The Student Room Group

Sheffield Vs Strathclyde Vs Kent For Accountancy & Finance

Hey guys!
I really require your help regarding this issue as it is really confusing. I currently live in India and graduated from high school a month back. I aspire to become an entrepreneur in the field of computer software. Technology has always interested me. I developed two games for the iOS when I was 14. Right now, I am working on a web development project for my startup company. I wish to pursue my higher education overseas as I believe in exploring the various opportunities available abroad. However, I am stuck in a dilemma.

I got acceptance from three universities: Sheffield, Kent and Strathclyde for Accounting and Finance. Which university according to you would fit my entrepreneurial mind and provide me with the best knowledge and oppurtunities possible? Besides considering these crucial factors, I also want to attend a university that has welcoming students. I do not want to affect my social life. I want that the university should have loads of activities such as clubs, restaurants, adventure sports and other places for an eighteen year old boy to discover.

Your help would be really appreciated :smile:
Not sure how your query is related to Economics :smile:
Try looking at the course content and see what is more suitable for you. If you want a course that fits your "entrepreneurial mind" wouldn't business studies be more appropriate?
Hi there!

Sheffield has its own Enterprise centre - http://enterprise.shef.ac.uk/ and you can also join Enactus, a student-run company based at the University of Sheffield, dedicated to running commercial and social action projects to make a difference to the lives of others both in our community and internationally - http://www.enactussheffield.org/

Sheffield was also voted No. 1 in the Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey 2014-15 and its Student Union has been voted No. 1 for the last 6 years, so there's lots to get involved in.

Hope that helps! :smile:

Original post by rohan_dhawan96
Hey guys!
I really require your help regarding this issue as it is really confusing. I currently live in India and graduated from high school a month back. I aspire to become an entrepreneur in the field of computer software. Technology has always interested me. I developed two games for the iOS when I was 14. Right now, I am working on a web development project for my startup company. I wish to pursue my higher education overseas as I believe in exploring the various opportunities available abroad. However, I am stuck in a dilemma.

I got acceptance from three universities: Sheffield, Kent and Strathclyde for Accounting and Finance. Which university according to you would fit my entrepreneurial mind and provide me with the best knowledge and oppurtunities possible? Besides considering these crucial factors, I also want to attend a university that has welcoming students. I do not want to affect my social life. I want that the university should have loads of activities such as clubs, restaurants, adventure sports and other places for an eighteen year old boy to discover.

Your help would be really appreciated :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending