would be a virgin"
(edited 9 years ago)
Faking it till you make it to impress someone else.

So you are qualifying yourself to her because that is what she wants - it is a need/requirement that she looks for when dating a guy. In this case, she wants a guy who has good career prospects, which is why you have resorted to lying. (Btw I would never do that, because I am a strong minded guy)

What is your point?

Its a very grey and subjective area, its not lying people want to see and believe what they feel is right. Whats good for one person maybe not good for the other. That is why as individuals you need to find out what is right for that person, hence asking the questions. Otherwise you will be in constant rejection, this is how you got that kid the rejection with the russian girl.
Well you know what, a lot of these women on my facebook are crazy about him since the media have started going bang on about him. After that brazil game I was seeing a **** load about status updates about him and not Neymer because he has been labelled as the darling of the world cup. I never saw these same girls going bang on about him in the group stages.

The point I am making, media influences perception - if you develop status like that, it will help your chances big time. He is a good looking guy I agree - so he probably would have got girls anyway, but you can't go around acting like this hurts his chances or has no effect.

They need to read a newspaper hes been married for like 4 years and hes 22 has two kids. Proper religious christian too, good guy married his team mates sister.
Its a very grey and subjective area, its not lying people want to see and believe what they feel is right. Whats good for one person maybe not good for the other. That is why as individuals you need to find out what is right for that person, hence asking the questions. Otherwise you will be in constant rejection, this is how you got that kid the rejection with the russian girl.

So why did you say this:

"Forget the need, if a girl says you have bad career prospects, its for you to lie your way through or make it look better then it is,lol. "

You are contradicting yourself now.

Why can't you be honest with her?

You don't read any foreign newspapers, start with das bild tell me who they are talking about as he's brad pitt. You can use google translator.
They need to read a newspaper hes been married for like 4 years and hes 22 has two kids. Proper religious christian too, good guy married his team mates sister.

You are missing the point.

He was playing in the world cup before that Brazil game, he only got attention once the media branded him as the "darling of the world cup".

Things like this help men. Women like dating men who they admire. In this case they admire James for not only his looks but the way he is perceived by the masses. That is value.

Ever heard the expression:

"he is a catch"
(edited 9 years ago)
So why did you say this:

"Forget the need, if a girl says you have bad career prospects, its for you to lie your way through or make it look better then it is,lol. "

You are contradicting yourself now.

Why can't you be honest with her?

Your not looking at the need, because you can't change your status from being a peasant to a millionaire overnight. All your doing is polishing up the fact you could be self sustainable, shining it up a little bit, that isn't lying at all. Thats positioning yourself in e best possible way. You cost that kid with the hat the russian!
You don't read any foreign newspapers, start with das bild tell me who they are talking about as he's brad pitt. You can use google translator.

Yeah well , my mates on facebook are really into him now, I am sure the World cup has helped. It happened after the Brazil game.
(edited 9 years ago)
Your not looking at the need, because you can't change your status from being a peasant to a millionaire overnight. All your doing is polishing up the fact you could be self sustainable, shining it up a little bit, that isn't lying at all. Thats positioning yourself in e best possible way. You cost that kid with the hat the russian!

If she likes you for who you are, why should it matter what you do for a living?

A bit shallow and superficial dont you think?
If she likes you for who you are, why should it matter what you do for a living?

A bit shallow and superficial dont you think?

Your going to end up very alone and old or with someone less desirable if you continue like that because you need read darwin's theory of evolution. That is the question who are you? What makes the man, an incredibly grey and subjective area. Tell that to them, you should read what ive just seen off your prodigy fb this morning, couldn't stop laughing.

BTW If you want a better example then James Rodriguez btw, Pete Doherty. He dated Kate Moss, you think his fame didn't help?
Your going to end up very alone and old or with someone less desirable if you continue like that because you need read darwin's theory of evolution. That is the question who are you? What makes the man, an incredibly grey and subjective area. Tell that to them, you should read what ive just seen off your prodigy fb this morning, couldn't stop laughing.

You are arguing with me that it is not based on superficial needs, when I am telling you it matters. A lot of women have a lot of men after them, so they size each man up based on their criteria - and you have just proved my point which is why you would resort to lying to fit it.

I don't know why you are arguing with me over this.
BTW If you want a better example then James Rodriguez btw, Pete Doherty. He dated Kate Moss, you think his fame didn't help?

Pete Doherty.

Attachment not found

Kate Moss:

(edited 9 years ago)
You are arguing with me that it is not based on superficial needs, when I am telling you it matters. A lot of women have a lot of men after them, so they size each man up based on their criteria - and you have just proved my point which is why you would resort to lying to fit it.

I don't know why you are arguing with me over this.

Its not superficial because its already there, its like the kid with the hat, its there, its just a matter of whether its red/blue or whatever colour. Its a statement of fact, he doesn't size up, he isn't lying.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending