The Student Room Group

The political pedophile scandal in the UK.

About six months ago, I predicted on this website that a Conservative former Home Secretary from the Thatcher years would be arrested in relation to a sexual offence within about three months. Well, the timing was a bit off, but it has finally occurred

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jul/06/leon-brittan-denies-rape-allegation

The rumours have been around for years in respect of Leon Brittan and boys, Private Eye has been publishing in that vein since the 1980s. I suspect this is just the beginning of an embarassing series of allegations relating to quite a few prominent politicians.

Next up will be the Elm Guest House can of worms

He is, of course, innocent until proven guilty

Scroll to see replies

Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
It has emerged that the Home Office has mysteriously 'lost' over a hundred files relating to sexual abuse cases. I have a suspicion that Brittan knew of or instigated this file shredding.
Reply 3
Original post by MostUncivilised
About six months ago, I predicted on this website that a Conservative former Home Secretary from the Thatcher years would be arrested in relation to a sexual offence within about three months. Well, the timing was a bit off, but it has finally occurred

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jul/06/leon-brittan-denies-rape-allegation

The rumours have been around for years in respect of Leon Brittan and boys, Private Eye has been publishing in that vein since the 1980s. I suspect this is just the beginning of an embarassing series of allegations relating to quite a few prominent politicians.

Next up will be the Elm Guest House can of worms

He is, of course, innocent until proven guilty

Why do you think it's only going to be Tory politicians? :holmes:
Original post by Jacob-C
It has emerged that the Home Office has mysteriously 'lost' over a hundred files relating to sexual abuse cases. I have a suspicion that Brittan knew of or instigated this file shredding.

This appears to be the innuendo of the combo of allegations concerning Brittain and the vanishing files.
Original post by Dez

I'm unaware of any Labour names on "the list". The list has been doing the rounds, and while some people have dismissed it, it (and the Guest House) are the subject of a major inquiry by Scotland Yard.

The list mostly consists of members of the Monday Club, but also a few other interesting figures like Colin Jordan (who was leader of the National Front), Cliff Richard, Anthony Blunt. If you look up Elm Guest House list, you can find the names.

It is allegations related to this paedophile brothel that were in the 114 lost files that Leon Brittan conveniently lost when he was Home Secretary. And despite the current charges relating to his alleged rape of a woman, the consistent rumours about him were always about boys
I'm unaware of any Labour names on "the list". The list has been doing the rounds, and while some people have dismissed it, it (and the Guest House) are the subject of a major inquiry by Scotland Yard.

The list mostly consists of members of the Monday Club, but also a few other interesting figures like Colin Jordan (who was leader of the National Front), Cliff Richard, Anthony Blunt. If you look up Elm Guest House list, you can find the names.

It is allegations related to this paedophile brothel that were in the 114 lost files that Leon Brittan conveniently lost when he was Home Secretary. And despite the current charges relating to his alleged rape of a woman, the consistent rumours about him were always about boys

Noooooooooooooooo NOT CLIFF RICHARD!
Original post by Dez

I would hasten there was a bit of an atmosphere in the 80s around parliament and elite circles, that if it was known a man was into boys it would be a snigger, a wink and a nod, but nothing particularly would be done about it. Half the issue there was that the homosexual age of consent was 21, and most people thought that was ludicrous, so if they knew a guy was sleeping with 16 year olds, or even 15 year olds, it would raise a few eyebrows but not trigger a police investigation

Peter Morrison MP is probably a fine example of that, Edwina Currie talked about it in her autobiography. And Norman Tebbit was on the telly the other day saying he also felt there was a bit of a sense at the time that you didn't want to rock the boat
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Moosferatu
Noooooooooooooooo NOT CLIFF RICHARD!

I'll read that as sarcasm, given his reputation :wink:
I'll read that as sarcasm, given his reputation :wink:

[video="youtube;C9RzE6zTFFU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9RzE6zTFFU[/video]

Really puts this old episode into perspective.
Reply 10

Isn't Cyril Smith on the list?
Incidentally, I'm slightly worried that one of the first things that comes up when typing in 'Elm Guest House list' is a website that refers to the owners as "bisexual jews", as well as using the phrase "sickening homo-paedos", and calling for an end to "White Genocide". Obviously, there's been a massive problem with a cover-up here, and there are many more reputable sources attesting the account, but surely we should be aware that some of the people making these accusations are less than savoury?

I am surprised about Cliff, though (if it is indeed true) - he always rather struck me as 'non-practicing'.
Original post by Habsburg
Incidentally, I'm slightly worried that one of the first things that comes up when typing in 'Elm Guest House list' is a website that refers to the owners as "bisexual jews", as well as using the phrase "sickening homo-paedos", and calling for an end to "White Genocide". Obviously, there's been a massive problem with a cover-up here, and there are many more reputable sources attesting the account, but surely we should be aware that some of the people making these accusations are less than savoury?

I am surprised about Cliff, though (if it is indeed true) - he always rather struck me as 'non-practicing'.

Is there something wrong with opposing white genocide? :curious:
Original post by Habsburg

I take your point entirely. The people making the most noise about this are conspiracy crackpots.

But, surprisingly, Scotland Yard's inquiry has only deepened as they investigate more. They went in with the intention of showing that the allegations were unsubstantiated, that all the rumours were baseless, but as they have investigated they have found much to go on. Since the investigation began (I'm told about a year ago), it has gone from two detectives investigating to a full-on Scotland Yard inquiry with over 20 investigators and detectives.

It will be interesting to see what they find
(edited 9 years ago)
Lol wonder of we will also see a spike in racist streotyping that we saw with child grooming stories
"You might very well think that; I, couldn't possibly comment."

Francis Urquhart
Reply 17
Vote SNP!!!!

SNP for the glorious future!!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 19
I would hasten there was a bit of an atmosphere in the 80s around parliament and elite circles, that if it was known a man was into boys it would be a snigger, a wink and a nod, but nothing particularly would be done about it.

Other than the blackmail.
[video="youtube;GwkOWPauu_A"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwkOWPauu_A[/video]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending