The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why do immigrants hate the 'white British' people?

Immigrants come to the UK, and all they seem to do is complain and spew out racist diatribes against the majority population.

Why?

White British people give these immigrants safe haven from the backwards, poverty stricken countries they emigrated from, yet all they do is complain.

As a white person of immigrant descent, i do notice this racist attitude among other white immigrants, but, it's much more prevalent amongst non-white immigrants.

Seems to me that Britain is a weak and permissive place, and no one really respects it, or it's people. They just treat it like a doormat.

Another analogy which I have been thinking about, is that immigrants are like teenagers; angry and bitter towards the parents who supply them with a roof over their head and food on the table.

You would think immigrants would be happy to be here. I guess it's just human nature to be bitter and angry, even towards those who help you out.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I had a friend who was half Arabic half from Pakistan and she would repeatedly say she hated the English yet lives here. I then was sat with her at a table and some Eastern Europeans who also were hating on the English and I never felt so uncomfortable ever. So what you say is somewhat true although not everyone that comes into the country hates white people there's just a small minority that hates white people.
(edited 9 years ago)
What do you want, for us to give you our 1st born child as a token of appreciation to the white hero for saving us?

What realm are you in? No one hates white-british or other white people. It seems like you just want to be oppressed so bad.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by imtelling
Immigrants come to the UK, and all they seem to do is complain and spew out racist diatribes against the majority population.

Why?

White British people give these immigrants safe haven from the backwards, poverty stricken countries they emigrated from, yet all they do is complain.

As a white person of immigrant descent, i do notice this racist attitude among other white immigrants, but, it's much more prevalent amongst non-white immigrants.

Seems me to me that Britain is a weak and permissive place, and no one really respects it, or it's people. They just treat it like a doormat.

Another analogy which I have been thinking about, is that immigrants are like teenagers; angry and bitter towards the parents who supply them with a roof over their head and food on the table.

You would think immigrants would be happy to be here. I guess it's just human nature to be bitter and angry, even towards those who help you out.

People here really do still view 'immigrants' as just a group of aliens that have no place in the British society..

Why?

Seems me to me that Britain is a weak and permissive place, and no one really respects it, or it's people. They just treat it like a doormat.

Please provide evidence to back up your claims (the stuff marked in red). Remember that the foreign-born population in this country is over 7 million, so you're going to need more than a couple of Daily Mail articles if you're going to successfully demonstrate that most (if not all) immigrants hate white British people.

Also, you seem to have confused asylum seekers (the people we really DO ''supply with a roof over their head and food on the table'') with 'ordinary' immigrants.

Source:
http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/census/2011-census/key-statistics-for-local-authorities-in-england-and-wales/sty-non-uk-born-population.html
Most immigrants I know appreciate the chance that the UK has given them and love the country
Original post by SophiaLDN
What do you want, for us to give you our 1st born child as a token of appreciation to the white hero for saving us?

What realm are you in? No one hates white-british or other white people. It seems like you just want to be oppressed so bad.

I have no problem with people coming into the country white or non-white I don't care I will treat you like you treat me.

I don't want to be oppressed but when you're sat at a table and they're talking about how rude etc English people are you're bound to feel that way.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Although it is by no means able to justify hating the average Briton, it is justifiable for an immigrant to hate the British for making their country a backwards, poverty stricken country due to colonialism, or Britain's continuing efforts to mess up their countries.
Reply 8
Original post by Hijr
Although it is by no means able to justify hating the average Briton, it is justifiable for an immigrant to hate the British for making their country a backwards, poverty stricken country due to colonialism, or Britain's continuing efforts to mess up their countries.

It's not justifiable to hate us for our past. We are not responsible for the mistakes of our ancestors.
What the hell is up with some people on here generalising? Can people not use the word some? SOME immigrants hate white British people, just like SOME white British people hate immigrants.

Also not ALL immigrants come to places like the UK because of poverty. Some just want to move. Just like some British people move to other countries. My dad for example, let his comfortable life in the Caribbean to live in England with my mum.

This thread is pretty silly and so are your points.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by SophiaLDN

This.
Not every immigrant is from a ''poverty stricken country''. Some people actually work their asses off to get to the UK. It's the white brits like yourself who make them feel inferior enough to bite back. Most of them see an opportunity for a better life and grab it. It's these 'white brits' that complain about jobs being stolen when they aren't qualified for well paying jobs. You're not the one helping them out. The leaders with fellow 'white brits' like yourself are. It's just like getting angry with a toddler for pushing your fragile glassware off the table when the parent who let them roam is available. If you want someone to attack, go for your leaders. I'm sure you go on holiday to some of these immigrants ''poverty stricken countries'' , and i don't think you're treated like scum who don't want to stay in their own country even though they have hotels, beaches etc.
What an ignorant stupid OP.
Reply 12
England has history for taking over countries
Basically all of UK's wealth is looted from 3rd world countries out of which you do not deserve even a single dime.over 400yrs you people have looted and exploited us and killed in hundreds.still we are just working to earn back our money....

As for the comments regarding IMMIGRANTS people living in the UK, these are uncalled for and have an unpleasant whiff about them. There is a lot of bitterness in the UK at the moment because our previous government allowed immigration on a massive scale and this has upset the social balance here. The anger should be directed at the British government for doing this, rather than at the people that have come to the UK to settle.

We face constant racist remarks just because of our skin colour....
Reply 13
Well.... that escalated quickly
Coming from a family of immigrants I can safeley say no one in my family hates white British people.
Reply 15
Original post by Shinkox
England has history for taking over countries
Basically all of UK's wealth is looted from 3rd world countries out of which you do not deserve even a single dime.over 400yrs you people have looted and exploited us and killed in hundreds.still we are just working to earn back our money....

As for the comments regarding IMMIGRANTS people living in the UK, these are uncalled for and have an unpleasant whiff about them. There is a lot of bitterness in the UK at the moment because our previous government allowed immigration on a massive scale and this has upset the social balance here. The anger should be directed at the British government for doing this, rather than at the people that have come to the UK to settle.

We face constant racist remarks just because of our skin colour....

All of Uk's wealth came from 3rd world countries????????!!!!!!!

This is the sort of bigoted, racist, pig-ignorant attitude i am talking about.
First of

What is an immigrant ? Define that one for me

So you can get food on the table and a roof over our head

So can most dogs. What's your point ?

If I kill ten people. I will go to prison and get food on table and a roof over my head

What’s your point ?

Secondly you assume that immigrants are richer in the UK because White Brits have been kinder.

WRONG

Immigrants are richer in the UK because the UK is richer.

The pie is so big in the UK that even when it is divided unjustly, as it is, it still leaves most people with more pie than any ordinary person would get in the certain (not all) but ceratin parts of Africa and Asian .

But the worst thing about this argument is that it's such a huge lie.

Whites pretty much let blacks twist in the wind

Whatever blacks or Asians have achieved has been IN SPITE of whites for the most part.

Most whites were quite fine with "White only" signs, if you remember. And even now most seem to be quite fine black ghettos and high rates of black unemployment and crime (so long as it is not in their neighbourhood).

OK. Wait a minute

The question is : Does racism exist ?

If it doesn't then what you're saying is correct and all black people ad Asian people are liars.

Secondly believe or not most black or Asians simply 'stuff' their experiences with racism.

Why ?

Because most whites are so closed-minded about race and get upset about it so easily that it becomes a waste of breath. They have too many built-in defences.

In these ways and others whites shut themselves off from any serious, honest talk about race. Then, partly from this engineered silence, they conclude that racism is no big deal.

When was the last time you saw a programme about racism on TV ?

You never see it. The media has narrowed the meaning of the word as if it'san extreme thing (BNP, Neo-Nazi, KKK) and sometimes not even then

Finally here’s the bigger truth : if white brits are tired of seeing of racism and been seen as racist, there’s an easy way to solve that problem.

Namely, all you have to do is do the work yourselves.

If whites were willing to stand up and condemn the racism in your community, perhaps blacks wouldn’t have to be the ones leading the rally.

But that’s the problem: most whites do nothing in the face of racism. Most of you don’t speak up, don’t talk back, don’t challenge family, friends, colleagues, or anyone else when they engage is racist actions or merely tell racist jokes. You sit back and remain largely silent.

White immigrants are seen as white and accepted as part of the grand scheme of European civilization; viewed as intelligent, hard-working and successful, unlike people of colour who are still typified as lazy, unintelligent, prone to crime and all manner of social pathology.

Getting white brits to acknowledge the humanity of a group of white people however much this group may differ from most of them in terms of religion and certain cultural traditions is a far cry from convincing them of the equal value of non-white immigrants, who don’t look like them, who might not speak the same language, and who are routinely viewed as taking white jobs and soaking up welfare.

With white immigrants a common or similar skin tone allows all within that group to become convinced, if they were not already, of their common bond with others of that skin tone. But racism, by prioritizing certain outward characteristics as paramount to categorization, mes such recognition infinitely more difficult.

White people run the country from top to bottom. You go outside. You look one way ? What do you see ? White people. Look another way ? More white people

Another analogy which I have been thinking about, is that immigrants are like teenagers; angry and bitter towards the parents

Right. So considering you to trying to enforce some sort of hierachy by you thinking you are my parent.

So white people are superior to black people now ? Your words dude

Now let's just says that is true

Let's just say that white people are the parents and are superior, always have been and always will be

Now the question is - WHAT DO YOU DO WITH A RACE OF BLACK AND ASIAN PEOPLE WHO YOU CLAIM ARE INFERIOR AND WHO YOU CLAIM YOU ARE THEIR PARENTS ?

Make up your mind
(edited 9 years ago)
As the daughter of an Italian immigrant, I both agree and disagree with this. My papa has been here 30 or so years, has always worked honestly, and respected England as his host country. However, to the immigrant who live here and whinge-do one, because let's face it, we're over populated. You don't want to be here, the leave.
Reply 18
Original post by kayleighisonfire
I had a friend who was half Arabic half from Pakistan and she would repeatedly say she hated the English yet lives here. I then was sat with her at a table and some Eastern Europeans who also were hating on the English and I never felt so uncomfortable ever. So what you say is somewhat true although not everyone that comes into the country hates white people there's just a small minority that hates white people.

Listen, as an immigrant who is on your side, let me tell you that any immigrant who criticises this country while they live here are scum. These people are racist to the core. Parasites.

The thing that angers me is that I see how immigrants are importing their own cultural baggage into this country; cultural baggage which makes our own countries **** holes, yet, when we arrive here, we have the cheek to criticise the people who give us shelter.

It's beyond parody.

And, as a white immigrant, I can only apologise for the ignorant white immigrants who made you feel uncomfortable.
Reply 19
Politics according to society:

50% immigration
40% welfare
10% education, defence, health etc.

strong logic. Someone feel free to create me a pie chart and appropriate meme, thanks.

Latest

Trending

Trending