The Student Room Group

A levels after BTEC

Hi, i wanna know how long does it take to study A levels, i just finished BTEC level2 and level3 takes 2years, so if A levels takes same time i better prefer to do them
Reply 1
Original post by jessiejessiea
Hi, i wanna know how long does it take to study A levels, i just finished BTEC level2 and level3 takes 2years, so if A levels takes same time i better prefer to do them

A levels take 2 years to complete
Reply 2

AS is 1 year, A-level is 2 years.

BTEC Level 3 can take 1,2 or 3 years depending on how many units you take.

Hope this helps.
So to complete full A level it take 3 years?
Yes, but isnt it better to take more units for BTEC to get more points for university?
Sorry, im living in UK just for one year, so i dont know lot about education system here, i thought that BTEC is okay, but i found out that A level is better if i want to study at uni
Reply 4
So to complete full A level it take 3 years?
Yes, but isnt it better to take more units for BTEC to get more points for university?
Sorry, im living in UK just for one year, so i dont know lot about education system here, i thought that BTEC is okay, but i found out that A level is better if i want to study at uni

No it takes 2 years to complete a full A level

AS(1 Year) + A2(1 Year) = A level (2 Years)

A levels are more respected by universities so if you want to go to a top uni you need to study A levels
Reply 5

If you're self teaching, a full a level will take about two months, possibly less if you're prepared to work. If you're doing them with a college or sixth form, you're going to be looking at a couple of years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Trouty97
If you're self teaching, a full a level will take about two months, possibly less if you're prepared to work. If you're doing them with a college or sixth form, you're going to be looking at a couple of years.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! So I can just teach at home and than do exam?
Reply 7
Thanks! So I can just teach at home and than do exam?

You'll need to find a centre for the exams and coursework (coursework will depend on your choice of subject), and that can be expensive if you're doing independently. Apart from that, as long as you have the drive to do the work, there's no reason why it's not possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest