The Student Room Group

HYde Park 7/7 bombings memorial vandalised with pro muslim messages on Anniversary

Absolute disgrace 7/7 Bombings Hyde Park Memorial has been vandalised on the eve of the Anniversary with pro muslim slogans where the victims families will go today. Slogans included saying the bombers were '4 innocent muslims' and 'July 7th truth'

Thoughts? One word SCUM

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2014-07-07/7-7-memorial-vandalised-on-anniversary-of-attacks/

http://www.londonlive.co.uk/news/7-7-memorial-vandalised-on-anniversary-of-attacks

Scroll to see replies

It's no different to when this happened on Remembrance Day. A group of Muslims decided to protest at 11am in London by burning poppy wreaths and shouting "British soldiers - murderers, British soldiers - rapists, British soldiers - terrorists" and "Burn, burn, British soldiers, British soldiers, burn in hell".

The most disgusting thing is that they choose to live in this country. They take advantage of the system, receive benefits from the state and have protection from the soldiers they insult. If they don't like it, why are they here?

It's the minority that ruins in for the majority though, some of the kindest and most genuine people I know are Muslim.
Disgusting. I dare say most people would agree with "Blair lied, thousands died" though- but still disgraceful that its been done on a memorial.
Reply 3
Original post by BoyWithTheThorn
Disgusting. I dare say most people would agree with "Blair lied, thousands died" though- but still disgraceful that its been done on a memorial.

I don't see what Blair has to do with this. Had we not gone into Iraq 7/7 would still have happened.
The 'minority' that think like that aren't that much of a minority, estimates believe 15 to 25% of Muslims support or are involved with Islamic extremists that's hundreds of millions of Muslims not such a tiny minority now is it.
This is disgusting and so disrespectful. I can't imagine what the families of the victims would be thinking with this. These extremist Muslims need to know when to protest, and when to shut up.
You know the one thing I think we as a country and a culture and take from Muslim culture? The proactive response (oxymoron I know) to outrage just as this.

Obviously not public executions or anything barbaric or as retarded as that, but a reaction to show we will not stand for this. London is the most watch city in the world, CCTV is everywhere. Find them, catch them and make an example. Do stand for this. No matter what race, if you give people an inch they take mile. The more, traditional, Muslims are taking 10 in this country and we just bend over.

Stand up, what better time than when a monument to everyday great British people standing up against tyranny and oppression is defaced? This Is why I I'm moving to Australia when I'm older!!!
Reply 7
Original post by Scrappy-coco
You know the one thing I think we as a country and a culture and take from Muslim culture? The proactive response (oxymoron I know) to outrage just as this.

Obviously not public executions or anything barbaric or as retarded as that, but a reaction to show we will not stand for this. London is the most watch city in the world, CCTV is everywhere. Find them, catch them and make an example. Do stand for this. No matter what race, if you give people an inch they take mile. The more, traditional, Muslims are taking 10 in this country and we just bend over.

Stand up, what better time than when a monument to everyday great British people standing up against tyranny and oppression is defaced? This Is why I I'm moving to Australia when I'm older!!!

Our government making an example of someone? Ha...

Can i come with you? :holmes:
Reply 8
I do hope that they are fined for this action, regardless of what the message is. I would expect the same action or even worse to be called for by the Muslim community, if a similar message were sprayed onto a mosque by British nationalist extremists.

Australia is not the paradise people think it is, not anymore at least. I agree with the rest of your post, we should stand up against this kind of thing. Stripped citizenship should be the way to go, with the offer of help to move to a Muslim country, those who remain would then be denied the benefits of this society, the same society that these creatures hate.
Original post by MrKappa
Our government making an example of someone? Ha...

Can i come with you? :holmes:

Well hopefully the political landscape goes through a change that this country has been calling for since New Labour laid the seeds for the problems now :tongue:

Sure :cool: but not everyone can, some need to stay and hold the fort :biggrin:
Original post by nimrodstower
Australia is not the paradise people think it is, not anymore at least. I agree with the rest of your post, we should stand up against this kind of thing. Stripped citizenship should be the way to go, with the offer of help to move to a Muslim country, those who remain would then be denied the benefits of this society, the same society that these creatures hate.

Why what has changed?

If only the country had the balls for stripped citizenship. You know the more Cameron talks of 'Modern Britain' and how it would against humanity to do such a thing such seems to lack balls and conviction. Or maybe he just doesn't care. Think about it, is this current world more friendly, more peaceful than the one 30 years ago when kicking people out of your country who refused to accept its ways were more common? It's just nonsense that the noble idea of forgiveness and respect from a human can go any further today and yesterday, as if the world has evolved socially to where they won't take advantage. Well rant over I need to a bacon sandwich :colondollar:
Original post by Aj12
I don't see what Blair has to do with this. Had we not gone into Iraq 7/7 would still have happened.

Why do you suggest that it would have happened absent the invasion of Iraq?
Why what has changed?

If only the country had the balls for stripped citizenship. You know the more Cameron talks of 'Modern Britain' and how it would against humanity to do such a thing such seems to lack balls and conviction. Or maybe he just doesn't care. Think about it, is this current world more friendly, more peaceful than the one 30 years ago when kicking people out of your country who refused to accept its ways were more common? It's just nonsense that the noble idea of forgiveness and respect from a human can go any further today and yesterday, as if the world has evolved socially to where they won't take advantage. Well rant over I need to a bacon sandwich :colondollar:

Britain's entry into the common market happened, Australia now has closer ties with Asia, and all that has happened here since entry, has happened there.

I can't see why stripped citizenship is not possible, I read something about France contemplating it.
Original post by Shabalala
The 'minority' that think like that aren't that much of a minority, estimates believe 15 to 25% of Muslims support or are involved with Islamic extremists that's hundreds of millions of Muslims not such a tiny minority now is it.

Such hyperbole, and more shameful to do so during the memory of a tragic event that has affected all.

Either you have interviewed over a billion Muslims around the world or you have at least conducted the most extensive research into the matter.

I doubt you have done either.
However, one organisation in particular has done an immense study into how Muslims view extremism - a Gallup poll, yes that famous organisation based in the US well known for its studies across the globe, performed a study over a 6 year period, interviewing 50,000 Muslims in over 35 countries. The results clearly show:

93% condemned extremism

7% condoned such acts, and were further interviewed, citing secular/political reasons only.

0% supported extremism due to religious views.

The study was particularly analysed in the book 'Who Speaks for Islam? what a Billion Muslims Really Think', lauded by many high profile figures for the sheer scale of research and showing statistics that back up the claims rather than mere hyperbole.

As a Gallup poll mentioned in another article, this time interviewees from 131 countries, the largest study of its kind -
'Views of Violence
What drives public acceptance and rejection of attacks on civilians 10 years after 9/11
'

Views of Violence
Since 9/11, voices arguing that Islam encourages violence more than other religions have grown louder - most recently in the manifesto penned by Anders Breivik before he gunned down more than 70 people in Norway. In his manifesto, Breivik argues that Islam is intrinsically violent and peaceful Muslims are simply ignoring their faith's injunctions to kill. He cites dozens of European and American pundits to support this assertion. If this popular claim were true, it would logically follow that Islam's adherents would be more likely than others to condone violence, even if most find it easier not to follow through on their beliefs, as Breivik contends.

The evidence refutes this argument.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ace123
Absolute disgrace 7/7 Bombings Hyde Park Memorial has been vandalised on the eve of the Anniversary with pro muslim slogans where the victims families will go today. Slogans included saying the bombers were '4 innocent muslims' and 'July 7th truth'

Thoughts? One word SCUM

Why do they let 7th century people like that into advanced areas of the planet?
Original post by getfunky!
Such hyperbole, and more shameful to do so during the memory of a tragic that has affected all.

So it's shameful to even point out this disgusting vandalism, not the actual act of vandalism itself?
Original post by nimrodstower
Britain's entry into the common market happened, Australia now has closer ties with Asia, and all that has happened here since entry, has happened there.

I can't see why stripped citizenship is not possible, I read something about France contemplating it.

Maybe it is just my perception, but I've always seen Australia as having a strong confidence socially, with an attitude of welcome but integrate into our society or you will be rejected. From the Australians I have spoke to this seems to be the case, albeit most with social rejection. But to be honest this is how it should be, if you move to a country and choose not integrate with it culturally what else do you expect to happen? If only Britain was a fraction more like that.
Original post by Aj12

What a stupid thing to say
7/7 and iraq have a clear link even former mi5 head agreed
Original post by MostUncivilised
So it's shameful to even point out this disgusting vandalism, not the actual act of vandalism itself?

I never said it was shameful to point out the vandalism, nor do I condone the act of vandalism, i say this as a Muslim.
If you read my post properly in its proper context then you would realise my post was in response to this ridiculous tidbit:

Original post by Shabalala

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending