The Student Room Group

Do I have to send in UCAS to all my universities early if I apply to Cambridge?

Hi! I am currently going through a rapidly escalating sense of paranoia, so hopefully you guys can help me.

I'm applying to begin university studies in the fall of 2015 in Cambridge, LSE, Warwick, UCL, and Bristol.

The thing is, Cambridge's application deadline is on October 2015 while the other universities' deadlines are much further ahead.

Normally, this wouldn't be a problem, but I am planning to take two SAT subject tests (in Math 2 and Literature) during October that will likely help me and I want the other schools to take it into consideration to improve my chances. My question is, will I have to send in my entire UCAS application to all my chosen schools by October 15 or could I send it specifically to Cambridge first and then wait three weeks later when the scores come in, add the scores to the UCAS application, and send it to the other four schools?

Please help! Thank you so much!

Scroll to see replies

I'm pretty sure you can add choices up until the January deadline so you should be fine doing that :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes you can. You can send your application only to Cambridge, and then later log in to track on the UCAS website and add choices.
Reply 3
Original post by GrapeLeaves
Yes you can. You can send your application only to Cambridge, and then later log in to track on the UCAS website and add choices.

Thank god! and thank you!

But will I be able to change the application in any way (add in the test score or possibly modifying the personal statement) before adding my other four universities on the list?
Original post by nategunawan
Thank god! and thank you!

But will I be able to change the application in any way (add in the test score or possibly modifying the personal statement) before adding my other four universities on the list?

Nope, you can't change anything :smile: You can only add or withdraw choices. So make sure you give yourself enough time till mid October to write a brilliant personal statement before sending it off. You're able to open a UCAS undergraduate application account right now, just click on 'Apply for 2015 courses':

http://www.ucas.com/apply/undergraduate
Reply 5
Nope, you can't change anything :smile: You can only add or withdraw choices. So make sure you give yourself enough time till mid October to write a brilliant personal statement before sending it off. You're able to open a UCAS undergraduate application account right now, just click on 'Apply for 2015 courses':

http://www.ucas.com/apply/undergraduate

:heart: one love buddy thanks so much.

If I can't change anything though... it's basically the same thing as me sending the UCAS to all the unis during October. So I guess I'm just going to do that... QQ. Hopefully the SAT Subject Test won't sway my admissions so heavily as I am an international student from the US who only has that and the Advanced Placement Tests to prove myself.
Reply 6
Original post by R+G are dead
What you could do is ask your teachers to put in something about the SATs in the reference, so the other universities know that's what you're planning? Best thing to do would be to ring up the other unis (sometime soon) and see what they advise :smile:

Yeah! Good idea, thanks buddy!
:heart: one love buddy thanks so much.

If I can't change anything though... it's basically the same thing as me sending the UCAS to all the unis during October. So I guess I'm just going to do that... QQ. Hopefully the SAT Subject Test won't sway my admissions so heavily as I am an international student from the US who only has that and the Advanced Placement Tests to prove myself.

You can still add those 2 SAT qualifications to your UCAS form you know, only difference is you can write something like 'pending' rather than give a grade.

UCAS asks applicants to write down all qualifications you expect to have completed prior to starting your course in October 2015. What this means is that you should write both the grades you have achieved, AND exams/subjects which you expect to have completed by the time you start your course.
Hi! I am currently going through a rapidly escalating sense of paranoia, so hopefully you guys can help me.

I'm applying to begin university studies in the fall of 2015 in Cambridge, LSE, Warwick, UCL, and Bristol.

The thing is, Cambridge's application deadline is on October 2015 while the other universities' deadlines are much further ahead.

Normally, this wouldn't be a problem, but I am planning to take two SAT subject tests (in Math 2 and Literature) during October that will likely help me and I want the other schools to take it into consideration to improve my chances. My question is, will I have to send in my entire UCAS application to all my chosen schools by October 15 or could I send it specifically to Cambridge first and then wait three weeks later when the scores come in, add the scores to the UCAS application, and send it to the other four schools?

Please help! Thank you so much!

This is scary. Are you me?

Same name. Same unis. Same pending sats. If you're applying for Economics I will **** my load.
Reply 9
You can still add those 2 SAT qualifications to your UCAS form you know, only difference is you can write something like 'pending' rather than give a grade.

UCAS asks applicants to write down all qualifications you expect to have completed prior to starting your course in October 2015. What this means is that you should write both the grades you have achieved, AND exams/subjects which you expect to have completed by the time you start your course.

I see. I never heard this before. People have just told me to ask the teachers to write the predicted scores in the reference, but it's good to know!
Reply 10
Original post by fnatic NateDestiel
This is scary. Are you me?

Same name. Same unis. Same pending sats. If you're applying for Economics I will **** my load.

HAHAHA I am! Hope to hear from you regarding admission decisions. I'd love to get to know my doppelganger. Keep in touch :wink:
HAHAHA I am! Hope to hear from you regarding admission decisions. I'd love to get to know my doppelganger. Keep in touch :wink:

omg. This is funny af. You wouldn't happen to be from NY too..

Anyway do you have an account on College Confidential?
I see. I never heard this before. People have just told me to ask the teachers to write the predicted scores in the reference, but it's good to know!

6. Your education so far

You must enter all qualifications you have a result for, including any which were ungraded.

You must also enter any exams you’re waiting to take, and any qualifications for which you’re waiting results.

http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works/undergraduate/filling-your-application

Your teachers can of course provide predicted grades in the reference, but you should still add the qualifications you're taking yourself when filling the form :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by fnatic NateDestiel
omg. This is funny af. You wouldn't happen to be from NY too..

Anyway do you have an account on College Confidential?

Ahh, the one thing we don't match in is that I'm from Cali. And yes, I do have one, same username!
Ahh, the one thing we don't match in is that I'm from Cali. And yes, I do have one, same username!

Ah lmao, that would be funny. Oh cool, I'll move the talk from here.
Reply 15
6. Your education so far

You must enter all qualifications you have a result for, including any which were ungraded.

You must also enter any exams you’re waiting to take, and any qualifications for which you’re waiting results.

http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works/undergraduate/filling-your-application

Your teachers can of course provide predicted grades in the reference, but you should still add the qualifications you're taking yourself when filling the form :smile:

Boom. That's what I'm looking for. I love you.
Boom. That's what I'm looking for. I love you.

haha :smile: What subject are you applying for btw?
Reply 17
haha :smile: What subject are you applying for btw?

Bristol - Economics and Math
Cambridge - Economics
LSE - Math and Economics
UCL - Economics and Statistics
Warwick - Economics and Industrial Organization
Bristol - Economics and Math
Cambridge - Economics
LSE - Math and Economics
UCL - Economics and Statistics
Warwick - Economics and Industrial Organization

Word of advice - you only get one personal statement to cover all the courses you are applying for and you will have a difficult job writing one which covers so many different courses. Any hint of irrelevance will be read as a lack of commitment or knowledge of the course, especially for such competitive courses as the ones you list. Standard advice is to decide which course you really want and apply to all similar courses. When you are talking about Industrial Organisation in a ps geared towards maths at Cambridge, you are setting yourself up for a fall. When enthusing about maths in a ps to be read by Warwick for a course which doesn't include maths, you will come across as ill-informed. For a real chance at any of them, think it through very carefully.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 19
Nice :^_^: I'm applying for Oriental Studies at Oxford

I guess we're gonna expect a fair bit of rivalry between us from now on. B**ch.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending