The Student Room Group

Are my year 9 science results good?

Here are my results in the exams so far.
Interim Physics Exam (Ranking) D+ (I hated this exam)
Core Physics Exam B- (I don’t know how I got a B)
Interim Chemistry Exam D+ (I didn’t revise)
Core Chemistry Exam (Ranking) D+ (I revised on the table)
Interim Biology Exam B+ (I revised so badly)
Next week I will be getting my End of Year exam result, I know I defiantly got a C+ or B and higher.
Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by AngelPhys
No, you need at least 800 A*s to be good.

Oh, well i'm in year 9...
They are pretty good mate.
Keep revising and working hard constantly and you will surely go on to hit them high grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zeetingman
Next week I will be getting my End of Year exam result, I know I defiantly got a C+ or B and higher.
Thanks!

They're a good start! GCSE Science is obviously quite different to KS3. If you like, you could maybe get some GCSE Science books from Amazon or something and have a look at them over the summer to get a bit of a head start :smile:
Original post by Zeetingman
Thanks!

Your results are good :yep: I wouldn't worry about year 9 results though, it doesn't really matter much.
I thought this was going to be another thread saying "I only got 6 A*s and I know it's terrible but did I do okay?". Thank goodness it's not. And your results are a great start - it's only the beginning of GCSEs, so the relevance of these exams will lessen over time, particularly if you do Additional Science (or resit these exams).
Reply 6
Original post by doctorwhofan98
I thought this was going to be another thread saying "I only got 6 A*s and I know it's terrible but did I do okay?". Thank goodness it's not. And your results are a great start - it's only the beginning of GCSEs, so the relevance of these exams will lessen over time, particularly if you do Additional Science (or resit these exams).

Ouch, I started controlled assessments my teacher said they will be sent to the examboard and used for Year11 something like that. I don't understand it much...:confused:
Reply 7
Original post by laylarose
They're a good start! GCSE Science is obviously quite different to KS3. If you like, you could maybe get some GCSE Science books from Amazon or something and have a look at them over the summer to get a bit of a head start :smile:

Well my teachers told me this is GCSE, I did an AQA Higher Exam.
Original post by AlphaNick

old joke is old

Still wildly popular on here.......
Original post by AngelPhys
No, you need at least 800 A*s to be good.

I know right gosh people these days just don't understand
Original post by yellowcopter
I know right gosh people these days just don't understand

Yeah! Pshh these noobs, lol.

Quick Reply

Latest