The Student Room Group

The Somali Society Mk III

Scroll to see replies

THE ONLY PLACE ON THE INTERNET WERE PEOPLE ACTUALLY SAY 'SOMALIS'

NOT 'SOMALIANS' :dry:
Reply 141
Original post by SincereSoul
Why? None of them? But what if it's mixed and there's allsorts of guys..wbout the niqabi ones?

Ask the ladies here lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Umar1
They don't wear hijabs to weddings

Posted from TSR Mobile

Most do wear hijabs actually..

Especially if its mixed.
Reply 143
Original post by NOONA.
I'd say my bias is Taecyeon

And yeah I know most start with them, I started with Kpop from Kdramas. I just love Korean dramas :h:

omg i love korean dramas

Please watch "to the beautiful you hana kimi"

Best k drama ever. Ahh i watch glorious day aswell as secret garden.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Umar1
Ask the ladies here lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol I think one just replied :smile:

Original post by NOONA.
Most do wear hijabs actually..

Especially if its mixed.

Do you all wear white? :smile:
Original post by SincereSoul
Lol I think one just replied :smile:

Do you all wear white? :smile:

The bride wears whatever floats her boat, there's no particular colour like how Asians wear red.
Original post by NOONA.
The bride wears whatever floats her boat, there's no particular colour like how Asians wear red.

Ah ok lol nowadays asians wear every colour of the rainbow
Original post by missfats
omg i love korean dramas

Please watch "to the beautiful you hana kimi"

Best k drama ever. Ahh i watch glorious day aswell as secret garden.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I loved that drama too :biggrin: I've heard the Japanese version is better though.

My favourites have to be Playful Kiss, Boys over flowers and You're beautiful such great dramas.
Original post by That_Hijabi
Oh yay :biggrin: there are also many muslim girls who wear hijab who will be going to the uni (well i saw many on te psych open day) which is a good thing as hijabis always tend to stick together :tongue:

Ahhh right :smile: what are the best and worst things about uni? Also are you at a London uni?

Yeah there are actually loads! Everyone gets along pretty well there (from what ive seen anyway).

Hmmm thats a hard question actually because it depends. I think you'll like 1st year (depends on your course load too) and 2nd/3rd would just be studying 24/7 and trying to get internship:albertein:! Yeah, im at LSE which is nice but not that exciting lol.
Original post by That_Hijabi
Assalamu alaykum!!!!

Secretnerd aka iqra aka ayeyo signing in (i cant use my other account till aug 20th because i cant seem to reverse my ban :/ ).

Anyway, I hope everyone is good and you're having a lovely ramadan :smile:

You have the same name as me! :five:

Lol anyway wow new thread! :biggrin:
I swear, where I work is so live. I'm responsible for operating 3 monitors on my desk. :biggrin:

finna raise this capital, let's get it.

Original post by daniyaali
Salams fellow somalians

No need to discriminate against the other ethnic minorities. :frown:
Reply 152
Original post by TheLionHearted

:lol:
That's one of the reasons why somalia was never enslaved by the British in their country but rather bought slaves from deep within the west of Africa.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by missfats
:lol:
That's one of the reasons why somalia was never enslaved by the British in their country but rather bought slaves from deep within the west of Africa.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good to know our people weren't pushovers instead, they were fierce and proud :biggrin:
samboos is not exciting anymore :hmmm:
It has lost its novelty and needs so much effort.
Original post by Al-farhan
samboos is not exciting anymore :hmmm:
It has lost its novelty and needs so much effort.

:eek:! Great thing about it is that its not an everyday thing & made right, its perfect!
Reply 156
you know how somalias part of the arab union. and how somalis call actual black people bantu. what are somalis? black or arab?
Original post by SophiaLDN
:eek:! Great thing about it is that its not an everyday thing & made right, its perfect!

True, but for traditionally for us it is a daily kind of thing for breaking fast with other forms of pastry.
Original post by fojodef
you know how somalias part of the arab union. and how somalis call actual black people bantu. what are somalis? black or arab?

Africans :biggrin: and proud.
Reply 159
Original post by Al-farhan
Africans :biggrin: and proud.

yea but africa doesnt really mean anything. especially considering Tunisia, Egypt, Libya and Algeria which I thought were part of Africa were apparently part of the "Arab" Spring.

Quick Reply

Latest