The Student Room Group

HYde Park 7/7 bombings memorial vandalised with pro muslim messages on Anniversary

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aj12
I don't see what Blair has to do with this. Had we not gone into Iraq 7/7 would still have happened.

Of course, because the invasion into Afghanistan had taken place almost two years prior to the Iraq war.

Never mind how countless extremists always cite foreign policy as a motivator for their actions.
Original post by Ace123
Absolute disgrace 7/7 Bombings Hyde Park Memorial has been vandalised on the eve of the Anniversary with pro muslim slogans where the victims families will go today. Slogans included saying the bombers were '4 innocent muslims' and 'July 7th truth'

Thoughts? One word SCUM

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2014-07-07/7-7-memorial-vandalised-on-anniversary-of-attacks/

http://www.londonlive.co.uk/news/7-7-memorial-vandalised-on-anniversary-of-attacks

This is absolutely disgusting and extremely disrespectful. I can't support you all enough! I'm a Muslim but that doesn't mean I agree even the slightest with these scums. Respect is very much regarded in my religion and It's horrible to see people claiming to be 'Muslims' doing these atrocious acts. I'm sure you're all very open-minded so please don't pick on every Muslim out there just cause extremists blow things out of proportion. I am a normal person and 100% respect all laws/rules/traditions and so do the majority.
Reply 22
Obviously this is a silly act of pointless vandalism and whoever did it should be ashamed of themselves.

But (as far as I'm aware) the police haven't even released a suspect description yet, so pinning the blame on Muslims is rather idiotic considering it could have literally been anyone.
Original post by James222
What a stupid thing to say
7/7 and iraq have a clear link even former mi5 head agreed

And what did the civilians who were slaughtered in the dozens on the Tube have to do with Iraq? What was their "crime"?
Original post by MostUncivilised
And what did the civilians who were slaughtered in the dozens on the Tube have to do with Iraq? What was their "crime"?

the citizens had nothing to do with it, but Iraq and 7/7 are related
Just as Terrorism in Syria and the Actions of Bashar Al Assad are related
Original post by MostUncivilised

The same that could be said for those civilians who were slaughtered, raped, and pillaged in Iraq and Afghanistan - they had absolutely nothing to do with it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Somebody asked me the other day why I wanted to go into contracting after serving minimal amount of time with the Royal Marines. This is why.

Why would I protect people who hate me? I'm doing my bit of service then leaving to do mercenary work. Protect whoever pays the most.
(edited 9 years ago)
How do you know it was Muslims? Lol

It is not stupid. It is true, they would have found alternative justifications than Iraq. The 7/7 bombings would still of occurred.
Original post by the mezzil
It is not stupid. It is true, they would have found alternative justifications than Iraq. The 7/7 bombings would still of occurred.

no they would not, iraq was the catalyst and primary motivation.

Sure if the UK has invaded Syria and Jordan as Cheney planned then the motivation would have been something else. Why dont you ask the terrorist what the motivation was instead of creating some grand theory with no evidence

The idea of blowback is not something new and even the americans use it all the time when justifying actions of Syrian Rebels so things go both ways
no they would not, iraq was the catalyst and primary motivation.

Sure if the UK has invaded Syria and Jordan as Cheney planned then the motivation would have been something else. Why dont you ask the terrorist what the motivation was instead of creating some grand theory with no evidence

The idea of blowback is not something new and even the americans use it all the time when justifying actions of Syrian Rebels so things go both ways

They would of just found other reasons to bomb, other than Iraq. The terrorist said it was down to foreign policy... that includes a multitude of things, not just Iraq.
Original post by the mezzil
They would of just found other reasons to bomb, other than Iraq. The terrorist said it was down to foreign policy... that includes a multitude of things, not just Iraq.

they would have should have could have but didnt and cited iraq which was the catalyst and primary grievance. You cant underestimate the impact of just invading a country and overthrowing its govt for Project for the New American Century and Haliburton profit will have on people around the world
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by YMLT
Obviously this is a silly act of pointless vandalism and whoever did it should be ashamed of themselves.

But (as far as I'm aware) the police haven't even released a suspect description yet, so pinning the blame on Muslims is rather idiotic considering it could have literally been anyone.

That's so true! :O
Original post by Scrappy-coco
Maybe it is just my perception, but I've always seen Australia as having a strong confidence socially, with an attitude of welcome but integrate into our society or you will be rejected. From the Australians I have spoke to this seems to be the case, albeit most with social rejection. But to be honest this is how it should be, if you move to a country and choose not integrate with it culturally what else do you expect to happen? If only Britain was a fraction more like that.

Don't get me wrong Aussies are friendly and welcoming, I even married one. Unfortunately not all Muslims integrate into that society, most do just like in Britain, but those that don't cause the same bother that they do here. It is a great country, I am not trying to put you off going, but they too have problems within society.
Reply 34
Original post by Reece Sure
Why do you suggest that it would have happened absent the invasion of Iraq?

Because in the various videos released by the bombers and their supporters both iraq and Afghanistan were mentioned as well as the need to fight for oppressed Muslims everywhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35

Both iraq and Afghanistan were the justification. Take away one and the other would have been used.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aj12
Because in the various videos released by the bombers and their supporters both iraq and Afghanistan were mentioned as well as the need to fight for oppressed Muslims everywhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could you provide links to these videos? Because at the present time you appear to be employing anecdotal evidence to support a hypothesis.

Professor Robert Pape of the University of Chicago would very well disagree with you. One of America's leading minds in international security and he is known for his work on international security affairs, especially the coercive strategies of air power and the rationale of suicide terrorism. Based on an analysis of every known case of suicide terrorism from 1980 to 2003 (315 attacks as part of 18 campaigns), he concludes that there is "little connection between suicide terrorism and Islamic fundamentalism, or any one of the world’s religions... . Rather, what nearly all suicide terrorist attacks have in common is a specific secular and strategic goal: to compel modern democracies to withdraw military forces from territory that the terrorists consider to be their homeland"
Only one solution, deport them.
Original post by Aj12
Both iraq and Afghanistan were the justification. Take away one and the other would have been used.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Afghanistan was different and most people saw the initial invasion as self defence
Hard to convince people america is at war with islam when america has lost 3,000 citizens
Original post by getfunky!
Such hyperbole, and more shameful to do so during the memory of a tragic event that has affected all.

Either you have interviewed over a billion Muslims around the world or you have at least conducted the most extensive research into the matter.

I doubt you have done either.
However, one organisation in particular has done an immense study into how Muslims view extremism - a Gallup poll, yes that famous organisation based in the US well known for its studies across the globe, performed a study over a 6 year period, interviewing 50,000 Muslims in over 35 countries. The results clearly show:

93% condemned extremism

7% condoned such acts, and were further interviewed, citing secular/political reasons only.

0% supported extremism due to religious views.

I got that figure from a YouTube video I watched it claimed the figure was estimated by intelligence agencies throughout the world so for arguments sake lets assume that figure is wrong but...

A Pew Research study from 2007 found that over 1 in 4 Muslim adults under the age of 30 in the United States, Great Britain, France, and Spain believe suicide bombing can be justified at least rarely.

A 2013 Pew Research Center poll asked Muslims around the world whether attacks on civilians were justified. Globally 72% of Muslims said violence against civilians is never justified, and in the US, 81% of Muslims opposed such violence. About 14% of Muslims in the nations surveyed (and 8% of Muslims in the US) said violence against civilians is "often" or "sometimes" justified. An average of 25% of Muslims among the 20 nations surveyed believe suicide bombing and other forms of violence against civilian targets is justified at least rarely. The survey did not include some Muslim nations, such as Iran, Saudi Arabia, Algeria, Yemen, Syria, and Libya, but did include densely populated Muslim countries such as Pakistan, Turkey, Egypt, Nigeria and Indonesia.

Your figures are complete bull**** "0% supported extremism due to religious views." what absolute nonsense just look at ISIS they are there trying to create a Muslim super state all based on their religion.

You can see by the huge numbers of British Muslims going to fight in Syria/Iraq 500+ and those will only be the most extreme 1000* that number at the very least are likley to hold such views.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending