The Student Room Group

Alison.co.uk?

Wasn't sure which section to post this in, forgive me I'm new!

I came across this website yesterday which has loads of online courses and then you just pay a small amount for a certificate? Is this legit? Seems too good to be true really, I can't see it being something employers/unis would take seriously.
Original post by neverforget88
Wasn't sure which section to post this in, forgive me I'm new!

I came across this website yesterday which has loads of online courses and then you just pay a small amount for a certificate? Is this legit? Seems too good to be true really, I can't see it being something employers/unis would take seriously.

Hm. I haven't heard of Alison before. What are you paying for... just a certificate...? If the courses are free, it might be worth doing them just so you can say you've done them (and you might learn something too!) but whether or not they'll be recognised by colleges/employers is another matter. :smile: Even if they're not recognised, they might still give you a head start in your learning/skills so.....

Don't know what the quality of the courses are like. :dontknow:

I've done a lot of free courses on Coursera - they're super awesome and I really enjoy learning about new things; but they're not really going to be recognised by institutions/businesses. :smile:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Hm. I haven't heard of Alison before. What are you paying for... just a certificate...? If the courses are free, it might be worth doing them just so you can say you've done them (and you might learn something too!) but whether or not they'll be recognised by colleges/employers is another matter. :smile: Even if they're not recognised, they might still give you a head start in your learning/skills so.....

Don't know what the quality of the courses are like. :dontknow:

I've done a lot of free courses on Coursera - they're super awesome and I really enjoy learning about new things; but they're not really going to be recognised by institutions/businesses. :smile:

Just the certificate I think, but I've heard it's quite expensive considering it's just paper!

I'll look into Coursera, thanks :smile:
Just out of interest does anyone know how much the certificates cost on Alison, I currently want to do the Human Anatomy and Physiology course but I want to be fully informed of what I'm getting myself in for (in terms of certificate cost) before I start the course, however ,they don't seem to inform you of that. :/
There are plenty more better providers out there
ICS
OU
Future learn - free
Courser - free

Nightworld1066

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending