The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Architecture postgrad looking for room near uni!

Hi everyone!!

I am a friendly, soon to be postgraduate student looking for a lovely single room near the University of Liverpool.

I will be looking to move in from September 2014 and leave some time in June 2015.

My only requirements are that since I will be doing late nights, that the room is close to the main university campus (within a 15 minute walk), and that it is relatively clean and modern due to my asthma.

It would be great to live with postgrads, although don't mind a mixed group of people.

If anyone has a room available during this time please let me know :smile:

Thank you all for reading!

Kind Regards

Sam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi
we have a double room in a 3 bed house in smithdown, £70 per week all bills included, including wifi. We will be going into second year at Liverpool Hope; 1 girl studying Human Biology and 1 boy studying Computing. I know its not what you're looking for but worth keeping in mind. Mail me for more info :smile:
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
Hi, Sam

I am in a similar situation... starting part 2 architecture in September. New to Liverpool so a little clueless where to start looking. Hoping to find somewhere fairly close to uni too.

Let me know if u have had any luck :smile:

Ria
Original post by Ria Amin
Hi, Sam

I am in a similar situation... starting part 2 architecture in September. New to Liverpool so a little clueless where to start looking. Hoping to find somewhere fairly close to uni too.

Let me know if u have had any luck :smile:

Ria

Hi Ria,

I plan on going to Liverpool for a weekend on the 21st-22nd June to see what areas are walkable etc.

If you want, we could team up and try to find some others for a houseshare
Reply 4
Hi Sam,

I am unable to make it to Liverpool for the open day.
But as we are both going to do our part 2 and looking for somewhere fairly close to the University, I think teaming up sounds like a good plan.
Let me know what your thoughts are after you have visited this weekend.
I am from Manchester but working in Leeds atm, so I can easily go to visit Liverpool another weekend.
Where are you from?

Ria
I'm from Oxford, so it's an absolute trek :P
I'm looking at a few places this weekend to get an idea of what I can get for my money. If any ae good and there's spare rooms going, I'll let you know :smile:

A lot of the rents say they begin in June/July, but I find that some are happy starting from September which is good since I can't afford paying 2 rents.
Reply 6
Aah ok, yea that's far!
Let me know what happens this weekend!
I am looking for Septemeber too as I am working till the end of August so can't really afford to pay double rent either.
Reply 7
Hi there, i am also looking to start Postgrad M.arch at Liverpool this September, ive never been there either so its all new to me, id love to tag along if possible, as i have no clue on where to live, and where not to live, and on campus living will put my wallet in a coma.
please let me know
Reply 8
Sam, how was Liverpool? Any luck?I was away last week but now I am back planning to find somewhere asap. I know someone who has flats in Liverpool so if either of you are still looking let me know rough budgets and i will ask details on locations and price!

Let me know either way :smile:
Reply 9
Sam, how was Liverpool? Any luck?I was away last week but now I am back planning to find somewhere asap. I know someone who has flats in Liverpool so if either of you are still looking let me know rough budgets and i will ask details on locations and price!

Let me know either way :smile:

Hi Ria, I am still looking myself, so I'm still up for it, in terms of budget, I would preferably like to be under 400 pcm. If you do find anything, please keep me updated, meanwhile, I am also searching online and stuff.
Hi everyone I found a house a fortnight ago in Empress Rd Kensington Fields. The place is six beds and last time I checked ha myself and a mature student. I think Jo, the landlord, wats to make it a mature house.

It's currently being renovated but I saw a show house which was really nice! It's £90pw with no summer rent and a deposit of £150 that goes towards the first month of rent (starting Sept 15th)

Her website is below if interested but currently doesn't have images of the house I'm moving to or the one I viewed.

http://www.landlords-uk.org.uk/properties.asp?id=22356
Hi Sam,

I am unable to make it to Liverpool for the open day.
But as we are both going to do our part 2 and looking for somewhere fairly close to the University, I think teaming up sounds like a good plan.
Let me know what your thoughts are after you have visited this weekend.
I am from Manchester but working in Leeds atm, so I can easily go to visit Liverpool another weekend.
Where are you from?

Ria

Hi Ria, I am also a female architecture Part 2 Student looking for accomdation for September at Uni of Liverpool. I may be visiting Liverpool in 2 weeks time? Would you be interested in living with potential coursemates?

Sam, you know who I am already? (studied with you at Kent haha) :wink:
Original post by Samhasquestions
Hi everyone I found a house a fortnight ago in Empress Rd Kensington Fields. The place is six beds and last time I checked ha myself and a mature student. I think Jo, the landlord, wats to make it a mature house.

It's currently being renovated but I saw a show house which was really nice! It's £90pw with no summer rent and a deposit of £150 that goes towards the first month of rent (starting Sept 15th)

Her website is below if interested but currently doesn't have images of the house I'm moving to or the one I viewed.

http://www.landlords-uk.org.uk/properties.asp?id=22356

Thanks sam, I've had a look at the property (with images she put on it) its location is perfect, and id have to trust your opinion with the rooms and house etc, but it sounds really nice, and most importantly, its also within budget, I am currently in contact with jo now, asking for further information, but thank you very much for it.
Original post by JoelGiova
Thanks sam, I've had a look at the property (with images she put on it) its location is perfect, and id have to trust your opinion with the rooms and house etc, but it sounds really nice, and most importantly, its also within budget, I am currently in contact with jo now, asking for further information, but thank you very much for it.

The house is currently being completely remodelled and refurbished so there aren't any photos of it up yet (apparently it will be done by the end of August). It doesn't have a garden though like many of the houses in it's time, just a small yard. Not sure if this is a problem for you, but it seems nice in general.
Original post by Archi-girl
Hi Ria, I am also a female architecture Part 2 Student looking for accomdation for September at Uni of Liverpool. I may be visiting Liverpool in 2 weeks time? Would you be interested in living with potential coursemates?

Sam, you know who I am already? (studied with you at Kent haha) :wink:

Haha, love it! Can't wait to be reunited :smile:
Reply 15
Hi everyone, I am also returning to Liverpool to complete my part II and looking for accommodation for this coming September. It would be great to find a place with fellow architects! Have any of you had success in finding a place yet? Since I studied at Liverpool for my part I I could give some insight into which areas are preferable. It is very easy to find nice accommodation in Liverpool but living with other architects would be far better.

Lee
Original post by leehiggi
Hi everyone, I am also returning to Liverpool to complete my part II and looking for accommodation for this coming September. It would be great to find a place with fellow architects! Have any of you had success in finding a place yet? Since I studied at Liverpool for my part I I could give some insight into which areas are preferable. It is very easy to find nice accommodation in Liverpool but living with other architects would be far better.

Lee

Hi lee, you should have a look at the house sam brought up, I have been in contact with jo, the landlord, and I think she has 1/2 room left to rent? It's worth contacting her about, as the house is quite nice, and it's not too expensive (95 pounds per week). So I'd say it's definitely worth asking about.
Reply 17
Thanks. I've got it touch so just waiting for a reply. It's a nice area and it's only 15 minute walk from the Architecture building.
I times myself at 13 mins (I'm a fast walker though)
Reply 19
Now time yourself carrying sketchpads and models.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending