The Student Room Group

best vocal remover

downloaded wavosaur but it's terrible - only distorts the vocal - you can still here it

I want to take songs and remove the vocal so I can sing over them, I know there are instrumentals on youtube but a lot of them aren't right- too fast/ too slow plus there aren't instrumentals for less popular songs. I've found an amazing instrumental and I want to remove the vocals from it so I can use it (not to sell) just to use it for myself

can anyone recommend any programmes that I can download?
Have you tried Audacity? There's instructions on the web how to do it.
Reply 2
Original post by xtinalouise
Have you tried Audacity? There's instructions on the web how to do it.

hmm I think I shall give it a try but from what I've heard it only distorts the vocals i.e. the vocals can still be heard
Original post by CasualSoul
hmm I think I shall give it a try but from what I've heard it only distorts the vocals i.e. the vocals can still be heard

I've used audacity before, it's a good program. Can't comment on the vocal remover as I haven't used it before.
Original post by spotify95
I've used audacity before, it's a good program. Can't comment on the vocal remover as I haven't used it before.

I agree Audacity is a good program and for the vocal remover it's not the best but it works pretty well.
Original post by chloe5453
I agree Audacity is a good program and for the vocal remover it's not the best but it works pretty well.

I don't know much about vocal removers, but most of them aren't great. They still tend to leave some of the vocals in.

I think the only way you'll totally remove vocals is via professional equipment.

I needed to remove vocals once, but was left displeased by the vocal remover in Audacity - so just chopped out the part of the song I didn't want - and stuck the rest of it back together again! Still sounds smooth, i.e. you couldn't tell there were any parts of the song removed.

IMO Audacity is a very good program, it certainly does what you need it to do very effectively. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
I don't know much about vocal removers, but most of them aren't great. They still tend to leave some of the vocals in.

I think the only way you'll totally remove vocals is via professional equipment.

I needed to remove vocals once, but was left displeased by the vocal remover in Audacity - so just chopped out the part of the song I didn't want - and stuck the rest of it back together again! Still sounds smooth, i.e. you couldn't tell there were any parts of the song removed.

IMO Audacity is a very good program, it certainly does what you need it to do very effectively. :smile:

woooahh what you did is pretty awesome and its geat that you could not even tell

I think Audacity will be the one for me then :tongue: Is it pretty self explanatory or would you recommend me having a look at a few tutorials on youtube?
woooahh what you did is pretty awesome and its great that you could not even tell

I think Audacity will be the one for me then :tongue: Is it pretty self explanatory or would you recommend me having a look at a few tutorials on youtube?

Well, I certainly couldn't tell (though I don't know whether other people can or not)

Thanks for the feedback! :smile: If you want to make it so that you can remove chunks of song I'll give you some advice, it was pretty hard work to get it right and it took quite a bit of time

Don't know about youtube tutorials as I haven't looked at Youtube for help - I looked on Audacity's help pages and it helped :smile:

But yeah I'd recommend that program. It does have a vocal remover but there are tons of other features on there too, and if you want to totally remove chunks of song without it sounding bodged then you can (though it takes time and practice!)

Unfortunately I can't let you listen to the song I was on about (well what I did to it anyway) as it is larger than the 500KB you're allowed to use as attachments.

PS - the song I was talking about, with the editing out, came on my local radio station just a minute ago. Had to mute the bit out that I didn't want to hear.
Reply 8
Well, I certainly couldn't tell (though I don't know whether other people can or not)

Thanks for the feedback! :smile: If you want to make it so that you can remove chunks of song I'll give you some advice, it was pretty hard work to get it right and it took quite a bit of time

Don't know about youtube tutorials as I haven't looked at Youtube for help - I looked on Audacity's help pages and it helped :smile:

But yeah I'd recommend that program. It does have a vocal remover but there are tons of other features on there too, and if you want to totally remove chunks of song without it sounding bodged then you can (though it takes time and practice!)

Unfortunately I can't let you listen to the song I was on about (well what I did to it anyway) as it is larger than the 500KB you're allowed to use as attachments.

PS - the song I was talking about, with the editing out, came on my local radio station just a minute ago. Had to mute the bit out that I didn't want to hear.

hmm from what you've said it seems to have worked pretty good

luckily I managed to find a nice acoustic instrumental version of what I wanted so I don't have to try and make the instrumental myself. I am definitely going to download Audacity though it seems like it is very good for editing .

Gosh I can imagine these things take ages, I'll definitely follow you then if I need help in the future I know where to come haha. It usually takes me a couple of weeks to do a song though so I don't think it should be for a while now that I've found an instrumental

Do you sing?

Ohh right yes it will probably be better to look at the Audacity page if needed for help.

It seems that there is so much one can do on there even in terms of adding effects loool I should have known about this earlier :colone:

Ohh no worries :smile:

now that is rather hilarious :rofl:
hmm from what you've said it seems to have worked pretty good

luckily I managed to find a nice acoustic instrumental version of what I wanted so I don't have to try and make the instrumental myself. I am definitely going to download Audacity though it seems like it is very good for editing .

Gosh I can imagine these things take ages, I'll definitely follow you then if I need help in the future I know where to come haha. It usually takes me a couple of weeks to do a song though so I don't think it should be for a while now that I've found an instrumental

Do you sing?

Ohh right yes it will probably be better to look at the Audacity page if needed for help.

It seems that there is so much one can do on there even in terms of adding effects loool I should have known about this earlier :colone:

Ohh no worries :smile:

now that is rather hilarious :rofl:

Hi

I'd definitely recommend trying out Audacity, it's a very good program. :smile:

You will need to install the MP3 encoder when you download it also - this will mean your output can be saved in the mp3 format. See here: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help/faq_i18n?s=install&i=lame-mp3

That's good to hear. :smile: I'd recommend the program as it's certainly good for editing. :smile: Some things do indeed take a while, it took about 3-4 hours of time and patience to edit out a 2 second chunk of song! :biggrin:

I don't sing; however I am very interested in music, especially the current music that is out there. :smile:

You can also use Audacity to convert to stereo/mono etc, if that is what is needed. :smile:

If you need any help with Audacity, you can either use the help pages, or you can drop me a quick PM or Email and I'll see if I can help. :smile:

It was certainly weird that the song I was talking about came on. In my opinion the edit was certainly worthwhile. :smile:

Let me know how you get on :smile:
Hi

I'd definitely recommend trying out Audacity, it's a very good program. :smile:

You will need to install the MP3 encoder when you download it also - this will mean your output can be saved in the mp3 format. See here: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help/faq_i18n?s=install&i=lame-mp3

That's good to hear. :smile: I'd recommend the program as it's certainly good for editing. :smile: Some things do indeed take a while, it took about 3-4 hours of time and patience to edit out a 2 second chunk of song! :biggrin:

I don't sing; however I am very interested in music, especially the current music that is out there. :smile:

You can also use Audacity to convert to stereo/mono etc, if that is what is needed. :smile:

If you need any help with Audacity, you can either use the help pages, or you can drop me a quick PM or Email and I'll see if I can help. :smile:

It was certainly weird that the song I was talking about came on. In my opinion the edit was certainly worthwhile. :smile:

Let me know how you get on :smile:

replied to this via PM
replied to this via PM

Ok thanks, saw it :smile:
Reply 12
Spleeter is quality

Also Dylan Tallchief made a website based on Spleeter

Latest