Oxford Brookes Applicants for September 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
Physiotherapy students?
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Original post by Sarahh2909
Me too ! I haven't received any book list ? I emailed the uni and they said we won't be receiving any info like that u till September, and it's only PGCE Students that have received stuff like that ?

Oh thats odd! Have you applied for halls yet? How are you going in meeting the conditions for your offer aswell? :smile:
Original post by lindars
Oh thats odd! Have you applied for halls yet? How are you going in meeting the conditions for your offer aswell? :smile:

Yeah :/ guess we'll have to wait and see ! .. Yeah I've applied for halls ! So hopefully find out soon :smile: and I've met all my conditions , so my offer is now unconditional ! .. How about u ? :smile:
Yeah :/ guess we'll have to wait and see ! .. Yeah I've applied for halls ! So hopefully find out soon :smile: and I've met all my conditions , so my offer is now unconditional ! .. How about u ? :smile:

I have applied for Westminster, which one have you applied for? It's strange, I'm actually from Oxford and live here already but want to move into halls despite the cost of accommodation! And I applied last year before deferring to this year so I met the conditions last year :smile: So excited to start finding people, it's not long until September now! :biggrin:
Original post by lindars
I have applied for Westminster, which one have you applied for? It's strange, I'm actually from Oxford and live here already but want to move into halls despite the cost of accommodation! And I applied last year before deferring to this year so I met the conditions last year :smile: So excited to start finding people, it's not long until September now! :biggrin:

Yeah I put Westminster as number 1.. And as far as I'm aware if we put that as 1 it doesn't matter what u put as the rest ? .. So fingers crossed we will be in Westminster :smile: .. Arr ok ! I'm from bedford lol so a little way away :smile: it's scary to think that it's coming so fast ! Looking foward to it though !
YES! Are you also under the impression that they try and group teaching students together? Because I'm sure thats what we were told at interview but since have heard mixed messages! Fingers crossed, we should hear soon I think. It is, absolutely! I can't wait!
Original post by lindars
YES! Are you also under the impression that they try and group teaching students together? Because I'm sure thats what we were told at interview but since have heard mixed messages! Fingers crossed, we should hear soon I think. It is, absolutely! I can't wait!

Tbh, I haven't heard about grouping in halls ? I would presume it would be mixed randomly ? But mayb they would try and group us ? .. I work in a school ATM as a TA, end of term is creeping up so fast ! Then it won't be long ! U have any idea on our start date ?
Thats what we were told on our interview, because of the nature of the course they said that it's good to group us for supporting eachother with placements, lesson planning etc. But I hope they do! Oh same! Two weeks tomorrow! Shocking how quickly its coming. Nope, haha, I haven't heard much from them regarding starting :P
Original post by yasmine96
Biomedical Science students anyone?

I'll probably have you for practicals. Part of my programme is 6 hours of undergraduate teaching.
I got my accommodation offer email today! I'll be living in Slade Park. Not my first choice, but I'm happy with it! :smile: Anyone else get the email/living in Slade Park?
Reply 730
Original post by maggiesoares
I got my accommodation offer email today! I'll be living in Slade Park. Not my first choice, but I'm happy with it! :smile: Anyone else get the email/living in Slade Park?

I'm glad you're happy with it! :smile: I got an email yesterday to say that I've been given an offer and it'll be on my page on Monday so I'll find out then :tongue:
Original post by lindars
Thats what we were told on our interview, because of the nature of the course they said that it's good to group us for supporting eachother with placements, lesson planning etc. But I hope they do! Oh same! Two weeks tomorrow! Shocking how quickly its coming. Nope, haha, I haven't heard much from them regarding starting :P

Oh ok ! Would be good if we were grouped together ! .. I know ! I really don't want to leave the school I work at , but guess it will be worth it in the end .. Hopefully we will know stuff like that and reading lists soon ! .. U heard from accomodation yet ??
Oh ok ! Would be good if we were grouped together ! .. I know ! I really don't want to leave the school I work at , but guess it will be worth it in the end .. Hopefully we will know stuff like that and reading lists soon ! .. U heard from accomodation yet ??

Hmmm yeah. Hopefully. No I haven't, have you? :confused:
Original post by lindars
Hmmm yeah. Hopefully. No I haven't, have you? :confused:

Yeah, i got an email Friday saying halls have been assigned and to look on my PIP page Monday to view and accept my offer !
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 734
Hi guys, I'm new postgraduate student,
I have read some previous post and you have talked about book list
do you mean that I can know the list of books I'm going to study? for preparing for example?
How can I get that list?
please help me :smile:
Reply 735

Yeah, i got an email Friday saying halls have been assigned and to look on my PIP page Monday to view and accept my offer !

Hey, Just thought I'd let you guys know that I've just logged into my pip page and my offer is already up there so maybe check whether yours is there too :smile: I am a bit confused though because it's told me what hall I'm in and the total cost of my room for the certain amount of weeks but doesn't mention whether it's en suite, non en suite or even non en suite with a sink... Hopefully it might tell me on Monday or I'll just ring I guess :P
I checked my PIP page, and it showed me the original application as if I'd never filled it in in the first place, which is a little concerning. :/ I emailed the accommodation office, but they won't get back to me for a while. Hopefully it'll be okay by tomorrow, I'm nervous now!
Ahhhh - logged in and my offer for Halls was up there! :O
Clive Booth for me :3 - Very happy with that.

Feels like a weight off my shoulders now I know where I'll be living... :smile:
Reply 738
Original post by KehRawwr
Ahhhh - logged in and my offer for Halls was up there! :O
Clive Booth for me :3 - Very happy with that.

Feels like a weight off my shoulders now I know where I'll be living... :smile:

I'm in Clive Booth too :biggrin: Does yours tell you if you have an en suite or shared bathroom?? Or just the overall cost for the year?
Do NOT apply to Wheatley, it's not great for a social life and to get to town and bars etc it's a taxi/bus ride away. You think it may be cheaper but the cost of travel to clubs/bars/town would equal the same as the total cost of other halls.

I stayed in Cheney and loved it.

Quick Reply

Latest