The Student Room Group

TSR Turkish Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lNurl
Yeah...

Basically my parents told me I have like 10 people interested in me... I was shocked...now they will shortlist few and let me decide.... I wanna cry.... Its so not how I wanted it to be......

Remember you can say no to these ppl ur parents will understand- at the end of the day they want whats best for you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lNurl
Yeah...

Basically my parents told me I have like 10 people interested in me... I was shocked...now they will shortlist few and let me decide.... I wanna cry.... Its so not how I wanted it to be......

Aw :frown: have you talked to your parents about it? :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Merhabaa!

I'm not turkish but I just popped in to say how beautiful I think turkish people are! :love:

MashaAllah :wink:
Original post by lNurl
Yeah...

I just want to say, sorry for being a bit of an ass in my other response to this. It's quite a serious situation, but I'm sure your parents have your best interests at heart. It sounds like you're not ready for such a change in your life, (how old are your Nurl?). Have you had a real heart to heart about it with your parents about this? I generally find talking to them at the same time is less effective than talking to my mum or dad individually. :hugs:
Original post by ihateusernames
Remember you can say no to these ppl ur parents will understand- at the end of the day they want whats best for you

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess so, yes I can say No, but my dad has this thingy when he gets excited, and receives No, he will get sad and angry.

Original post by rosewater1
Aw :frown: have you talked to your parents about it? :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

They said they "we" will talk about that after the shortlist. In general we talked about marriage, and boys previously as there was someone interested in me 2 years ago too (through parents), and I openly told my 'preferences' and indicated that I'm not ready yet.

Original post by hollywoodbudgie
I just want to say, sorry for being a bit of an ass in my other response to this. It's quite a serious situation, but I'm sure your parents have your best interests at heart. It sounds like you're not ready for such a change in your life, (how old are your Nurl?). Have you had a real heart to heart about it with your parents about this? I generally find talking to them at the same time is less effective than talking to my mum or dad individually. :hugs:

Dont worry about your other comment :smile: I knew it was a joke...
I'm almost 23, and in 10 days I'm graduating. And I have full time job too.
As I am not officially allowed to date, and already finished the university, my parents feel responsible to hook me with someone.
The thing is I don't know how my parents think but I told them I'm not gonna get engaged to someone without seeing them, spending time with them, because engagement is a big thing.
I'm in my probation at work, and its 12 weeks one, they know I won't be able to take holidays during that time, and I'm not gonna drop the job, but still keep saying if this summer 'hayırlı iş' (meaning my engagement) happens, then I can go for 2-3 days.

They don't know yet, I will say no way I'm coming for 3 days get engaged and come back :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by lNurl
I
As I am not officially allowed to date, and already finished the university, my parents feel responsible to hook me with someone

This is the kind of parent logic fail that I've never understood.
You're not allowed a boyfriend. Then when you're past 20 it's,’ so when are you getting engaged?’ :facepalm:

Thankfully my parents aren't like that (I’m 22). I think they still see me as too immature to be successful in any relationship.

(But I haven't been single for years. :teehee: )

Whilst your parents want your best for you, it’s important to remember that a lot of their beliefs are based off the relics from their own time. This tends to be more apparent in first and second generation immigrant parent-child relationships. :tongue:
Original post by Secretnerd123
Merhabaa!

I'm not turkish but I just popped in to say how beautiful I think turkish people are! :love:

MashaAllah :wink:

why thank you! i think i am beautiful as well....
Well he might not be happy at first but hel come round if you explain how ur feeling. Commubication is key obviously it might b an awkward convo for u so y not speak to ur mum about it first. Also remember if u do end up liking the look of someone make sure u have a long engagement period -at least 1 yr. U can never know someone truwly but at least ul have a. Rough idea of what hes like (hopefully)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheGameOfScience

Hahah i'm sure you are! :biggrin:
Well he might not be happy at first but hel come round if you explain how ur feeling. Commubication is key obviously it might b an awkward convo for u so y not speak to ur mum about it first. Also remember if u do end up liking the look of someone make sure u have a long engagement period -at least 1 yr. U can never know someone truwly but at least ul have a. Rough idea of what hes like (hopefully)

Posted from TSR Mobile

They know I don't mind looks, as you mentioned, I'm more interested in mentality and character of the person. I want someone open minded, but my dad is looking for someone conservative, someone like him. I know I cannot live a week that kind of person. Dad is enough :smile: I cannot bear one more... And if that person is similar to my age, I will not hold back and will argue.

Hard topic. But I think this summer nothing will happen. No way I will say yes to someone I have never met (or met once or twice). People are good at acting, and I cannot decide to get engaged just for sake of it...
Original post by Secretnerd123
Hahah i'm sure you are! :biggrin:

Original post by lNurl
They know I don't mind looks, as you mentioned, I'm more interested in mentality and character of the person. I want someone open minded, but my dad is looking for someone conservative, someone like him. I know I cannot live a week that kind of person. Dad is enough :smile: I cannot bear one more... And if that person is similar to my age, I will not hold back and will argue.

Hard topic. But I think this summer nothing will happen. No way I will say yes to someone I have never met (or met once or twice). People are good at acting, and I cannot decide to get engaged just for sake of it...

Lolz i meant generally like not just looks that came out srong! Obviously dnt go for someone just cos of looks. But u seem like u know what u want so just dnt let urself be pushed into anything

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pic please and well decide :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pic please and well decide :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

HELLL NAW lol, only if you and ramocito and hwb and inurl and rosewater put a picture of themselves then i will:p:D
HELLL NAW lol, only if you and ramocito and hwb and inurl and rosewater put a picture of themselves then i will:p:D

Were not the ones claiming were beautiful :wink: u made the claim now prpvide us with the evidence

Posted from TSR Mobile

You chickened out of recording your voice, let alone uploading a picture:hand:

Though I do think if members upload a funny picture of themselves, it could spice up the thread a bit. As deputy leader, I'm going to kick off the trend.

This is me:

Spoiler

:smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Hello

Though I do think if members upload a funny picture of themselves, it could spice up the thread a bit. As deputy leader, I'm going to kick off the trend.

This is me:

Spoiler

Yeah pressed all the way through. Nice hair thou... Can I touch?? :biggrin:

i cant believe you still remember that:eek: O_O

This is me:

Spoiler

I guess i am stubborn :O OMG I knew it!! i knew you were an actual budgie in real life:eek: :eek2: :lol: well as leader you did step up, so i might as well continue the trend...

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Were not the ones claiming were beautiful :wink: u made the claim now prpvide us with the evidence

Posted from TSR Mobile

:lol: NOOOOOOO:tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending