The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Theoretical physics at UCL and I missed my offer by one point IB

Hello. I got my results today and i realised that i failed to get 666/38 which was my conditional offer
I got 776/37 at the end, 7s from maths and physics HL, but 5s from ITGS and psychology.
Is there still a chance that ill be in? for msci theoretical physics?
Contact the university tomorrow, you exceeded their higher requirements and dropped a point in a probably unrelated subject, just get in touch (or even better would be to get your IB coordinator/head of sixthform to get in touch) and see what they say!

37 is awesome though, I got the same, but i'm sorry to hear you missed out, best of luck!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Only way to know is to ring them up and explain the situation. A friend of mine missed her offer by 3 pts last year and still got the place after talking to them over the phone. Goodluck.
You' be best off asking UCL themselves. They will probably be able to help more than we can. However, (I have no experience of IB or UCL) but a good few universities that I've talked to have said that if you miss an offer for an MSc core they will probably offer you the BSc course and then if you do well in your 1st & 2nd years you can switch back.

Best of luck in any case and congratulations on you results.
Reply 4
Original post by earthtome
Contact the university tomorrow, you exceeded their higher requirements and dropped a point in a probably unrelated subject, just get in touch (or even better would be to get your IB coordinator/head of sixthform to get in touch) and see what they say!

37 is awesome though, I got the same, but i'm sorry to hear you missed out, best of luck!

Im an international applicant tho :smile: and thank you for ur comment. Are you going to UCL?
Reply 5
Original post by barbara95
Only way to know is to ring them up and explain the situation. A friend of mine missed her offer by 3 pts last year and still got the place after talking to them over the phone. Goodluck.

Can I ask which course it was?
Reply 6
Original post by Sparta_Kane
You' be best off asking UCL themselves. They will probably be able to help more than we can. However, (I have no experience of IB or UCL) but a good few universities that I've talked to have said that if you miss an offer for an MSc core they will probably offer you the BSc course and then if you do well in your 1st & 2nd years you can switch back.

Best of luck in any case and congratulations on you results.

Thank you :smile: I will call them tomorrow but im afraid it will be busy :biggrin:
Original post by KorPhysicist
Can I ask which course it was?

Mathematics at Durham
Im an international applicant tho :smile: and thank you for ur comment. Are you going to UCL?

Ah that's awesome! I hope that after you talk to them today they'll understand the situation! And no, I'm going to the University of Sheffield, but I have several friends in your situation and they are just speaking to the unis today!
Reply 9
Original post by earthtome
Ah that's awesome! I hope that after you talk to them today they'll understand the situation! And no, I'm going to the University of Sheffield, but I have several friends in your situation and they are just speaking to the unis today!

Its really depressing that non of the phones i call answered if you dont mind, could i know which number i shell call? :frown: thank you again

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Its really depressing that non of the phones i call answered if you dont mind, could i know which number i shell call? :frown: thank you again

Posted from TSR Mobile

Try emailing.

I would call all the admissions tutors for your course

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending