The Student Room Group

french A2

who's doing A2 french AQA just interested in sharing or recieving study tips to get a good grade next year
I've just finished A2 AQA French - I studied Moliere's L'Avare and WW2 in France
For the exam I found the essay the hardest bit, my advice is to do a lot of past questions and try and perfect them so you have enough to say in the exam, I did about 6 and in the exam I found it quite easy
Learn vocabulary!!
For the speaking exam, meet up with people in your class and do a bit of speaking at least once a week, it really helps improve fluency and you can learn new ideas to use in the exam
If you have any questions I'm happy to answer them :smile:
Original post by pseudonymegg
I've just finished A2 AQA French - I studied Moliere's L'Avare and WW2 in France
For the exam I found the essay the hardest bit, my advice is to do a lot of past questions and try and perfect them so you have enough to say in the exam, I did about 6 and in the exam I found it quite easy
Learn vocabulary!!
For the speaking exam, meet up with people in your class and do a bit of speaking at least once a week, it really helps improve fluency and you can learn new ideas to use in the exam
If you have any questions I'm happy to answer them :smile:

Hello! I'm doing it next year too, just wondering how you found the WW2 stuff? We're reading Le Silence de la Mer and it's a bit dull...
Original post by lightningdoritos
Hello! I'm doing it next year too, just wondering how you found the WW2 stuff? We're reading Le Silence de la Mer and it's a bit dull...

Ahh I found it a bit of a slog, it's like GCSE history in French so it's quite challenging, luckily you only have to write about one topic in the exam, so I chose the play. I found L'Avare rather dull at the start, what I did is I had an exercise book and translated it- writing notes in French about the characters and summarising each scene, it was really useful for essay writing :smile:

you have to speak about both your topics - for WW2 I did mindmaps of each significant person and event - l'armistice, Pétain, Guy Moquet etc. so everything was really clear for the exam :smile:
WW2 was really interesting though, especially since I didn't know a lot at the start about the occupation :smile:

Are you doing WW2 as your other topic?
Ahh I found it a bit of a slog, it's like GCSE history in French so it's quite challenging, luckily you only have to write about one topic in the exam, so I chose the play. I found L'Avare rather dull at the start, what I did is I had an exercise book and translated it- writing notes in French about the characters and summarising each scene, it was really useful for essay writing :smile:

you have to speak about both your topics - for WW2 I did mindmaps of each significant person and event - l'armistice, Pétain, Guy Moquet etc. so everything was really clear for the exam :smile:
WW2 was really interesting though, especially since I didn't know a lot at the start about the occupation :smile:

Are you doing WW2 as your other topic?

That sounds kinda interesting :smile: For the other one we're doing La Haine? I think...
Original post by lightningdoritos
That sounds kinda interesting :smile: For the other one we're doing La Haine? I think...

Ah right, yeah I've watched that film, it's quite good, a lot to say on the riots in France and young people etc :smile:
Ah right, yeah I've watched that film, it's quite good, a lot to say on the riots in France and young people etc :smile:

I don't really understand it, they speak so fast D:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending