The Student Room Group

What to wear to college?

Now I know people will think it's silly to be worrying about what to wear - but I'm starting college this year and am wondering what sort of outfits people wear?

I most probably after a few weeks will just give up in caring and making the effort, but I just want to give off a good impression to students and teachers (especially students as I know how judging people my age can get!)

So what are generally the sort of outfits people wear on a day to day basis? It would really help me out!
clothes :P
Reply 2
Original post by 29Bilal96
clothes :P

Knew someone would say that!

Don't worry - I have already decided that would be a good choice!
Reply 3
I assume you're female?

At the moment it is quite hot and rhe female are wearing Denim Shorts then a crop top type thing. In winter they typically wear jeans a t-shirt and hoodie or jumper. Just normal clothes you'd wear everyday.
I suggest wearing whatever you feel comfortable in. For me it was t shirts and jeans

Posted from TSR Mobile
whatever reflects your style and personality. don't make too much an effort if it's not you, but don't downplay to fit in with the other students
Reply 6
uniday bathroom selfiieeee.jpg
IMG00428-20130607-1334.jpg
IMG00432-20130608-1440.jpg
IMG-20120519-00206_1.jpg

I normally wear this kinda thing, but it depends on the weather haha
Reply 7
Thanks everyone!
I think for my college induction on Tuesday I will be most probably wear jeans, but of course it depends on the weather!
To answer your question yes I am female!
See my normal style is things like jeans and band t-shirts, but I do want to make an effort to maybe get out of those the first few weeks - but I'm sure later on it could be a good conversation starter, and I feel like I may discover new friends through that!
Reply 8
Original post by aliceroseew
Thanks everyone!
I think for my college induction on Tuesday I will be most probably wear jeans, but of course it depends on the weather!
To answer your question yes I am female!
See my normal style is things like jeans and band t-shirts, but I do want to make an effort to maybe get out of those the first few weeks - but I'm sure later on it could be a good conversation starter, and I feel like I may discover new friends through that!

Good luck! Just wear that if you are comfortable in. Also, band t-shirts are a great conversation starter!
Reply 9
Most people either wear joggers or jeans, sometimes shorts

Quick Reply

Latest