The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sevchenko
Anybody else think Arteta and Rosicky should vacate their numbers?

Why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anybody else think Arteta and Rosicky should vacate their numbers?

Lool, a bit harsh.

Reminds of how Szcz was number 13 for ages because Almunia still had the number one shirt.

Posted from TSR Mobile
rosickys number should be retired

Give some of the younger members of the squad a chance to have their preferred numbers. Plus they are getting on now if we sign a DM they're appearance will be less anyway.

Original post by B-Stacks
Lool, a bit harsh.

Reminds of how Szcz was number 13 for ages because Almunia still had the number one shirt.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Out with the old and in with the new (Signings). tbf they're roles are becoming less and less in the first team. It's only fair they give Ramsey and Ox a chance at a number they want
Reply 9464
Disagree... Rosicky is a player who plays so hard and understands he's a squad player but when called upon you cc can never say he doesn't give it his all.. He deserves to keep the shirt number because of that.
Give some of the younger members of the squad a chance to have their preferred numbers. Plus they are getting on now if we sign a DM they're appearance will be less anyway.

Out with the old and in with the new (Signings). tbf they're roles are becoming less and less in the first team. It's only fair they give Ramsey and Ox a chance at a number they want

No, that's harsh. Unless they voluntarily give it up, we shouldn't do that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9466
Original post by Pete_91
Most of our players got injured in pre-season ffs...

Then we were generally fine until another injury streak at the turn of the year. If the injuries we get are more spread out then we'll be fine I think. Also last season was the worst we've had injury wise for at least 3 seasons.

It's always peak how big players are injured for the big matches. Tbh imo you missed Walcott the most, it's ironic how he gets crocked whereas Giroud has an injury-free season :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qwerty_mad
No, that's harsh. Unless they voluntarily give it up, we shouldn't do that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not force them ffs. I meant they should give their numbers up through their own accord just like Diaby
give #2 to debuchy and #3 to gibbs
So let me get this straight supposedly we get Sanchez do we announce it immediately or wait till July 10th to announce it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kruz
So let me get this straight supposedly we get Sanchez do we announce it immediately or wait till July 10th to announce it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

We'd probably try to announce it with Puma I think
Original post by Zürich
We'd probably try to announce it with Puma I think

Oh ok fair enough. Some journalists are reporting it's a done deal others are saying we're still in talks.
Reply 9472
Would Sanchez be just as big a buy, if not bigger, than Özil?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9473
Original post by FKLW

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't say so, it would be huge and would be a massive statement of intent but I don't think it'll be as big as Ozil's
"But... but... we didn't sign Fabregas..." Where are all those short-sighted ****ers now?
Original post by FKLW

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ozil was bigger as it sort of marked the transition to an era where we can actually spend the big money, arrivals like Sanchez can realistically be expected every summer in all honesty from now on.
Original post by De Chirico
"But... but... we didn't sign Fabregas..." Where are all those short-sighted ****ers now?

You still should have signed him. Chelsea have the league in their pockets.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
You still should have signed him. Chelsea have the league in their pockets.

City still have the better squad, and their defence should improve substantially. Players like Costa/Fabregas are still inferior to Aguero/Silva by some distance. Mourinho will win nothing again next year I bet, hopefully even sacked mid-season in typical chav fashion :coma:
You should use the money you would spend on Sanchez on either a midfield player or striker.
Metro saying 32 mil bid accepted

But it's metro....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest